Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchdot II and 1 inch ultra dot question

+2
mspingeld
Mightyheb
6 posters

Go down

Matchdot II and 1 inch ultra dot question  Empty Matchdot II and 1 inch ultra dot question

Post by Mightyheb 4/25/2017, 10:09 am

I have boththe ultradot 1" and the matchdot II. I have heard I should use the matchdot on my marvel 22 and the ultra dot 1" on my 45. Is that the case and also why? Is it because of weight of dot?
Mightyheb
Mightyheb

Back to top Go down

Matchdot II and 1 inch ultra dot question  Empty Re: Matchdot II and 1 inch ultra dot question

Post by mspingeld 4/25/2017, 10:35 am

I would think the Matchdot II would be better on the 45 since it's so easy to adjust elevation between short line and long line (about 4 or 5 clicks). With the 22 there's usually no adjustment needed.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Matchdot II and 1 inch ultra dot question  Empty Re: Matchdot II and 1 inch ultra dot question

Post by Froneck 4/25/2017, 12:06 pm

There has been quite a bit of discussion in the forum about the Match II's problems. Some claimed they will not use them at all. The older 1" UltraDot was quite good, some later versions were getting negative magnification but otherwise OK. That may be the reason for putting the II on the Nelson.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 4/25/2017, 5:07 pm

Maybe lighter weight, so less reciprocating mass, and less finicky regarding loads and recoil spring rate?

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by davekp 4/26/2017, 6:58 am

Mightyheb wrote:I have boththe ultradot 1" and the matchdot II. I have heard I should use the matchdot on my marvel 22 and the ultra dot 1" on my 45. Is that the case and also why?  Is it because of weight of dot?
Who did you hear it from?

davekp

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda 4/26/2017, 7:14 am

I shoot for Team UltraDot and have never heard such a story.  It comes down to preference.  I have used both on all my guns with no issues.  Currently using 1" on everything but again that is strictly my personal preference.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down