Two big updates at Precision Target Pistol Grips - including new Revolver Grips

Go down

Two big updates at Precision Target Pistol Grips - including new Revolver Grips

Post by BerryhillAC on 2/28/2017, 1:52 pm

The last few months have been very busy for Precision Target Pistol Grips.  Thank you everyone from the Bullseye-L Forum for being so supportive.  3d-printed target pistol grips are still a pretty new idea, but it is really taking off.  My printers seem to have been running 24/7 since about Halloween.  

Today I'm thrilled to announce two new additions that people have been asking about since day one.  The first is a video to help understand how to measure for your custom grip.  In the video I not only show how to take the measurements, but also explain a few features that can be built into your grip depending on your preferences.  http://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips.com/custom-measuring.html

Secondly, I've worked up a new revolver grip design.  I've always wanted to shoot a revolver from the short line, but do it single action.  Every grip I've ever tried however caused me to lose my index on the grip when reaching up for the hammer.  With this new grip design single action rapid fire is possible because of the inherent design flexibility of 3D-printing and its dimensional strength.  I don't think I grip like this would be possible in wood.  But with this design you've got a stable hold for leverage while reaching for the hammer with your thumb.  Here is a link to the page on the web site where you can see some video of the grip as well as a demonstration of five shots in a rapid fire string while retaining a solid hold. http://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips.com/revolvers.html

Thanks again for your support of Precision Target Pistol Grips and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

All best,
Andrew

[url=PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com]PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com[/url]
Custom Grips for All Hands and Most Guns

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

Re: Two big updates at Precision Target Pistol Grips - including new Revolver Grips

Post by SteveT on 3/1/2017, 11:11 am

Nice idea on the revolver grips. I may have to try that. I like shooting single action, cocking the hammer. I think I've got a decent grip and process (long fingers and thumb helps) but adding the shelf for leverage during cocking is a good idea.

As long as you are looking to innovate I have a suggestion. The one thing, really the only thing, I don't like about 3D printed grips is the lack of a movable palm shelf. My hand size changes from cold winter league shooting to hot summer outdoor or even from cool morning centerfire match to hot afternoon 45 match. I suspect it would be necessary to add threaded inserts to the grips. I have no idea how difficult and how reliable that would be, but if you can come up with a movable palm shelf, I will be placing another order.
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Re: Two big updates at Precision Target Pistol Grips - including new Revolver Grips

Post by BerryhillAC on 3/1/2017, 11:38 am

Steve,

Thanks for your interest in my grips.  Over time I've debated working a movable palm shelf into my grip designs and ultimately decided against it.  I know that our hands change a little bit due to temperature, but it is my belief that all too often an adjustable grip, being the only thing other than sights a shooter can adjust on the line, is more of a distraction than a benefit.  How many times have you seen someone in the middle of the match spend time futzing with the shelf on an ill-fitting grip instead of concentrating on the match?  I believe that on balance shooters are better served with a palm shelf that is fixed as part of an appropriately sized grip. 

Thanks again for your interest in my grips and if I can ever be of service, please let me know.

All best,
Andrew

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT on 3/1/2017, 3:32 pm

Yes, adjust-ability can be a benefit or it can be a distraction.
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo on 3/1/2017, 4:44 pm

They look good.
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum