Cataract Surgery Options for Shooters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cataract Surgery Options for Shooters

Post by BE Mike on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:58 am

I'm getting to the point where I'll need cataract surgery in the not too distant future. I'm struggling to figure out if the multi-focus lenses would be best for a shooter, like myself, or if I should go with a medium focus, etc. I realize that insurance probably won't cover some premium lenses like multi-focus, so I'm soliciting opinions on whether any of you that have had multi-focus lenses think it is worth the, out-of-the pocket, extra thousands of dollars per eye.

Last edited by BE Mike on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Re: Cataract Surgery Options for Shooters

Post by james r chapman on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:38 pm

my suggestion is not the multi focus.
for most things you will need far focus, shotguns, rifles, Dots.
it's much easier to get that pair of 1.00 readers, or a prescription pair for shooting irons or scoring targets.

Just MHO and I've had cataract surgery in 2005.
james r chapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Mike I have had cataract surgery in both eyes my right eye is for distance vision and my left is for reading.  My insurance would not cover the whole cost multi vision ones  leaving me to pay a lot I didn't have.  This works fine for me as I have to wear glasses to correct astigmatisms.  I have also had cornea transplants in both eyes which the left eye the last one done is going to have to be redone way to much fogging.  The right is crystal clear and was done first about three years ago.  I can shoot iron sights with the right eye the distance eye but reading glasses helps bring the front sight into focus better.  A EyePal for pistol stuck on a pair of flip up shooting glasses makes the sights and target perfect but I find they are a pain to use as they keep bumping into the spotting scope when flipped up.  Don
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum