Whoo Hoo Hoo

Go down

Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Multiracer on 8/16/2017, 8:21 pm

I just received my first NRA points in the mail. I feel I should go pee in the tall cotton.

Multiracer

Posts : 588
Join date : 2017-03-15
Location : North Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Wobbley on 8/16/2017, 9:48 pm

They grow cotton in Ohio?
avatar
Wobbley

Posts : 1697
Join date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Mike38 on 8/17/2017, 5:24 pm

What are "NRA points"?
avatar
Mike38

Posts : 280
Join date : 2016-09-15
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Multiracer on 8/17/2017, 5:31 pm

NRA points are given as prizes for competing in lieu of cash.

Multiracer

Posts : 588
Join date : 2017-03-15
Location : North Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by SteveT on 8/17/2017, 6:04 pm

Most of the target suppliers accept them (1 point = $1). Some match directors accept them for entry fees. No one else does. It's a way for the NRA to pay out awards knowing that a lot of them will never be redeemed.

Still, several years ago I got a Rock River AR-15 for service rifle for less than $400 because RRA matched a good sale price at Armalite and I had over 200 NRA points saved up. Unfortunately it is an A2 upper and a year or two later they allowed A4's in competition and now they allow scopes. Sheesh. What is the world coming to. (I know what it sounds like. I am training to be a grumpy old man).

BTW if you haven't heard NRA Points Never Expire! Don't throw those old points away! Send them to me! They have expiration dates, probably so the NRA can write them off if they are not redeemed in a few years, but they will reimburse the vendors for them even if they are expired.
avatar
SteveT

Posts : 330
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Illinois

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Chris Miceli on 8/17/2017, 6:11 pm

SteveT wrote:Most of the target suppliers accept them (1 point = $1). Some match directors accept them for entry fees. No one else does. It's a way for the NRA to pay out awards knowing that a lot of them will never be redeemed.

Still, several years ago I got a Rock River AR-15 for service rifle for less than $400 because RRA matched a good sale price at Armalite and I had over 200 NRA points saved up. Unfortunately it is an A2 upper and a year or two later they allowed A4's in competition and now they allow scopes. Sheesh. What is the world coming to. (I know what it sounds like. I am training to be a grumpy old man).

BTW if you haven't heard NRA Points Never Expire! Don't throw those old points away! Send them to me! They have expiration dates, probably so the NRA can write them off if they are not redeemed in a few years, but they will reimburse the vendors for them even if they are expired.
Dang, ruined my plan to buy expired NRA points for 10cent on the dollar
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2675
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Multiracer on 8/17/2017, 6:29 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil    Miceli

Multiracer

Posts : 588
Join date : 2017-03-15
Location : North Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by TargetShooter27 on 8/17/2017, 8:24 pm

A CP vendor told me the NRA is talking about charging them a % to redeem NRA points at the national matches next year.

TargetShooter27

Posts : 17
Join date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Tim:H11 on 8/17/2017, 8:35 pm

So how does one earn NRA points? Are they only awarded during the nationals? Could you earn them at regionals or state championship matches?
avatar
Tim:H11

Posts : 1555
Join date : 2015-11-04
Age : 30
Location : Columba, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by SteveT on 8/18/2017, 3:29 pm

They are awarded at Nationals. I've never seen them anywhere else.
avatar
SteveT

Posts : 330
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Illinois

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by CR10X on 8/18/2017, 3:35 pm

They can be awarded at any Approved or Registered match depending on if the match wants to use them or not.  I used to use points before NRA converted to new format for our matches.  Better than sending cash in the mail when mailing out the bulletins and awards. Then it got to be just another thing to keep track of and keep on hand.  


Just got some from Canton....well a few.  

CR

CR10X

Posts : 804
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : NC

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by jmdavis on 8/18/2017, 3:47 pm

Nationals, some regionals and sectionals are where I have been awarded NRA Points. I would generally use them to pay entry fees. Running matches with heavy count of Masters and High Masters I am often paid in points for entry fees. I turn around and use them to pay the NRA fees for the match. 


Mike
avatar
jmdavis

Posts : 1290
Join date : 2012-03-23
Location : Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Chris Miceli on 8/18/2017, 4:28 pm

jmdavis wrote:Nationals, some regionals and sectionals are where I have been awarded NRA Points. I would generally use them to pay entry fees. Running matches with heavy count of Masters and High Masters I am often paid in points for entry fees. I turn around and use them to pay the NRA fees for the match. 


Mike
Nra give you any crap on turning them in or expirations mike ?
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2675
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by jmdavis on 8/18/2017, 6:06 pm

No problem at all. 97% of the April match fees to the NRA were in the form of Points. The problem is putting 110 NRA points in an envelope. Most of them were 5's, 2's and 1's. I did see my first 20 point certificate last month.


Last edited by jmdavis on 8/18/2017, 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
jmdavis

Posts : 1290
Join date : 2012-03-23
Location : Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by zanemoseley on 8/18/2017, 6:19 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:So how does one earn NRA points? Are they only awarded during the nationals? Could you earn them at regionals or state championship matches?

I got a couple NRA points at Columbia. Its almost like I won so little Jim sent me points instead of cash. They're still floating around my car.

zanemoseley

Posts : 963
Join date : 2015-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Toz35m on 8/18/2017, 7:59 pm

They always have them to give out for indoor sectionals
avatar
Toz35m

Posts : 193
Join date : 2012-10-17
Location : PDX

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum