Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EIC matches and the Beretta 92

5 posters

Go down

EIC matches and the Beretta 92 Empty EIC matches and the Beretta 92

Post by Virgil Kane Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:53 am

Being new to shooting EIC matches I'm wondering if someone can clarify something for me. If I'm reading the rules right the CMP has a list of approved pistols which include pistols used by other countries military's .  It list the Beretta 92/96 F, FS, (M-9), etc. 

Is the Beretta 92G permitted?  It (the 92G)is used my the French military but not included on the list of approved pistols on the CMP EIC list.

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

EIC matches and the Beretta 92 Empty Re: EIC matches and the Beretta 92

Post by Sc0 Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Think it falls under the etc part as a 92G is still a 92, my National Match Beretta is based off a Brigadier.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:17 pm

From my reading, there is no "etc." in the rules.  There is a specific list of models and variations and the 92G is not listed in 6.2.3 or 6.2.4.  I would suggest a direct inquiry to the CMP, or at least have a friend you can borrow an approved gun from with you at the match.  The Brigadier is specifically included. 

As per the CMP:

If a pistol is not listed in Rule 6.2.3 or 6.2.4 or on the CMP Approved Service Pistols list as an Approved Service Pistol and it appears to fulfill the requirements of Rule 6.2, a request may be submitted to CMP Competitions (competitions@thecmp.org) for the CMP to consider approving the pistol and adding it to the current list. 

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Got a ruling from the CMP today.  My Beretta 92G is/will be legal if I change the sights that are factory white dot. cheers

Easy enough to do.

My concern was, the 92G was issued to the French Military.  There are still some people that believe France never had a military in the last 103 years. jocolor

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Virgil Kane wrote:Got a ruling from the CMP today.  My Beretta 92G is/will be legal if I change the sights that are factory white dot. cheers

Easy enough to do.

My concern was, the 92G was issued to the French Military.  There are still some people that believe France never had a military in the last 103 years. jocolor

Virgil
Now that's just not true. I have a French military MAS rifle to prove it. It's in great condition. Never fired. Only dropped once!

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:23 pm

JKR wrote:
Virgil Kane wrote:Got a ruling from the CMP today.  My Beretta 92G is/will be legal if I change the sights that are factory white dot. cheers

Easy enough to do.

Virgil
Now that's just not true. I have a French military MAS rifle to prove it. It's in great condition. Never fired. Only dropped once!
Is it the standard issue with the pink sling?
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down