WTB Lower drawer for Strong Box 1608

Go down

WTB Lower drawer for Strong Box 1608

Post by Archer Gravely on 5/1/2017, 9:48 am

I would like to buy a lower drawer for the small 3-gun Strong Box (SRC-1608)  that is brown in color.  New black ones are available but the brown ones are scheduled for production for 3-4 months according to the Strong Box outlet store in Nevada.  Champions Choice does not stock the lower drawers and Bullseye Gear is out-of-stock.

thanks

archer
Archer Gravely

Back to top Go down

Re: WTB Lower drawer for Strong Box 1608

Post by Chris Miceli on 5/1/2017, 10:58 am

Honestly I wouldn't recommend one. The box will just be so heavy once you fill it up and the drawer. I use a range bag plus my box. Debating using a case for my pistols instead of the box when transporting
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b on 5/1/2017, 12:04 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:Honestly I wouldn't recommend one. The box will just be so heavy once you fill it up and the drawer. I use a range bag plus my box. Debating using a case for my pistols instead of the box when transporting
I kind of agree with Chris. I bought the same box essentially to keep it light at possible vs the long three gun and the massive 4 gun box. I too thought about the drawer but opted for my soft pistol bag when I am at match that requires more guns and/or more ammo. Most of the matches I shoot are perfectly served with the 1608.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces on 5/1/2017, 12:10 pm

Tried putting everything in the box for four guns. Did it once. It was heavy and difficult to find smaller items.  Now use the box for guns and a few items. Ammo, magazines, shooting mat and other items go in a soft range bag. It's amazing how many individual items go to the range for a 2700, service pistol and DR match.
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math on 5/1/2017, 2:33 pm

I used to shoot SB and air rifles.  I thought going to pistols would lighten my load, and to some extent it has, at least I don’t need to haul a wardrobe of leather and canvas, mats, slings, kneeling rolls, boots etc.  around anymore.  I do really need to get serious about finding a 1911 style .45 that is both my state legal and accurate  and give up my current battery of a K-38 and .45 revolver.  It might not mean any less weight, but at least the ammo will all be the same size and the spares I carry will be less.
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 5/3/2017, 10:57 am

Archer, Don't let them put you off about weight. That extra drawer is perfect for a lot of reasons. It is the only spot my 25-2 fits. Turns it into a 4 gun case and room for lots of extras. If I wanted to I could also make the bottom a quick disconnect for when you wanted a little more/less . One hand to carry guns and ammo and the other hand free for your folding chair, thermos, ice chest and doughnuts. Seems to balance nicely.

LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld on 5/3/2017, 1:48 pm

I vote for skipping the drawer. Had it. Too heavy, too tall.

mspingeld

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b on 5/3/2017, 1:55 pm

So back to the original post, I hope someone who doesn't want theirs anymore can sell one to Archer.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload on 5/3/2017, 2:34 pm

LenV wrote:Archer, Don't let them put you off about weight. That extra drawer is perfect for a lot of reasons. It is the only spot my 25-2 fits. Turns it into a 4 gun case and room for lots of extras. If I wanted to I could also make the bottom a quick disconnect for when you wanted a little more/less . One hand to carry guns and ammo and the other hand free for your folding chair, thermos, ice chest and doughnuts. Seems to balance nicely.

Dang Len it must take a lot of doughnuts to balance with all that ammo in there,  I almost need a lift to get my 4 gun box out of my Jeep when I put 3 guns in it and no ammo.  Don
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum