WTB Bo-Mar Rib For High Standard

Go down

WTB Bo-Mar Rib For High Standard

Post by Ed L. on 5/31/2017, 10:42 pm

I need a genuine High Standard Model Bo-Mar Rib for my Clark-High Standard Supermatic Tournament.
A former unknown owner removed the Bo-Mar Rib and installed a scope mount. I shoot with iron sights.
I will be very grateful to anyone willing to sell me one. Thanks!!!

Ed L.

Back to top Go down

Re: WTB Bo-Mar Rib For High Standard

Post by fc60 on 6/1/2017, 12:56 pm

Greetings,

Sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis on 6/3/2017, 8:08 pm

Dave,

If Ed doesn't take you up on your offer, let me know.  I would like to get one of these for my Victor.

Thanks.  

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 on 6/4/2017, 10:27 am

Greetings John,

The hole pattern of the Bo-Mar did not match that of the Victor.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt on 6/4/2017, 11:49 am

fc60 wrote:Greetings John,

The hole pattern of the Bo-Mar did not match that of the Victor.

Cheers,

Dave
Bob Chow was able to get one to work on my Victor, but it ended up sticking out the front of the barrel about 1/8" and he had to mill some metal from the back end to let the Victor's slide work.  I only had it done because the rear sight on the original rib broke.  When HS opened up in Houston, I picked up a new rib from them and installed it, instead of the Bo-Mar rib.
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis on 6/4/2017, 6:12 pm

Thanks for the info on the hole pattern. I have seen one mounted to a Victor but I assumed it was a simple swap. Ed sent me a pm and mentioned that new holes can be drilled in the Victor barrel so I'll bet that's what I saw. That would be easy enough so I would still be interested in one if anybody has one laying around in a drawer. I've gone full circle by shooting irons to start, then went to a dot, and now I'm back to irons but I love those Bomar ribs.  I like the old school look and feel of these.

Thanks
John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on 6/4/2017, 6:15 pm

That works fine.  Another hole drilled and shave the front overhang.
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt on 6/4/2017, 8:21 pm

Jack H wrote:That works fine.  Another hole drilled and shave the front overhang.
Bob did not have to drill any extra holes to make it work, just the milling underneath at the back end.  I don't remember finding any extra holes when I replaced it with a HS rib.  If I remember correctly, if you try and take metal off the front, it would remove part of the front sight, so not a good idea.  It worked okay with the overhang, just looked a little funny.
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed L. on 6/4/2017, 10:52 pm

I called gunsmith Al Marvel at Marvel Custom Guns. He makes scope mounts for High Standard Victor pistols and for
Clark-High Standard pistols with Bo-Mar ribs. He said that the hole patterns are different. His website shows two different
scope mounts. One for the High Standard Victor and one for those equipped with Bo-Mar ribs.

I will not dispute anyone on this forum that says their Victor has the same pattern as the Bo-Mar rib. The reputation of
gunsmith F. Bob Chow is legendary! Could it be that Bo-Mar made two different High Standard ribs? One for the original
custom Clark-High Standard and then later one for the Victor that Mr. Marvel says has a different hole pattern?
Sadly Bo-Mar has long been out of business so I cannot contact them for verification, or to purchase new ribs.

If you Google Marvel Custom Guns, Inc. you can see photos of his two different scope mounts for High Standards.
One for the Victor hole pattern and one for the Bo-Mar hole pattern.

-Ed

Ed L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on 6/5/2017, 12:30 am

I mounted a Bomar rib on a Victor barrel.  One new hole (Roddy did that) and shorten the front overhang which did not disturb the front sight at all.  One Bomar hole was already in the right place.

Len has this pistol now.  It was actually a Trophy Model with 7.25" fluted barrel.  Someone wanted the fluted barrel more than I did.  So I shaved the slide and plugged the rear sight holes.

Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt on 6/5/2017, 7:17 am

Ed L. wrote:I called gunsmith Al Marvel at Marvel Custom Guns. He makes scope mounts for High Standard Victor pistols and for
Clark-High Standard pistols with Bo-Mar ribs. He said that the hole patterns are different. His website shows two different
scope mounts. One for the High Standard Victor and one for those equipped with Bo-Mar ribs.

I will not dispute anyone on this forum that says their Victor has the same pattern as the Bo-Mar rib. The reputation of
gunsmith F. Bob Chow is legendary! Could it be that Bo-Mar made two different High Standard ribs? One for the original
custom Clark-High Standard and then later one for the Victor that Mr. Marvel says has a different hole pattern?
Sadly Bo-Mar has long been out of business so I cannot contact them for verification, or to purchase new ribs.

If you Google Marvel Custom Guns, Inc. you can see photos of his two different scope mounts for High Standards.
One for the Victor hole pattern and one for the Bo-Mar hole pattern.

-Ed

I had the mod done by Bob back in 1980.  The rib he used was flatter than the curve on the top of the Victor barrel, so he had to red locktite it to get it to work.  When I sent the pistol to HS to have it re-blued, they removed the rib.  When they re-installed it, it would not keep zero since it was shifting due to recoil.  That was the reason I had them send me a new rib, which I installed.  The front sight was flush with the front of the rib.  If you shaved it off, you would lose part of the front of the sight, but it would still work.
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Auclassof99 on 6/5/2017, 12:26 pm

Not sure if my Bomar rib works for what you're trying to do, but I still have it for sale.

Auclassof99

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 6/5/2017, 12:45 pm

Auclassof99's Bomar rib should work great. This is the 106 that Jack had the Bomar rib on. I sold the Bomar and put a Marvel on so I could mount a scope. Since it had an extra hole I had my choice what Marvel I wanted.

LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis on 6/5/2017, 12:57 pm

Auclassof99. Pm sent.  Thanks, John.

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Bo-Mar on GunBroker

Post by fc60 on 6/6/2017, 11:23 am

Greetings,

Saw this on GunBroker...

Bo-Mar rib with free barrel..

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/653697979

Cheers,

Dave
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed L. on 6/12/2017, 1:13 am

Thanks to Dave for providing me with an excellent Bo-Mar High Standard sight rib
for my Clark-High Standard Supermatic Tournament .22 L.R. pistol. Now it looks
like it did when it left Clark's Custom Guns many years ago. The Bo-Mar rib's
condition was exactly as Dave described it and he shipped it very quickly. 

This is a great forum with some great fellow Bullseye shooters!
Thank you again Dave and to the Bullseye-L Intenet Forum!

-Ed

Ed L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum