Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Go down

Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by Jack H on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:56 am

My point here is that both guns are capable of all good tens at 50, but maybe the shooter is not always.

A while back, 208s Hammerli with a dot - the 9 was called, I think it was about the seventh shot






Ruger MkII with irons, long heavy taper target barrel, trigger job too.  Two shots were called, one of them was yelled, Aaarrrgh!.  Neither were last shots. 










avatar
Jack H

Posts : 1569
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by Jon Eulette on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:12 am

Jack,
I started out with Ruger MKII for BE. Was regularly shooting 880's with it after I made Master (less than 1 year). Personal best was 889 with it. Switched to the 208 and broke into the 890's. Personal best was 895. It's more about pulling the trigger than the pistol being shot. Those are nice targets!
Jon
avatar
Jon Eulette

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by Jack H on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:24 am

Jon, was it the gun or the continued experience that gave the increase?
avatar
Jack H

Posts : 1569
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by Jon Eulette on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Experience. My Ruger had excellent trigger and shot sub inch 50 yd groups. I just had opportunity to get like new 208 and took advantage of the opportunity. I have many .22's now and shoot same scores with all of them. I've always believed in shooter not the gun. 
Jon
avatar
Jon Eulette

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by Chris Miceli on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:Experience. My Ruger had excellent trigger and shot sub inch 50 yd groups. I just had opportunity to get like new 208 and took advantage of the opportunity. I have many .22's now and shoot same scores with all of them. I've always believed in shooter not the gun. 
Jon
but you have the most of which model =]
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2543
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by Jon Eulette on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:48 pm

I plead the 5th.....208s ;l)
Jon
avatar
Jon Eulette

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by jglenn21 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Laughing
avatar
jglenn21

Posts : 1406
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 70
Location : monroe , ga

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by Aprilian on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:I've always believed in shooter not the gun. 
Jon
That gets my vote for pistolsmith quote of the year!  Razz
avatar
Aprilian

Posts : 544
Join date : 2016-05-13
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by willnewton on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:51 pm

I used to swear at my Ruger, but once I got the Hammerli, there was only myself to blame.

Instead you should ask who would give up their Hammerli for a Ruger. 

Only then you will find the truth.  Smile
avatar
willnewton
Admin

Posts : 505
Join date : 2016-07-24
Location : Eastern NC

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by LSM 124 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:03 pm

I am considering buying a 208.  The 208 with the two stage trigger is a lot more expensive that the 208 with the single stage trigger.  So is the two stage worth it? 

Don't know that it matters but I now shoot a S&W 41 and am looking to decrease the weight of the gun a bit to see it helps me improve my scores. My 41 weighs 53 oz. all decked out.  I have also heard that the 208 may be too light....? 

I too am sure it is the shooter more than the gun, but I don't see any problem in trying to optimize your equipment! Smile

LSM 124

Posts : 25
Join date : 2017-01-08
Age : 63
Location : Northern VA

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by gregbenner on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:15 pm

LSM 124 wrote:I am considering buying a 208.  The 208 with the two stage trigger is a lot more expensive that the 208 with the single stage trigger.  So is the two stage worth it? 

Don't know that it matters but I now shoot a S&W 41 and am looking to decrease the weight of the gun a bit to see it helps me improve my scores. My 41 weighs 53 oz. all decked out.  I have also heard that the 208 may be too light....? 

I too am sure it is the shooter more than the gun, but I don't see any problem in trying to optimize your equipment! Smile

Ask Jon which model he shoots currntly:looks great:

gregbenner

Posts : 419
Join date : 2016-10-29
Location : San Diego area

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by Chris Miceli on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 pm

The s is more spendy cause of the 2 stage and the ability to adjust the trigger position forward and aft
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2543
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by LenV on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:59 am

Chris Miceli wrote:
Jon Eulette wrote:Experience. My Ruger had excellent trigger and shot sub inch 50 yd groups. I just had opportunity to get like new 208 and took advantage of the opportunity. I have many .22's now and shoot same scores with all of them. I've always believed in shooter not the gun. 
Jon
but you have the most of which model =]

S&W=4

Ruger=3

Browning=2

High Standard=1

Pistols that end with a vowel=0   To be fair. If they made them for people with real sized hands I might own a couple.  Laughing
avatar
LenV

Posts : 3134
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 68
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger vs Hammerli, and both vs ME

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum