Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini 22LR Rapid Fire Model

+4
Wobbley
PardiniAlex
Froneck
Jon Math
8 posters

Go down

Pardini 22LR Rapid Fire Model Empty Pardini 22LR Rapid Fire Model

Post by Jon Math Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:20 am

I have a line on a used Pardini .22 pistol except it is the rapid fire model.   Is anyone familiar with any issues I may run into using that model for Bullseye shooting? 
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Pardini 22LR Rapid Fire Model Empty Re: Pardini 22LR Rapid Fire Model

Post by Froneck Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:02 am

I'm assuming you mean the type that used .22 short ammo. These became  a low cost item when the International rules changed to long rifle only. Therefor they can't be used in Bullseye neither because NRA requires Long Rifle Ammo too.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:21 am

No it's a 22 LR shooter.  From what I gather the modern ISSF rule rapid fire Pardini pistols have a lighter bolt, and a different barrel from their sport pistols.

In particular I'm wondering if they are grooved for scope rings, being ISSF they might not, and I'm concerned that running a rapid fire pistol slow will be an alibi fest with jams.  Or any other disasters in the making I might be inviting if I buy this pistol Very Happy
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by PardiniAlex Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:28 am

Jon,
The only sort of issues you would run into is that of accuracy. For two reasons:
-The Rapid fire barrel is tapered in order to reduce the velocity of the round to reduce recoil when firing rapid fire, this will slightly reduce the accuracy.
-The bolt is alot lighter and moves alot faster. As such the recoil will be fairly low, but the accuracy will be reduced slightly.

Now I am not talking that it would reduce accuracy quite a bit, more in the area of half an inch or so at the long line depending on the ammo that you use. 

If you shoot 25 yards for your league most of the time it will be ideal. Just keep these things in mind.

There would be no jams on slow fire, aafter all the gun is designed to shoot at 5 targets in 4 seconds, and very rarely does it jam then Smile

Alex C
Pardini USA

PardiniAlex

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:37 am

Since the accuracy requirements for ISU 25M rapid fire are higher than for NRA Precision Pistol, the accuracy should be sufficient.  Need to test it at 50 yards tho. 

Reliability should be superb.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:18 pm

PardiniAlex wrote:Jon,
The only sort of issues you would run into is that of accuracy. For two reasons:
-The Rapid fire barrel is tapered in order to reduce the velocity of the round to reduce recoil when firing rapid fire, this will slightly reduce the accuracy.
-The bolt is alot lighter and moves alot faster. As such the recoil will be fairly low, but the accuracy will be reduced slightly.

Now I am not talking that it would reduce accuracy quite a bit, more in the area of half an inch or so at the long line depending on the ammo that you use. 

If you shoot 25 yards for your league most of the time it will be ideal. Just keep these things in mind.

There would be no jams on slow fire, aafter all the gun is designed to shoot at 5 targets in 4 seconds, and very rarely does it jam then Smile

Alex C
Pardini USA

Thank you!!

It is possible to buy the SP pistol barrel and bolt and put them in the RF frame, or are there other differences?
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 pm

I could be wrong but I don't believe it will be compatible with .32 conversions.   That may not be an issue but just don't assume...
Glen
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 am

carykiteboarder wrote:I could be wrong but I don't believe it will be compatible with .32 conversions.   That may not be an issue but just don't assume...
Glen

Thanks!  I just want to change it from a rapid fire to a sport pistol if that is something that can be done.  I do not expect to shoot center fire with a Pardini.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by 243winxb Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:50 am

Reply for factory guy?   http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=30608     live link?   Post #8.  

This can't be good for accuracy?
243winxb
243winxb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:11 am

243winxb wrote:Reply for factory guy?   http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=30608     live link?   Post #8.  

This can't be good for accuracy?

I thought he was describing a choked barrel in the post in this thread, but based on the thread you linked , I’m not sure that is the case. 

I can buy a new sport pistol for a hundred bucks more that what the used rapid fire pistol would cost me, in light of the barrel differences and extra weight issues, I’m moving in that direction.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:50 am

On two different occasions when I was considering used Pardini's (Std Fire, Electronic, and ability to convert to 32) I called Vladimir at Pardini USA.  Very helpful and informative. Wouldn't consider buying used without talking with him. Personally, If there is only a hundred or two $ difference between used and new there would need to be another compelling reason to buy used (e.g. availability, accessories, etc).

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:55 am

For $100, I would buy what I wanted. But there have been alot of good scores shot with older Pardini's.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:28 pm

I agree the price for this used Rapid fire is very good, but from what I have read here it’s not the pistol for me.  I’d grab a used Pardini Sport pistol without any reservations, but they are not that common around my local.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by PardiniAlex Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Yes you can buy just the conversion assembly and mount it onto your SPRF frame and you will have no issues at all. 

As stated before, the accuracy of the SPRF is less than that of the SPNew and BE but it will still perform and function as it is needed.

In addition, depending on how old your frame is, it may also be compatible with the new 32ACP conversions. Message me if you have any questions. I would be happy to give you a call and explain the best options.

Alex C
Pardini USA

PardiniAlex

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:18 pm

Thank you!
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content