Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When to pull the trigger

4 posters

Go down

When to pull the trigger Empty When to pull the trigger

Post by troystaten 3/9/2017, 6:05 pm

I was watching a couple of bulleye shooters I know who are light years better than I am shoot and I noticed that they would elevate the pistol from the bench, hold the pistol and pull the trigger, the question I had is that they seemed to pull the trigger anywhere from 15-30 seconds after they elevated the pistol but the pistol seemed to be steadiest during the first 5-10 seconds.  I was wondering if I should be trying to pull the trigger sooner in my shooting process or if I do not like the site picture lower the pistol and try again.  Obviously that would not work for rapid fire.  

thanks

troystaten

Back to top Go down

When to pull the trigger Empty Re: When to pull the trigger

Post by DavidR 3/9/2017, 7:08 pm

Whatever works for you the best, some can hold for what seems like ever and get a good shot others seem to fire before the gun is even up all the way. The right or wrong way is determined by the holes in your target
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 3/9/2017, 7:15 pm

Thanks David, the majority of the holes in the target are where they are supposed to be but I still have to many crappy shots.  I know more practice and more dry firing will help.  Would be nice to have eyes and a body that where 30 years younger as well but that last part is not going to happen.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 3/9/2017, 8:52 pm

I was always taught anything over 7 or 8 seconds was too long and the shot was lost. Too many tremors by then and your brain has gotten too involved. That being said I hold for anywhere from 7 to 14 or 15 seconds. Drives my mentor nuts.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 3/9/2017, 9:02 pm

You might want to read through Nygord's Notes, especially the one on:

Releasing the Shot

The rest are on the same page.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down