2700 score books

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2700 score books

Post by Magload on 4/3/2017, 9:29 am

I am looking for a BE score book to keep track of my progress.  I found one on Champions Choice but I am not going to give them $15 S&H to ship me a $5 book.  I would like to be able to look back at the scores I shot Sunday.  Since you turn in your card at the end of the shoot I guess I would have to write the scores in the book before turning the cards in.  I could take a photo with my Iphone and do it later I guess.  How do you guys handle this?  Don
avatar
Magload

Posts : 875
Join date : 2016-11-18
Age : 70
Location : NE Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Chris Miceli on 4/3/2017, 10:24 am

I just use excel
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 1474
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Haymarket, VA

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Aprilian on 4/3/2017, 10:41 am

I usually remember to take a photo on my phone and then enter each shot's score into excel later.  Dave (Droning) gave me a good spreadsheet last year.
avatar
Aprilian

Posts : 309
Join date : 2016-05-13
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by jmdavis on 4/3/2017, 11:06 am

If you buy some targets or other stuff at the same time the $15 isn't so bad. But I write down the overall scores in a notepad attached to the inside of my gun box with Velcro. I also make any notes about a range or mstch in the same little book.
avatar
jmdavis

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2012-03-23
Location : Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by cdrt on 4/3/2017, 12:45 pm

Magload wrote:I am looking for a BE score book to keep track of my progress.  I found one on Champions Choice but I am not going to give them $15 S&H to ship me a $5 book.  I would like to be able to look back at the scores I shot Sunday.  Since you turn in your card at the end of the shoot I guess I would have to write the scores in the book before turning the cards in.  I could take a photo with my Iphone and do it later I guess.  How do you guys handle this?  Don

If you want, I can send you a pdf of a page from a Gil Hebard score book.  You can make copies and use it, until you find something better.  If you want it, pm me your email.  The upload device here won't accept the file as part of a post.
avatar
cdrt

Posts : 202
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Amarillo, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Magload on 4/3/2017, 2:28 pm

Dang why didn't I think of a spread sheet.  I have one for rounds shot for every gun I own and one for reload data.  My Son is a high master of Excel if I can give him a idea of what I need he can fix me up.  I my self am lucky to get the data entered in mine with out screwing them up.  

Thanks everyone  Don
avatar
Magload

Posts : 875
Join date : 2016-11-18
Age : 70
Location : NE Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Magload on 4/3/2017, 2:32 pm

cdrt wrote:
Magload wrote:I am looking for a BE score book to keep track of my progress.  I found one on Champions Choice but I am not going to give them $15 S&H to ship me a $5 book.  I would like to be able to look back at the scores I shot Sunday.  Since you turn in your card at the end of the shoot I guess I would have to write the scores in the book before turning the cards in.  I could take a photo with my Iphone and do it later I guess.  How do you guys handle this?  Don

If you want, I can send you a pdf of a page from a Gil Hebard score book.  You can make copies and use it, until you find something better.  If you want it, pm me your email.  The upload device here won't accept the file as part of a post.
PM has been sent thank you.  Don
avatar
Magload

Posts : 875
Join date : 2016-11-18
Age : 70
Location : NE Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by rfmiller on 4/3/2017, 4:05 pm

I also take a photo of the score sheet with my phone.  Transferring the data to a spreadsheet makes it easy to get a good overview of a season's shooting

rfmiller

Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Oleg G on 4/3/2017, 7:48 pm

I don't know how to attach a file to a message here. If you PM me, I will send you an Excel template by email. I usually take a picture of the scorecard and then enter the values at home. It allows me to review the scores from a variety of matches and league practice sessions.

Regards,
Oleg.
avatar
Oleg G

Posts : 75
Join date : 2016-05-12
Location : North-Eastern PA

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by SteveT on 4/4/2017, 7:02 pm

I developed some score sheets that I use available on my Google Drive at the link below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxMbw2VIqtOwNXEtVVN0bnBZTjQ
avatar
SteveT

Posts : 263
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Illinois

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by gregbenner on 4/5/2017, 1:04 am

I started an excel spreadsheet, but was cumbersome. Plus, Most of the matched aren't 2700 in my area, 1200 and 1800 are popular.  I've started just recording the % by course of fire and caliber, plus overall aggregate. Less numbers for an aging brain (lol). In my case, I have particular problem with .45 rapid fire, so i keep track of that % as well, for both matches and practice.

gregbenner

Posts : 184
Join date : 2016-10-29
Location : San Diegp area

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by dronning on 4/5/2017, 2:31 am

excel spreadsheet I posted in 2014:
http://www.bullseyeforum.net/download.forum?id=432

- Dave
avatar
dronning

Posts : 1346
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 63
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Dpgrump on 5/1/2017, 12:48 pm

The other side..............

I jot down the score for the gun on a little scrap of paper in my gun box. Otherwise I could take it off the score board posted after the match.  I find enjoyment in the doing not the ponderous details. 

I sense from your collection of comments you have not shot a match yet. The Dixie Regionals was two weeks ago, the club match is Sunday, May 6.   If this is your first match just listening to instructions, scoring, loading the gun, shooting and keeping up will be plenty to do. Don't up your anxiety level  during the match with a lot of extra paperwork.  Otherwise you may be "that guy" everyone has to wait on.  It will be better to just go with the flow and learn the routine. It is supposed to be fun not work.....
avatar
Dpgrump

Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Chris Miceli on 5/1/2017, 1:05 pm

It was just expressed to me from a High Master that i shouldn't be keeping scores, and that i should be evaluating myself based on performance and meeting non numerical goals. It was mentioned also not to be tallying my scores during the match. Just verify the target is scored correctly as well as the card.  

I don't think where i am at i can honestly say i don't get hyped or anxious when performing well.
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 1474
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Haymarket, VA

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Magload on 5/1/2017, 3:54 pm

Dpgrump wrote:The other side..............

I jot down the score for the gun on a little scrap of paper in my gun box. Otherwise I could take it off the score board posted after the match.  I find enjoyment in the doing not the ponderous details. 

I sense from your collection of comments you have not shot a match yet. The Dixie Regionals was two weeks ago, the club match is Sunday, May 6.   If this is your first match just listening to instructions, scoring, loading the gun, shooting and keeping up will be plenty to do. Don't up your anxiety level  during the match with a lot of extra paperwork.  Otherwise you may be "that guy" everyone has to wait on.  It will be better to just go with the flow and learn the routine. It is supposed to be fun not work.....
I attempted to shoot the last club match.  Finished the RF but had ammo problems in the CF with my 45 and just shot the SF.  That is what I did i got my scores off the board in the window the following Wed.  I was not ready for the Dixie but will shoot it next year.  Also plan on the 1800 later this month as I need to get a classification.  Don
avatar
Magload

Posts : 875
Join date : 2016-11-18
Age : 70
Location : NE Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by willnewton on 5/1/2017, 4:42 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:It was just expressed to me from a High Master that i shouldn't be keeping scores, and that i should be evaluating myself based on performance and meeting non numerical goals. It was mentioned also not to be tallying my scores during the match. Just verify the target is scored correctly as well as the card.  

I don't think where i am at i can honestly say i don't get hyped or anxious when performing well.
Since I was there at the time you heard that, I'll chime in to add that there was additional talk that keeping track of GOOD TARGETS might be the better way to go.  Positive reminders are always good.  Negative reminders keep you from remembering the things you did right when shooting, even if it was a rough day score-wise.

I have been keeping track of my scores via spreadsheet the past year and after thinking about it with 20/20 hindsight, can say that chasing a rarely acheived high score number vs. trying bring my overall average up or being depressed by a long series of low or inconsistent scores has certainly affected my overall shooting in a negative fashion.

That record keeping habit will soon be changed to saving target centers from personal bests and taking notes on things that I did right rather than being a slave to the numbers game.
avatar
willnewton

Posts : 219
Join date : 2016-07-24
Location : Eastern NC

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Magload on 5/1/2017, 6:49 pm

willnewton wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:It was just expressed to me from a High Master that i shouldn't be keeping scores, and that i should be evaluating myself based on performance and meeting non numerical goals. It was mentioned also not to be tallying my scores during the match. Just verify the target is scored correctly as well as the card.  

I don't think where i am at i can honestly say i don't get hyped or anxious when performing well.
Since I was there at the time you heard that, I'll chime in to add that there was additional talk that keeping track of GOOD TARGETS might be the better way to go.  Positive reminders are always good.  Negative reminders keep you from remembering the things you did right when shooting, even if it was a rough day score-wise.

I have been keeping track of my scores via spreadsheet the past year and after thinking about it with 20/20 hindsight, can say that chasing a rarely acheived high score number vs. trying bring my overall average up or being depressed by a long series of low or inconsistent scores has certainly affected my overall shooting in a negative fashion.

That record keeping habit will soon be changed to saving target centers from personal bests and taking notes on things that I did right rather than being a slave to the numbers game.

I think you are probably right keeping track of previous scores puts a added pressure on me I don't need.  I thought it was a good idea as I could track progress but then I should just know that I am getting better and see it in my groups and targets I feel good about.  Or should I finish a match and look back at the score book and say "now that was a over all improvement since last months match, but I need more work on RF.  Don
avatar
Magload

Posts : 875
Join date : 2016-11-18
Age : 70
Location : NE Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Wobbley on 5/1/2017, 8:34 pm

Track your progress somewhat as you need to know what to work on.

Wobbley

Posts : 987
Join date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Magload on 5/1/2017, 8:57 pm

Wobbley wrote:Track your progress somewhat as you need to know what to work on.

I am not good with Excel but I have a spread sheet for about everything.  My son is a wizzard at Excel and made me several while I was short term trading but I could always seam to screw them up so they didn't work right.  I plan to track my scores but not during a match as I am still slow at scoring targets.  It is easy to score the Masters and High Masters it is a lot harder scoring targets like mine.  I don't even check if mine is scored right just to slow and a point or to doesn't mater the way I am shooting right now that I am shooting aginst Masters. Don
avatar
Magload

Posts : 875
Join date : 2016-11-18
Age : 70
Location : NE Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Warhorse on 5/2/2017, 9:18 am

dronning wrote:excel spreadsheet I posted in 2014:
http://www.bullseyeforum.net/download.forum?id=432

- Dave
Thank you for reposting this!

I just downloaded it, and plan on entering my scores from my first 2700, a 25yrd indoor match that I just shot last Sunday.

Warhorse

Posts : 67
Join date : 2016-04-06
Age : 63
Location : MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Dpgrump on 5/2/2017, 11:40 am

Magload wrote:I attempted to shoot the last club match.  Finished the RF but had ammo problems in the CF with my 45 and just shot the SF.  That is what I did i got my scores off the board in the window the following Wed.  I was not ready for the Dixie but will shoot it next year.  Also plan on the 1800 later this month as I need to get a classification.  

I think you said that you finished the first gun, the .22 (first 900 points) with RF. But had problems in the center fire match (2nd 900 pts) with your .45 and ammo problems and only finished the SF portion. 

The club match is kind of informal. You could have finished for practice with the .22. Scores wouldn't count but the match or "tournament" isn't reported anyway.  It is for fun you know. The practice with the other gun gives you more sense for the match, scoring,  timing, commands, etc.
avatar
Dpgrump

Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 2700 score books

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum