Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distance From Center Of Bullseye To The Ground

+10
JD Mahan
Wobbley
mikemyers
Boris_La
Blsi2600
jwax
brassmaster
BE Mike
LenV
Hardballer
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Distance From Center Of Bullseye To The Ground - Page 2 Empty Distance From Center Of Bullseye To The Ground

Post by Hardballer 8/16/2017, 11:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've been looking through the NRA Rulebook and Section 4 seems to have all the info you could need except the distance from the center of the bull to the ground.  I hope that I have not overlooked it.  Will someone please tell me the correct measurement?

Last edited by Hardballer on 8/17/2017, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : used all caps by mistake)
Hardballer
Hardballer

Back to top Go down

Distance From Center Of Bullseye To The Ground - Page 2 Empty Re: Distance From Center Of Bullseye To The Ground

Post by Magload 11/1/2017, 7:05 pm

I printed all my practice targets till I started shooting BE.  Too much black ink.  Even buying re inked cartridges still not worth it.   I shoot 50 rounds per target and cover the holes each time.  I am not scoring so covering the lines doesn't matter. Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Distance From Center Of Bullseye To The Ground - Page 2 Empty Re: Distance From Center Of Bullseye To The Ground

Post by mikemyers 11/1/2017, 10:37 pm

I took the B-8 target from the link I posted, and used Photoshop to put two bulls on one sheet of standard paper, and added places for notes.  This is before you guys convinced me to shoot 6-o'clock hold, so I'll need to make some changes to make room under the bulls for white space.

On a standard backing board at my club, I can put up four targets on the board, which becomes eight bulls doing it this way.  I only fire ten rounds at each (used to be more).  This target is from mid August this year.  

If anyone wants a blank copy, I can send the 'jpg' image file.  I know it's on my home computer, and I think I have a copy with me on my laptop.

(This photo also illustrates my small dilemma - what to do if I want to shoot bulls smaller than a B-8.  With center hold, it didn't matter.  Since I'm mostly concerned about shooting official targets, I'll figure that out if/when I need to.)

(If anyone is curious, the one inch grid with white lines is to make it easier to calculate the CEP which is what I did before deciding to score my targets the official way.  CEP gives a very precise number of how well I shot, regardless of what I'm shooting at or when.  It tells that a certain distance, some percentage of my shots will be within a calculated diameter.  It also tells me exactly where the center of my group is.  For these targets, it could have told me that at 25 yards distance, 90% of my shots were within an xx.x inch grouping.  Doing this over time, for enough shots, gives a nice idea of improvement, or the lack of.)

Distance From Center Of Bullseye To The Ground - Page 2 Shooti10
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 11/1/2017, 11:18 pm

No picky?
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 11/1/2017, 11:24 pm

Wobbley wrote:No picky?
I don't understand??
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 11/2/2017, 9:40 am

When I first opened the thread, your picture didn’t show.  Must be the crappy iOS I’m running.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 11/2/2017, 11:58 am

Time to update to the latest iOS ?   More seriously, maybe it's because I added that image as an embedded image, hosted by this website.  Images that are linked to other websites might show up more quickly.  Most likely a network problem, not your phone.

I try to keep the operating system as up to date as I can, as they are constantly trying to make their phones safer, and tp fix "bugs".  I wish I could update my shooting ability as easily as I update my phone.   :-/
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2