Any shooters in Lexington, KY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any shooters in Lexington, KY

Post by SmokinNJokin on 7/9/2017, 5:33 pm

Gentlemen, 
 I think I posted this six or eight months ago, but I am about to move to Lexington Kentucky in a few weeks and I am looking for a Bullseye shooters in the area. I fully plan to drive down to match masters in Tennessee but it would be great if there were clubs or events closer to Lexington to participate in. If anyone knows Of a club or league in the area that does NRA Percision pistol I would greatly appreciate the info.
Thanks!

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Re: Any shooters in Lexington, KY

Post by LenV on 7/9/2017, 9:17 pm

There looks like there might be matches in Wilmore. Check out the sticky in announcements.

http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t445-map-to-us-ranges-that-hold-matches
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Train on 7/10/2017, 1:18 pm

Hi Andrew,

Me and GPTuners (another user on here sometimes) are near Lexington. The range in Wilmore hasn't run any bullseye matches in a couple years unless they started up again just in the last few months. GPTuners and I shoot mostly CMP Service Pistol but would be happy to practice with you if you'd want and have some fun matches. We mostly shoot in Frankfort, KY at an outdoor range so we can do 50-yard work. There are 2 really good indoor ranges in Lex: Bud's Gun Shop and Semper Fi Firearms. But both max out around 20-25 yards.

There is a club in Chandler, Indiana that holds 2700's regularly but it is over a 2 hour drive. We go there once a year for their EIC match. Cincinnati Revolver Club I believe does some NRA Bullseye still and would be the closest I know of.

Hit us up if you'd like to practice or just have a fun match between ourselves.

-Chris

C-Train

Back to top Go down

Post by gptuners on 7/10/2017, 2:17 pm

Hi Andrew! 

I second everything Chris said. Maybe with a few more bullseye shooters, we can actually revive the match in Wilmore.  Cool

Hit up Chris- he's much more active on here. After that, I'll just give you my number. I don't interweb much. Wink
gptuners

http://kentuckymarksman.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin on 7/10/2017, 4:29 pm

Great to hear guys,
I look forward to linking up with you. I too am focused on service pistol and shoot only irons and 4lb trigger, I really only do the nra stuff for practice. Hopefully I can convince some cadets at UK to shoot service pistol too.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by dennymac on 7/27/2017, 5:39 pm

We shoot at the Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club near Borden, IN. www.sirapc.com We have a match scheduled for this Saturday.
It is not too far from Lexington, but, it is across the toll bridge. Contact me for more information. Heck, I even have a spare bed. DennyMac

dennymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum