Lee Machine Rest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lee Machine Rest

Post by LenV on 3/11/2017, 6:50 pm

If it ever stops raining here on the Oregon coast (fat chance of that) I plan on some serious range time with a bunch of 22's and different ammo. I have been thinking about it for quite awhile now and have 6 or so pistols I want to test. I got a wild hair up my well you know today and spent the day in the shop. Along with working on crab gear I decided to tinker with my Lee rest. This one jig will now hold all of the models on this list. 1911, 952, 52, 39, 41, 46, High Standard (military) and Buckmark Hunter. It is going to be a long day.

LenV

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee Machine Rest

Post by LenV on 3/12/2017, 2:57 pm

Still working on this. Ruger 22/45 and S&W 22A can be added to list. I think that's it until I find a Mk 4 Hunter some day.

LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach on 3/23/2017, 4:23 pm

You are going to want to weld a chunk of angle iron that goes from the bottom plate, all the way to the top screw hole.  There is going to be too much flex in your design that will prevent you from seeing the results that you are looking for.

....don't ask how I know this...

I made mine a mirror image of yours.  The angle iron came up and worked like a thumb rest.
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 3/23/2017, 4:51 pm

Good idea. I have been worried about that very thing since I removed the extra metal to fit HS mag release. Sounds like back to the shop. Thanks

Len
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum