Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

52-2 rebuild update

4 posters

Go down

52-2 rebuild update Empty 52-2 rebuild update

Post by Magload 4/27/2017, 8:40 pm

I got all the parts today that I bought off EBay.  They look to be never used but all I really needed was the triggerbar spring and the sear spring.  Well I don't know what I am doing wrong but After 4 hours I have given up.  I can not get this thing back together.  I have something wrong.   I think this step is what is getting me ( Next install disconnector assembly under tang of drawbar.)  as the disconnectot is not anywhere near the drawbar,  The pictures and instructions are for a model  59  I didn't find any for a 52 didn't  I guess the frame and the box of parts is going to go off to KC or into the gun safe as is.  1911s are so simple compared to this thing no wonder S&W discontinue making it, Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

52-2 rebuild update Empty Re: 52-2 rebuild update

Post by Sa-tevp 4/27/2017, 9:17 pm

Hang in there. Take a break and come back and try again. I haven't done this on my M52-2 but have done it many times on 3rd Gen S&W pistols. If I remember correctly I was using a punch to hold the hammer in place and the frame was upside down. Using tweezers or needle nose pliers to get the disconnector in its hole and its tail between the trigger bar and the hammer.

See also about 7:45 in on this reassembly video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8gHexjFR-I

Attached is a parts catalog illustration.
Attachments
52-2 rebuild update Attachment
M52.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(111 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins 4/27/2017, 9:31 pm

Don;
I knew it would come to this just from reading your posts  Laughing
Only one way to do something you have never done before is take good notes and if needed, pictures.
Too bad we are past that.

Good luck;
Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 4/27/2017, 10:05 pm

I see where the disconnector sets into a notch in the trigger bar,  The reason they was not touching at first is that the trigger was caught below the adjustment screw so the bar wasn't going far enough forward.  I got all that right now it is just that the rear of the trigger bar is in the way to get the disconnect into the hole.  If I could turn that screw so the trigger would move farther ahead the bar would move back and I could drop it in,  That screw is frozen up after 47 years I I don't want to try heating it.  Tomorrow is another day.  I will get it.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Blsi2600 4/28/2017, 12:33 am

Try Kroil penetrating oil.  Let it sit for a couple of days or more.

Blsi2600

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down