Cmp Talladega

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cmp Talladega

Post by Magnusbullets on 2/15/2017, 10:57 am

Cmp holding 2700 on electronic targets March 12.
Come shoot with us. Lots of fun

Magnusbullets

http://www.magnusbullets.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmp Talladega

Post by DavidR on 2/15/2017, 5:14 pm

Since the CMP only have a handful of bullseye matches a year i Wish they would consider other clubs schedule when they pick dates. March 12 is the season opener of South River 2700 in conyers  Ga. too. I will be there supporting Art and his program, plus its good practice for the South River  regional in April

Last edited by DavidR on 2/15/2017, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 2/15/2017, 5:16 pm

Pistolmatches.com
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X on 2/15/2017, 6:01 pm

http://www.bullseyematches.com/

Usually gets updated early March for East Coast matches.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast on 2/16/2017, 11:28 am

CR10X wrote:http://www.bullseyematches.com/

Really not encouraging when you go to a website and everything listed is for the previous year....
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 2/16/2017, 1:17 pm

^^^^^^

Read the second line of post, also most clubs tend to shoot the same day every year.  You know first Sunday or third sunday
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast on 2/16/2017, 1:39 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:

^^^^^^

Read the second line of post, also most clubs tend to shoot the same day every year.  You know first Sunday or third sunday

Still makes for a lousy web site and a poor impression for anyone going there directly when everything listed is old.

If the above is true, upcoming events/dates should be listed as tentative or "To be confirmed". With a clear indication of when such an update might occur on the website itself.

Just saying...
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 2/16/2017, 1:45 pm

Slartybartfast wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:

^^^^^^

Still makes for a lousy web site and a poor impression for anyone going there directly when everything listed is old.

If the above is true, upcoming events/dates should be listed as tentative or "To be confirmed". With a clear indication of when such an update might occur on the website itself.

Just saying...
So how many websites do you run where you gather information from other directors and compile a website on your own personal time just for someone like you?
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach on 2/17/2017, 10:26 am

Um, Slartybartfast....you are treading on thin ice.  Website work for this sport is almost always unpaid, costs money and time out of the webmasters pocket, and takes time away from the other important things in our lives.

Looking a gift horse in the mouth is never in good taste.

-Rob Kovach
Webmaster and Administrator
www.bullseyeforum.net
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast on 2/17/2017, 11:19 am

Just what I thought was some constructive criticism.

I always find it pathetic that the various larger associations seem to do such a lousy job disseminating competition information and it ends up left to unpaid volunteers. I don't want to discourage the effort.

But if I knew nothing about the competitions, didn't know how stable the calendar is year to year, I would probably just stumble across that site and then never return.

A simple inclusion of a note indicating when the calendar update for the current year might be available would be a huge leap forward to informing and retaining viewers.

Unless perfection is being claimed for that site (and others), trotting out the canard of "No good deed goes unpunished" is way over the top.
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach on 2/17/2017, 11:32 am

The constructive suggestion of the note indicating that the calendar is updated in March of each year is appropriate.

The other comments aren't as constructive and should, next time, be omitted.
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder on 2/17/2017, 12:05 pm

Sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone.  Slartybartfast, I accept that you intended constructive criticism.  I myself only intended light-hearted sympathy for the hard-working folks who do volunteer work.
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X on 2/18/2017, 6:00 pm

Per my previous post.  Just got this from Brent today.  Feel free to do something constructive. Like sending a message to Brent, thanking him for the work.  

I am updating the bullseyematches.com website for 2017 and am soliciting match programs to be included from your club.  I have sent this to you as you were the POC listed for 2016 and if someone else is handling this for 2017 please forward this to them and let me know it isn’t you.  There is no cost for this listing and it provides a consolidated location for finding Bullseye Pistol match information for the mid-Atlantic Region.

At this point, even if your match dates are not final approved by NRA but you have provisional dates in mind, let me know the dates and I’ll build them into the master schedule.  Not so hard to change or remove later and then once they are final you can send me your match program(s).

To summarize, the action requested is:

1)      Send me your match program(s) for 2017 if ready or

2)      If programs not ready send me your dates and the planned match courses of fire (Registered, Approved, 2700, DR, EIC, .22EIC, Service Pistol, Revolver, State Match, Regional Match, Club Championship, Practice EIC and/or DR, etc.) or

3)      Forward this to the right POC and CC: me if you are no longer in this role or

4)      Advise me your club no longer wishes to be listed

Thank you for the time and effort you put into conducting these matches.  It is my hope that this helps keep all your relays filled with a waiting list.  Have a great 2017!

Best -
Brent Obenour
Falls Church, VA

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum