Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Range Box Question

+12
Oleg G
BE Mike
Froneck
CR10X
troystaten
Greg Walloch
Slartybartfast
Blsi2600
Tim:H11
Dr.Don
STEVE SAMELAK
Aprilian
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Range Box Question - Page 2 Empty New Range Box Question

Post by Guest 11/8/2017, 8:21 am

First topic message reminder :

New Range Box Question - Page 2 1006927-Hyskore-Competition-Range-Box

1006927 Hyskore Competition Range Box
14 x 11.5 x 17.5 inches
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CGNF08U/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I232RQ55X3VZAE&colid=39LU4F8G3ARUH

I'm looking for a new range box. They are always out of stock at Bullseye Gear .Com. This one has larger dimensions as well.
What do you think of this one?

Back to top Go down

New Range Box Question - Page 2 Empty Re: New Range Box Question

Post by CR10X 11/10/2017, 8:36 am

I've never seen or heard of any problem with the position of the gun "in" the box at Perry.  Most people simply orient them appropriately as they are removed to the be placed on the bench.  The process of getting the gun out is up to the competitor to maintain control and position.  All guns that are unboxed and on the bench should be oriented downrange with ECI installed at matches.  Per the new CMP rules, it looks like the ECI has to already be installed anyway, even before unboxing the pistol. 

However, if there are draconian rules in place at some particular range, please remember that the gun box is a movable object.  Simply put the box on the bench oriented to get the gun you need pointed downrange, remove it and and then position the box as needed.  Reverse to put it up.  Any comments about the gun after it is in the box would be followed up with, "Well, how can you get the box to the line if you want the pistols pointed down range all the time when in the box?"

See previous discussions on the subject. (There are many and very entertaining. But guns in the box are considered "safe" and one of the rules is you don't touch the trigger until the gun is pointed downrange. Having EIC in guns in the box is the best option for any orientation.)

I simply remove the eye and ear protection when getting stuff out of the car.  Generally need it before getting to the line anyway, either indoor or outdoor ranges.  A lot of people just hang them on the outside, which I do occasionally when its a long walk like Perry. 

Think hard about getting 10's when training, shoot easy and don't sweat the small stuff. 

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Keithcrc 11/20/2017, 6:13 pm

Did a anyone notice that Bullseye gear box (at beginning of this thread) had a strap over the scope? That's not a good idea. Guns shouldn't be handled by the scope let alone locked in by it. Didn't seem like the strap was small enough to fish through the mount either. Don't know if those HyScore mounts lock the gun in place. It wouldn't be my choice. IMHO
Keithcrc
Keithcrc

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 11/20/2017, 6:49 pm

While not ideal perhaps, the recoil forces are far higher than the forces from the straps.  Otherwise the scope wouldn’t hold zero.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 11/20/2017, 6:54 pm

Hell I've been racking my slide by the scope since about 1990 and was still shooting 2650's. Crap maybe that's why I never broke 70! Wink
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Keithcrc 11/20/2017, 7:18 pm

How about pushing down on the adjustment tower of that scope with the strap and then bumping the gun box around in a cart? The scopes are indeed designed to handle recoil but I don't think that a gun recoils vertically. Might not make a difference, but still not a good idea to handle a gun by the scope anyway. Just sharing my view.
Keithcrc
Keithcrc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2