Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whoo Hoo Hoo

+7
Tim:H11
TargetShooter27
Chris Miceli
SteveT
Mike38
Wobbley
Multiracer
11 posters

Go down

Whoo Hoo Hoo Empty Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Multiracer 8/16/2017, 8:21 pm

I just received my first NRA points in the mail. I feel I should go pee in the tall cotton.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Whoo Hoo Hoo Empty Re: Whoo Hoo Hoo

Post by Wobbley 8/16/2017, 9:48 pm

They grow cotton in Ohio?
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 8/17/2017, 5:24 pm

What are "NRA points"?
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 8/17/2017, 5:31 pm

NRA points are given as prizes for competing in lieu of cash.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 8/17/2017, 6:04 pm

Most of the target suppliers accept them (1 point = $1). Some match directors accept them for entry fees. No one else does. It's a way for the NRA to pay out awards knowing that a lot of them will never be redeemed.

Still, several years ago I got a Rock River AR-15 for service rifle for less than $400 because RRA matched a good sale price at Armalite and I had over 200 NRA points saved up. Unfortunately it is an A2 upper and a year or two later they allowed A4's in competition and now they allow scopes. Sheesh. What is the world coming to. (I know what it sounds like. I am training to be a grumpy old man).

BTW if you haven't heard NRA Points Never Expire! Don't throw those old points away! Send them to me! They have expiration dates, probably so the NRA can write them off if they are not redeemed in a few years, but they will reimburse the vendors for them even if they are expired.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 8/17/2017, 6:11 pm

SteveT wrote:Most of the target suppliers accept them (1 point = $1). Some match directors accept them for entry fees. No one else does. It's a way for the NRA to pay out awards knowing that a lot of them will never be redeemed.

Still, several years ago I got a Rock River AR-15 for service rifle for less than $400 because RRA matched a good sale price at Armalite and I had over 200 NRA points saved up. Unfortunately it is an A2 upper and a year or two later they allowed A4's in competition and now they allow scopes. Sheesh. What is the world coming to. (I know what it sounds like. I am training to be a grumpy old man).

BTW if you haven't heard NRA Points Never Expire! Don't throw those old points away! Send them to me! They have expiration dates, probably so the NRA can write them off if they are not redeemed in a few years, but they will reimburse the vendors for them even if they are expired.
Dang, ruined my plan to buy expired NRA points for 10cent on the dollar

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 8/17/2017, 6:29 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil    Miceli

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by TargetShooter27 8/17/2017, 8:24 pm

A CP vendor told me the NRA is talking about charging them a % to redeem NRA points at the national matches next year.

TargetShooter27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 8/17/2017, 8:35 pm

So how does one earn NRA points? Are they only awarded during the nationals? Could you earn them at regionals or state championship matches?

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 8/18/2017, 3:29 pm

They are awarded at Nationals. I've never seen them anywhere else.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 8/18/2017, 3:35 pm

They can be awarded at any Approved or Registered match depending on if the match wants to use them or not.  I used to use points before NRA converted to new format for our matches.  Better than sending cash in the mail when mailing out the bulletins and awards. Then it got to be just another thing to keep track of and keep on hand.  

Just got some from Canton....well a few.  

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 8/18/2017, 3:47 pm

Nationals, some regionals and sectionals are where I have been awarded NRA Points. I would generally use them to pay entry fees. Running matches with heavy count of Masters and High Masters I am often paid in points for entry fees. I turn around and use them to pay the NRA fees for the match. 

Mike
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 8/18/2017, 4:28 pm

jmdavis wrote:Nationals, some regionals and sectionals are where I have been awarded NRA Points. I would generally use them to pay entry fees. Running matches with heavy count of Masters and High Masters I am often paid in points for entry fees. I turn around and use them to pay the NRA fees for the match. 

Mike
Nra give you any crap on turning them in or expirations mike ?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 8/18/2017, 6:06 pm

No problem at all. 97% of the April match fees to the NRA were in the form of Points. The problem is putting 110 NRA points in an envelope. Most of them were 5's, 2's and 1's. I did see my first 20 point certificate last month.

Last edited by jmdavis on 8/18/2017, 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 8/18/2017, 6:19 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:So how does one earn NRA points? Are they only awarded during the nationals? Could you earn them at regionals or state championship matches?

I got a couple NRA points at Columbia. Its almost like I won so little Jim sent me points instead of cash. They're still floating around my car.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m 8/18/2017, 7:59 pm

They always have them to give out for indoor sectionals
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down