No longer for sale. David Sams Beretta Hardball gun

Go down

No longer for sale. David Sams Beretta Hardball gun

Post by fanman1 on 4/1/2017, 10:45 am

For sale is my David Sams Beretta 92 Hardball gun in good condition. It has the KKM national match barrel and comes with 2 tuned magazines, case and original test target. The trigger shoe is aftermarket and was not installed by David Sams. It has the Bomar sight. Price $1,650. OBO. Ron Bekebrede. KY.

I have decided to withdraw my offer to sell. Thank you.

Last edited by fanman1 on 9/11/2017, 4:23 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added picture of original test target and detail of slide. Edit # 2 added Bomar sight and lowered the price.)

fanman1

Back to top Go down

Re: No longer for sale. David Sams Beretta Hardball gun

Post by mspingeld on 4/1/2017, 11:19 am

What's the group on the test target? How old is the gun? Approximate round count? Any blemishes?

Thanks

mspingeld

Back to top Go down

Post by fanman1 on 4/1/2017, 1:03 pm

Mike,

I have added a picture of the original test target as received from David Sams. As you can see the gun was built in 2007. As far as blemishes are concerned, the finish at the bottom of the magazine well has worn off and there are some scratches at the front of the slide on the left where it engages the frame. I have tried to show this in the last picture posted. Approximate round count is between 2,000 and 2,500 rounds.

Ron.

fanman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 4/1/2017, 5:52 pm

So it has the old slow twist in it.
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X on 4/2/2017, 6:07 am

The KKM is probably a slower twist than the earlier (older) BarSto barrels.  The slower twist is what you want if shooting 115 to 124. I have had Sam's guns with both barrel types and they shot very well for me.  Anything is better than the original faster twist barrels at 50 yards. 

Don't let the difference between those 2 barrels bother you.  I shot my best ever ball gun NMC with an earlier BarSto barrel and the original Sams load at West Virginia years ago (295-13X).

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 on 4/2/2017, 12:47 pm

Cecil,
what is the original barrel twist rate?

I have to agree that it seems many people make too much about the slow twist KKM vs. Barsto. There are many examples of excellent shooting older build guns with Barsto barrels. Maybe the slow twist makes for a slightly less finicky gun but a barsto barrel shoots well. Now that HP bullets are allowed I think the slow twist makes even less difference.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X on 4/2/2017, 1:03 pm

I believe the BarSto was 1/16 and the KKM was 1/32.  (Others may have more definitive information.)  Offhand shooting in matches, I did not see any appreciable difference in scores with one or the other.  Pretty much everything outside the X ring was my fault with either gun.   

(Actually that goes for just about every gun I own.  Could get depressed about that if I though about it too much.....)  

Anyway, somebody buy this gun before I start thinking about it too much! A Sam's Beretta is a joy to shoot. 

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 4/2/2017, 1:31 pm

KKM makes 1-18 now
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down