Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sectional results...

+13
TonyH
valbern67
Ed Hall
Slartybartfast
mtlucas0311
SachStormare
Mkreimer
sixftunda
Dave Lange
rreid
Danehogle
TargetShooter27
john bickar
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sectional results... Empty Sectional results...

Post by john bickar 8/17/2017, 10:46 pm

...seem to get later every year, don't they?
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Sectional results... Empty Re: Sectional results...

Post by TargetShooter27 8/17/2017, 11:20 pm

An NRA official recently told me (via email) that they are still awaiting results from six sectional matches.  It is ridiculous we have to wait 6-9 months for these results.  I hope my match director isn't one of the six.

TargetShooter27

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle 8/18/2017, 9:38 pm

Talked to Beth today. Should be up next week. 
Tell then, what was the best team score from the match you all were at his year?
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 8/19/2017, 12:39 pm

Bullseyegear.com, last year's champions, had 1164-31x.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Lange 8/21/2017, 10:39 pm

1162-35 for Zero/Lapua. Good shooting BullseyeGear

Dave Lange

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 8/23/2017, 7:23 pm

Thanks, Dave. I thought I saw where Morman posted on Facebook that they had 1167.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Lange 8/23/2017, 8:26 pm

Good times! It makes it more fun when the scores are close. I haven't heard any scores from the Phoenix crew and I don't think the AMU shot the sectional this year.

Dave Lange

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda 8/24/2017, 6:28 am

I have been waiting and waiting......

Its been so long ago now but yes, I'm 99% sure we had a 1167.  I do remember that we had a HM average.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by TargetShooter27 8/27/2017, 9:29 am

Danehogle wrote:Talked to Beth today. Should be up next week. 

Or not...

TargetShooter27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mkreimer 8/27/2017, 8:56 pm

Don't hold your breath waiting!

Mkreimer

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle 8/29/2017, 10:13 pm

I understand that Beth is the only one left in the pistol  division , but damn.
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 9/8/2017, 7:24 pm

September 8th it is, now...
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by SachStormare 9/11/2017, 5:15 am

TargetShooter27 wrote:An NRA official recently told me (via email) that they are still awaiting results from six sectional matches.  It is ridiculous we have to wait 6-9 months for these results.  I hope my match director isn't one of the six.

Man, that's such a long time. Shocked

SachStormare

Back to top Go down

Post by TargetShooter27 9/17/2017, 1:52 pm

NRA website wrote:"The NRA National Indoor Rifle & Pistol Championships are compiled from separate Sectional Tournaments fired throughout the country from Jan. 1 through March 18 for Open Sectionals"
It's now been six months since all Sectional Matches were completed...and still no results.

TargetShooter27

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 9/19/2017, 9:16 pm

Must be too busy with the "World" Shooting Championships to trifle with us peons.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by mtlucas0311 9/25/2017, 10:32 pm

...I wonder how many letters they've sent out begging for money in the time they've been unable to post the results for matches which at most hosted a couple hundred guys. The CMP is currently around 4 weeks till their results are posted.

mtlucas0311

Back to top Go down

Post by TargetShooter27 9/26/2017, 1:07 am

mtlucas0311 wrote:...I wonder how many letters they've sent out begging for money in the time they've been unable to post the results for matches which at most hosted a couple hundred guys. The CMP is currently around 4 weeks till their results are posted.

The 2016 Sectionals had more than 1100 shooters.  Even with that, I believe this is a management issue, not one of being overwhelmed with data.  Sectionals is billed as the NRA's indoor Championship but is treated more like an inconsequential postal match.  If local match directors are the problem, as Beth implied, she needs to determine how best to manage those bad actors instead of making everyone else wait months.  It's been nearly 8-months since I shot in the 2017 Sectionals, pretty soon I'll be receiving notice for the 2018 Sectionals.  This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

TargetShooter27

Back to top Go down

Post by mtlucas0311 9/26/2017, 10:31 pm

My intent was to imply that their priorities seem to lie elsewhere. Since the guys who organize and run the NRA sanctioned matches are likely the same ones who also handle the CMP matches, and the CMP results are up in around a month, blaming the "bad actors" seems like an excuse to me. But it's all really just conjecture on my part.

mtlucas0311

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 9/26/2017, 11:17 pm

mtlucas0311 wrote:My intent was to imply that their priorities seem to lie elsewhere. Since the guys who organize and run the NRA sanctioned matches are likely the same ones who also handle the CMP matches, and the CMP results are up in around a month, blaming the "bad actors" seems like an excuse to me. But it's all really just conjecture on my part.

Around here the folks and clubs that run the Sectionals (indoor 50') are different than the ones who run the CMP matches (outdoor 50 and 25 yards). Most clubs do not have the facilities to host both. Even when I was living in Canton and that was my home club in the '90s, and we had a 50' indoor range and a full 50-yard outdoor range, I do not recall our holding Sectionals there; I seem to remember we always had to travel afield to shoot Sectionals.

That said, I agree 100% that the CMP gets results posted decades faster than the NRA, and it's not likely due to the Match Directors. I had to email the NRA continually for over a year to get my entry into the 2650 Club recognized.

From http://www.competitions.nra.org/championship-results/nra-national-indoor-rifle-pistol-championships-results.aspx:

"The NRA National Indoor Rifle & Pistol Championships are compiled from separate Sectional Tournaments fired throughout the country from Jan. 1 through March 18 for Open Sectionals, Jan. 1 through Feb. 12 for Collegiate Sectionals, and Jan. 1 through Apr. 15 for Junior Sectionals. Results of these championships will be available in May or June."

Note that it does not say of which year.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 9/27/2017, 11:59 am

Why of why, in this day and age, aren't results available as soon as they're entered on-line?

After a short grace period, all results could be live with "provisional" indicated and access to a list of missing results.

Investigating the state of affairs with the "big guys" for the thread on PistolCompetition.com , and now there's shootingbuzz.com, I was gobsmacked to see that the NRA match schedule was a PDF/published affair and not an online database that can be filtered and searched.

The big guys need to use the talent of the competition enthusiasts that have web experience and good ideas to drag their communications into the current century.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 10/25/2017, 6:18 pm

Sectional results have been updated with a lot more CALIFORNIA than when they were first released.

http://www.competitions.nra.org/championship-results/nra-national-indoor-rifle-pistol-championships-results.aspx
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by TargetShooter27 10/25/2017, 8:28 pm

john bickar wrote:Sectional results have been updated with a lot more CALIFORNIA than when they were first released.

You guys know this wasn't an election, right Smile

TargetShooter27

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 10/25/2017, 9:17 pm

john bickar wrote:Sectional results have been updated with a lot more CALIFORNIA than when they were first released.

http://www.competitions.nra.org/championship-results/nra-national-indoor-rifle-pistol-championships-results.aspx
At least it didn't take them 5 more months to update results after the challenge period.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 10/25/2017, 9:34 pm

TargetShooter27 wrote:

You guys know this wasn't an election, right Smile

Yes: unlike elections in California, my participation in the Sectionals actually counts.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 10/25/2017, 9:39 pm

I have to credit Beth Martin at the NRA: my match director's results (literally) got lost in the mail, and she was able to reconcile things and get our scores included. As he said, "What a GREAT LADY!!!"

We didn't set the world on fire but it's nice to be a part.

Edit: Also, I apparently hold a classification in NRA Standard Pistol that does not exist. That made it easy to take first in my class. Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next