smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by SW-52 on 3/8/2017, 7:40 am

hi,i have a smith wesson 52-2 and my pistol have play between slide and frame. is normal on this pistols???
avatar
SW-52

Posts : 325
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by Wobbley on 3/8/2017, 9:50 am

By custom 1911 standards the fit of the 52 is rather loose.

Wobbley

Posts : 941
Join date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by SW-52 on 3/8/2017, 2:13 pm

Wobbley wrote:By custom 1911 standards the fit of the 52 is rather loose.
Yes and loose fitting between the barrel and firing pin area. This pistols need an aftermarket Match barrel
avatar
SW-52

Posts : 325
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by Chris Miceli on 3/8/2017, 2:16 pm

SW-52 wrote:
Wobbley wrote:By custom 1911 standards the fit of the 52 is rather loose.
Yes and loose fitting between the barrel and firing pin area. This pistols need an aftermarket Match barrel
Good luck
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 1401
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Haymarket, VA

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by SW-52 on 3/8/2017, 2:29 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:
SW-52 wrote:
Wobbley wrote:By custom 1911 standards the fit of the 52 is rather loose.
Yes and loose fitting between the barrel and firing pin area. This pistols need an aftermarket Match barrel
Good luck
Yeah,very difficult found one,thanks.
avatar
SW-52

Posts : 325
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by KB2MBC on 3/9/2017, 5:29 am

You found an aftermarket match barrel??

KB2MBC

Posts : 51
Join date : 2014-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by SW-52 on 3/9/2017, 8:24 am

KB2MBC wrote:You found an aftermarket match barrel??
aftermarket Match barrels for a 52 are very difficult,i know person make them,but no for general sale.
avatar
SW-52

Posts : 325
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by C.Perkins on 3/9/2017, 6:54 pm

Nice that you found a barrel.
Will that person also fit it for you ?

Too bad your M52 is loose and needing help.

My M52-1 is as tight as it gets.

Good luck.
avatar
C.Perkins

Posts : 710
Join date : 2011-06-13
Age : 53
Location : Surrounded by pines in Wi.

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by SW-52 on 3/10/2017, 6:52 am

C.Perkins wrote:Nice that you found a barrel.
Will that person also fit it for you ?

Too bad your M52 is loose and needing help.

My M52-1 is as tight as it gets.

Good luck.
clark custom will have available smith wesson 52 match grade barrels with 1-10 twist  and 6 grooves,is the last information i found!
avatar
SW-52

Posts : 325
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by C.Perkins on 3/10/2017, 3:20 pm

I have been hearing about Clark Custom making M52 barrels since around 2011  Rolling Eyes

I know Bar-Sto used to make them years ago so I contacted them about a month ago; they do not.

Do not need one myself(knock on wood) but know of others looking for one.
avatar
C.Perkins

Posts : 710
Join date : 2011-06-13
Age : 53
Location : Surrounded by pines in Wi.

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by SW-52 on 3/10/2017, 5:16 pm

C.Perkins wrote:I have been hearing about Clark Custom making M52 barrels since around 2011  Rolling Eyes

I know Bar-Sto used to make them years ago so I contacted them about a month ago; they do not.

Do not need one myself(knock on wood) but know of others looking for one.
I will buy one clark in the moment they available for sale.
avatar
SW-52

Posts : 325
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: smith wesson 52 slide to frame fitting

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum