Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two ways to post photos in this forum.

+14
Amati
farmboy
SMBeyer
SachStormare
chopper
Aprilian
Chris Miceli
scrum derringer
rreid
Magload
LenV
Rob Kovach
fc60
mikemyers
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 Empty Two ways to post photos in this forum.

Post by mikemyers Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is one way I have been posting photos in this Bullseye forum.

If you're entering your text, there is a row of thingies up above the white box where you are typing.  Two of them are useful for posting a photo.  If you hover your mouse over each of them, one at a time, the icon at the left will bring up a notification "Host an image", followed by one that says "insert image", which is for an image you already have posted online somewhere.  Anyone posting a message to the forum should be able to see this.  There are also icons for LINK, YOUTUBE, VIDEO, and FLASH.  For now, let's stick with only the first one shown at the left below:

Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 Screen13
For this technique to work, you need to have an image on your computer that you want to upload.  The image can't be too big, or the system won't let you upload it.  I usually re-size my images so they're no more than 800 pixels wide.  Small images work fine. Make sure you know the file name of the image, and where it is on your computer.

As I am now typing this response, I am going to click on that "host an image" icon, and this is what shows up for me:

Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 Screen15

What I've been doing is to click on the green box SELECT FILES, which brings up a list of lots of stuff on my computer, then I go to where the image is, and double click on it.  Then I click SEND ALL and when that is finished, INSERT ALL which will copy the image to wherever your cursor happened to be on the computer screen.

If it's not where you want it, you can use "COPY" and "PASTE" to move it around, just as you would do with text.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two ways to post photos in this forum.

Post by mikemyers Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 pm

The text in my previous response was typed into an Excel Spreadsheet.  I then selected those cells, and did a control-c  (copy).

Then I clicked the icon above the text entry area, that says "code".  It's just the right of the "quote" icon.   

A small box will appear - place the cursor within that box, and do control-v  (paste).

(The "code" icon I'm referring to is the blue icon shown below above the smiley face and calendar icons.  Hover the mouse over it, and it will say CODE.)

Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 Screen26
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 Empty Re: Two ways to post photos in this forum.

Post by dronning Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:15 pm

Mike it didn't work for a small 6x15 (90 cell) spreadsheet with several formulas in it.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:18 am

Aha!  If you're working with formulas, and you want people to see only the values, this should help.  I'll try it when I get home.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/paste-values-not-formulas-12687b4d-c79f-4137-b0cc-947c229c55b9
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:27 am

mikemyers wrote:Aha!  If you're working with formulas, and you want people to see only the values, this should help.  I'll try it when I get home.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/paste-values-not-formulas-12687b4d-c79f-4137-b0cc-947c229c55b9

No I think the point was to be able to post a spreadsheet WITH the formulas without having to attach it. 

There are several ways to convert a spreadsheet to values only, plus you could always do a screenshot and post that.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:53 am

I found this thread, that might be what you need, but it's for vBulletin: 
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46516

and here is the thread it points to:
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=250780

I think I knew how to do this many years ago, but that was on vBulletin.  Maybe someone who is listed for forum support can ask the question at the phpBB support area.

I'll keep looking......   maybe something can be turned on, to allow this site to attach files.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Aha!

I believe the answer can be found here:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.1/ug/adminguide/attach_settings/

If we configure the forum so MEMBERS can attach files, that will accomplish what you are after, and more!!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi guys, I don’t always read every post, but saw this thread was active lately and checked in.  If you need tech help and I have not shown up, just send me a message and I’ll drop in to help.

You can already attach about 30 different files types to your posts, including a .xls spreadsheet.

The key detail missing in the previous comments is that you can not attach those files directly using the “Quick Reply” form at the bottom of the page.

You can attach those other file types by using the “Post Reply” button at the bottom left or the “Preview” button in the Quick Reply section.

This will take you to the regular reply page, where you will have access to more posting features. If you scroll down below “Preview” “Draft” “Send” buttons you will see the full attachment section.

Simply “Choose File” and find the file on your computer, then click “Submit”.  The page will refresh and when you scroll back down to the bottom, you will see your attachment listed.  You can “Delete” it and comment it as well.

You can add three attachments per post, but you can just make new posts in the same thread with additional attachments if you need more.

You won’t be able to preview your attachment until after you have submitted the full post, but you can edit the post and attachments as needed to make corrections, such as changing pics or adding a new or updated file, etc.

On this version of forum software, you can’t use this attachment method to insert something into the middle of a post.  It stays stuck to the bottom.  Use the other Toolbar insertion tools for that feature.
Attachments
Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 Attachment
0BAE151A-AA47-406F-9598-A03D06E5A86D.jpeg The Ninja Mouse is a deadly threat. Check your shoes in the morning.You don't have permission to download attachments.(64 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Will, that worked.  Thanks.  Mike, thanks also for the ideas.

You will also get the options to add an attachment if you create a new topic.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Great!!!   One of us can write this up as a new thread, titled "how to post attachments" to a thread in the forum, and it could be made into a "sticky" so it's easy to find.  If neither of you has time to do so by the middle of this coming week, I can do it.

Good to know that it already works here!!    :-)
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:15 pm

Ok, how do I do it from an iPad? Thanks

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:52 pm

*This looks hard, but is quite easy the second or third time you do it. It works almost exactly like uploading from a desktop, just with taps instead of mouse.*

Write your reply post as usual.

Place your cursor where you want the photo inserted.

See the monitor/floppy disk icon on the toolbar on the right?  Tap it and a window will open.

See Select files? Tap it.

Your iPad will drop down a menu with “Take photo”, “Photo Library”, or “Browse”?  Tap the one you want.

Take a pic or find the photo you want to upload and select it.

See Send All?  Tap it and wait for it/them to upload.

See Insert All?  Tap it and the HTML code will appear in your message.

Tap the monitor/floppy icon again to close the window.

Type more if you need to.

Use the Preview button to make sure it looks alright.

You did it!

Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 826b1a10
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Model 52 trigger booster TestTwo ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 Img_0511
Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 Img_0510

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Bruce, can you please explain to me what I'm seeing, and how it works?

As a "test", what were the results?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by bob7398 Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Test.
Two ways to post photos in this forum. - Page 2 7ece0c10

bob7398

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2