Almost complete trigger shoes

Go down

Almost complete trigger shoes

Post by Froneck on 6/7/2017, 1:20 pm

I put up a few mistakes the other day, all were purchased. I don't make many mistakes but some are minor while others will make the shoe trash and not usable for anything.
 For those that want to complete the shoe and fit it perfectly to their gun I will offer almost complete shoes. The shoe is complete, everything done except the radius on the very ends. A good sharp file especially those in Swiss pattern will round the ends to what ever is needed. Quite a bit of the work for me is to round the ends and polish. I do use a corner rounding mill but it does not blend well with the outside radius. So I trim only a short portion and have to finish with a file. I'm so busy I don't have time to set them up on my CNC mill but will probably do it after Perry.
 If you want to finish the shoe yourself I'll send the shoe without the end radius cut, (will have some sharp edges on the ends) needed set screws and hex wrench for $25 for 2 set screw shoe (for solid trigger) $30 for 4 set screw shoe (for triggers with 3 holes) shipping included. I can post photos if desired. All you need is a sharp file and fine emery paper.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Re: Almost complete trigger shoes

Post by mpolans on 6/7/2017, 7:12 pm

I'm kind of interested in a 2 set screw shoe.  Will it fit on a short trigger?  Please post pics.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 6/7/2017, 8:31 pm

I can answer for Froneck. Kind of a waste of screws but these three triggers have 2 screw, a 3 screw and a 4 screw. I ordered them for specific triggers then found out I like short solid triggers. So all of the shoes work on short triggers.

LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans on 6/7/2017, 9:56 pm

Cool, thanks for clearing that up!  I'd still like to see a pic of the unfinished ones, as I'm still not 100% clear on what areas need filing.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 6/7/2017, 10:14 pm

I don't have any uncompleted shoes at home, tomorrow I will post a few photos. However looking at LenV's shoes the very top and bottom is the area that needs to be filed, the unfinished shoes bottom and top are straight back to meet the rear radius. Depending on the trigger length will determine how much the top and bottom will need to be rounded. Every thing else is completed.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 6/9/2017, 9:44 am

Here are the photos, they are not the best but the best I can do. It shows the progression. I make the ring then drill and tap the holes. All surfaces are smooth with no sharp edges. Then the ring is cut into 4 shoes. The cut shoe is then put in a fixture and sides milled equal distant from the screw holes on each side to the length of the 1911 trigger. What you are getting is the one on the right. The edges on the 2 sides are deburred but will be sharp in the as milled condition. it is the top and bottom that will need filing to fit your gun. Anyone wanting the middle type deduct $5 from the price. In addition to the unfinished shoe the needed set screws and the hex wrench is included. Shipping is included in the price. I could not find an as cut 4 set screw shoe so the center photo is of a 2 set screw shoe. If the shoe for the solid trigger is requested you will get one similar to the center but milled and in the same shape as the shoe on the right. The depth of the slot that fits on the trigger is .170", works fine on triggers that have the length protruding out of the frame measured at the center when pulled to the stop of 7/32" or more, can be filed to work with 3/16" but less will be a problem. If you have less let me know and Ill make a set with a shallow grove of about 1/8" deep. Can't be less than .100" because that is the screw diameter. As you can see in the photos the 2 set screw is easier to fit than the 4 set screw version. If you feel like LenV that the 4 are over kill I'll make a 2 set screw version for the trigger with 3 holes.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by onlylead on 6/10/2017, 8:35 pm

I'll take 2 of the 2 screw and 1 of the 4 screw. Let me know. 
       Thanks Thaland

onlylead

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 6/11/2017, 7:46 am

Check your messages Thaland, message sent

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down