Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is this site not popular ?

+12
Keithcrc
Slartybartfast
Gary Wells
Wobbley
SachStormare
rreid
Rob Kovach
Chris Miceli
Skid
james r chapman
Ghillieman
Multiracer
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why is this site not popular ? - Page 2 Empty Why is this site not popular ?

Post by Multiracer 8/28/2017, 8:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Why is this site not popular ? - Page 2 Cropped-Pistolmatcheslogo2

I just looked at Ohio, Michigan, Indiana. Three matches listed ? One in Ohio, none in Michigan and a couple in Indiana.
Its no wonder this hobby/ sport does not grow.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Why is this site not popular ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this site not popular ?

Post by Cheapshot 1/15/2018, 1:38 pm

I concur with the assessment that currently the action type shooting sports are very popular and we old BE shooters are not the norm. As with all things I believe it is cyclic and with proper exposure there are still many folks that would become infatuated with BE given the chance.

Cheapshot

Back to top Go down

Why is this site not popular ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this site not popular ?

Post by Slartybartfast 1/19/2018, 10:55 am

Anyone try to add precision matches to Practiscore?

Started a thread here:
https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t8969-practiscore-website
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 1/19/2018, 6:01 pm

So I'm a newer shooter, 36 years old, and obviously a little late to the game! Didn't grow up with guns. Not really interested in hunting, but I really enjoy target shooting, specifically bullseye. I work in coffee, so by default I'm surrounded by a lot of younger people who value experience and lifestyle above money and success. Honestly, a LOT of them appreciate and embrace the idea of self betterment. Given that for me at least, bullseye is really about mental discipline and development, I feel there is a huge market of people who would love this sport. Case in point is that I see a ton of younger, "hipster" types shooting at my local range, which is in a bit more of an urban area.

Anyway, I agree that the sport could be due for a cyclic rebound. I feel like the potential is there. I do wish there was a more comprehensive listing of matches. I mean, there's 3 indoor leagues in Columbus right now, none listed on the site. What can we all do?

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 2/19/2018, 11:18 am

Would this corrupt the sport of handgun bullseye?   Create a class of matches similar to long distance 600-1000 yds.) rifle matches.  Benchrest using semi-autos and revolvers only, loading from magazine or cylinders only.  The barrel length would be restricted to a predetermined maximum, say 6 inches.  Only straight-walled or tapered cases allowed.  Magnums and wildcat cartridges would be in a different class than non-magnums.  Range yardage at least 100 yds. and 150 yds for magnums, or some such.  Rests to contact the frame or barrel underbelly at the bottom of the radius only.

I'm sure it's full of holes, pun intended, but does anybody think something similar could generate enough interest to eventually become an NRA sanctioned event?   Not to mention more competition among ammo manufacturers for the most stable load.   FWIW.  Be gentle.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 2/19/2018, 2:13 pm

Bigtrout wrote:Would this corrupt the sport of handgun bullseye?
If we can't have better communication and visibility with the disciplines we have, I don't see a new discipline being successful.
Particularly one focused on some minutia of the sport.

The biggest problem IMO, is sectionals are now being announced with dates only a month away. Hats off to the organisers for doing their best, but an event that hopes to draw participation from more than simply the club it's being held at have to have announcements and news set many months if not a year ahead of time.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 2/19/2018, 7:33 pm

Yea...what slarty just said.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2