Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holosun scopes

5 posters

Go down

Holosun scopes Empty Holosun scopes

Post by John McCormick Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:23 pm

I've been reading in the archives about Holosun scopes and I'm thinking of getting one to go with my Nelson conversion. Does anyone have any extended experience with these scopes: durability, holding zero, etc? From what I can see, the 403 is the one BE shooters are using. Is this correct? Thx.

John McCormick

Back to top Go down

Holosun scopes Empty Re: Holosun scopes

Post by Magload Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:38 pm

I put one on my 9mm carbine and like it.  Have not used it enough to evaluate it.  The price was right and the carbine is not shot that often.  With this learning to shoot BE there is not time to shoot my other guns. Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by ric1911a1 Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:04 pm

I have several, and overall, I am happy with them.

I have 2 Holosun HS-403D models, one on my backup Nelson .22 and one on the slide of my backup .45. Shortly after I bought them, they quit making that version.  I haven't shot either gun very much. The company told me if they should have problems, they would replace them with a later version at no charge. The bases are suspect. I have had 2 break the base tightening screw. Holosun immediately sent me new ones at no charge.

I also have 2 Primary Arms red dots, which are made by Holosun. One, an MD-SP model, I bought by mistake off Ebay because it was labeled wrong. The other is an MD-ADS, and a current model.

I have the MD-ADS mounted on the slide of a 1911 .38 Special, with Totts shades and base. No problems in around 500 rounds of light wadcutters.

If I were going to buy more of them, I would buy the Primary Arms MD-ADS version, and send it to Fred Totts for his Kodiak base and press-on shades.

Right now, I would say they are fine on a .22, but have not used them on a 1911 slide long enough to recommend them for sure.

Good shooting.

Ric
ric1911a1
ric1911a1

Back to top Go down

Post by bob finger Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:04 am

I have 2, a 403b on a smith 41 and a 503c that is going on a smith 745.  I find the 403b to be better for my needs.  That said, I prefer the MatchDot II to either of them.  Would I buy another 403b?  Yes. These are far superior to the mini red dots such as Burris FFIII.  I have a few of those also but won't be adding any more any time soon.  bob

bob finger

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:15 am

we've used them on 22s , 38 supers and 45s

all 403s series...

all worked fine
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by John McCormick Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks for the info. I've got one on the way.

John McCormick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down