Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refocusing on revolver fundamentals

3 posters

Go down

Refocusing on revolver fundamentals Empty Refocusing on revolver fundamentals

Post by Bruce in WV Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:09 pm

I'm picking up a new match revolver this Friday, my first in many (!) years. I need to find resources to refocus on revolver fundamentals, specifically stance, grip selection and grip, trigger finger placement, efficient cocking without disturbing the grip, and other skills I'm not even remembering from the old days.

Looking over the Bullseye Encyclopedia archive I don't see anything specific to the revolver. Can the members here recommend a book/handbook/manual/??? 

I appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Last edited by Bruce in WV on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bruce in WV
Bruce in WV

Back to top Go down

Refocusing on revolver fundamentals Empty Re: Refocusing on revolver fundamentals

Post by desben Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:43 pm

http://sportsmansvintagepress.com/read-free/shooting-table-contents/

I think chapter 6 could be of interest to you.
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Refocusing on revolver fundamentals Empty Re: Refocusing on revolver fundamentals

Post by Chris Miceli Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:58 pm

single or 2 hand shooting ? The pistol shooters treasury has some revolver shooters. I shot revolver single action, never could keep my grip 100 %. Lost some when the thumb was coming off to clock hammer.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce in WV Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:41 am

The Fitzgerald book is a treasure trove from one of history's great revolver shooters. Thank you for the link.
Perhaps there's a training book that's oriented to modern competition shooting, perhaps by a DR author?
I am interested in precision one handed shooting. I've spent a lot of time learning modern combat shooting methods for the revolver using two hands and focusing on DA rapid fire from "practical" positions.
Now that I'm facing retirement at 71 I need a new challenge, and precision one handed revolver shooting certainly fits the bill as a challenge! I might even be able to compete some day; the company of fellow shooters has always been a great way to spend a few hours.
Bruce in WV
Bruce in WV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down