Cheap Oops trigger shoes

Go down

Cheap Oops trigger shoes

Post by Froneck on 6/2/2017, 9:37 am

While making trigger shoes my machine makes a mistake. Like Hillery I blame something else lol! 
 OK so I was daydreaming while working. Anyway I have 2 shoes with slight errors. One is a shoe intended for a 3 holed trigger and has 4 set screws. The bottom most screw hole is .030" short might still grip the trigger or may be too close to the hole. It will work great on solid trigger or with 3 of the 4 screws holding it on the trigger with 3 holes. $25  Another is a shoe for solid trigger with 2 screws. Fitting it to a short trigger to removed a slight bit too much. The very tips of the threads in one hole extend out the edge of the shoe a very slight bit but will work fine. The outside edges of the Vee of the hole is always bigger than the screw. I have one on my gun and it has been working fine. $25
 Anyone interested in making their own shoe I have a few shoes with 4 set screw holes but with a broken tap in one of the 4 holes. The shoe is almost complete, the top and bottom is square not rounded they are parallel. Not much material to remove if you have a medium trigger, probably none needed if you have a long trigger. Inside radius as with all other shoes is 11/16" Outside radius .900" center grove width .250"  All needed to complete the shoe is a sharp file and very fine emery paper. I'll send it with 3 set screws the hex wrench and free shipping for $15

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap Oops trigger shoes

Post by SteveBrown on 6/2/2017, 9:44 am

I'll take the second one if it makes a difference - sounds like they both will work???
Thanks

SteveBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 6/2/2017, 10:22 am

Either will work on a solid trigger, the one with 3 of 4 holes will definitely work on a 3 holed trigger. I really don't need to put 4 set screws but it looks better that way.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 on 6/2/2017, 10:39 am

PM sent
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 6/2/2017, 1:53 pm

Solid trigger  shoe is sold (2 set screw) If interested message me I'll look I know I've done it before.  Still have the one for trigger with 3 holes, will fit solid trigger also.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 6/2/2017, 4:45 pm

Dang Frank, If I get another trigger shoe from you will I shoot like your son? The first ever perfect score in metallic at the Bianci cup this week. That's kinda neat. cheers
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke on 6/2/2017, 7:25 pm

If the one for 3 hole trigger is still available, I'll take it. Will send a PM in a moment.

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 6/2/2017, 10:07 pm

3 hole trigger shoe has been sold.
Yeah LenV, He did good!! Won the Metallic division and the overall winner in Mulit Gun Agg. and did it shooting iron sights. Plus Breaking the record by shooting the first perfect score with iron sights.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by onlylead on 6/9/2017, 10:23 am

I would like 2 of the shoes with broken taps if you have any left!
     Let me know.   Thanks

onlylead

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 6/9/2017, 10:59 am

No, none left, all were sold. I did make another post of Almost Complete shoes because there was interest in cheaper finish it yourself shoes. I throw away the 2 screw ones with broken tap because one screw is just not enough. Plus I don't break many taps, a good tap for Al. Bronze (very tough alloy) is expensive plus material and time lost is high too. You can get a shoe for solid trigger there for $20 each if you take the one in the middle photo.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum