Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spotting scope deal alert

+3
losi b
Froneck
SMBeyer
7 posters

Go down

spotting scope deal alert Empty spotting scope deal alert

Post by SMBeyer 11/28/2017, 7:14 pm

I looked through this spotting scope the other day at the range and was pleased if not slightly impressed with the quality.  It is a made in Japan Apollo 20x50 fixed power scope.  After I looked through it I asked the guy how much was it?  He said $30!  My first scope was a Barska that I paid $100 for and it was junk and huge.  This is I would say a mid to compact size.  Dont know the weight but I will be able to weigh one on Thursday probably.  This is not Kowa or Swarovski quality but pretty darn nice especially for $30.  I would say these scopes could easily sell for $150.   Of all the inexpensive scopes I have looked through like the Champions Choice $99-$119  and others this is by far the nicest.  Eye relief was decent and clarity was good also.  For me the biggest failure of most of the cheap scopes is the horrible eye relief and the 12-36x variable scopes that are completely useless on anything other than their lowest power.

I called this place today and bought 2.  He combined and dropped shipping from $15 to $10 so I got 2 spotting scopes for $70.  I asked how many he had left and he said 10.  Some are black some are camo.  He got them when he bought a shipping container of stuff from an out of business gun store.  The guy was extremely nice and has already shipped them out to me.

If your looking for a decent scope for a great price I would grab one.

Here is the Gunbroker link where he has pictures of them.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/721982026

This is the guys website that has them

www.bossfirearms.com
sales@bossfirearms.com
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

spotting scope deal alert Empty Re: spotting scope deal alert

Post by Froneck 11/28/2017, 9:05 pm

Japanese optics are one of the best. I'm looking for another scope, you right variable power is a waste to money. I want to see .22 holes at 50 yards. I did go to the web site but can't find scopes. All I see is AR stuff. I did add my e-mail and waiting for their sent confirmation maybe I will see more stuff then.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by losi b 11/29/2017, 7:30 am

I bought one on your recommendation.  I don't expect much so hopefully I will be impressed.  Hahaha.  Thanks for the heads up sir.

losi b

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 11/30/2017, 8:53 am

Thanks SM.  I ordered one yesterday as i gave my late father's 1956 Bausch & Lomb to our youngest son a few years ago.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by losi b 12/2/2017, 6:54 pm

I received my scope today and it seems to be a very solid little piece. The focus ring is precise and the Optics are very impressive especially for the money. As the o p stated the objective lens cap does not fit correctly and falls off but I will find a solution for that. I am going to take it to the range tomorrow and see how it works for me but for the money spent I am thoroughly impressed.

losi b

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 12/5/2017, 12:54 pm

Mine came in today and as losi posted, I'm very pleased after mounting it on a table tripod; great optics and easy focus. Thanks again SMBeyer for the tip.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer 12/5/2017, 9:33 pm

i'm glad you guys liked them!  Can't beat $30
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris_La 12/9/2017, 7:36 pm

I bought one also and received it today. The objective lenses and spacers were unscrewed and rattled inside. I've called the seller and he offered shipping label and replacement.
After looking closer and disassembly the objective, I was able to correctly put it back and its working now. Focus down to <10m. Better then 20-30 X 50 Tourist-6, but not as good as Winchester (Vanguard) 12-50X50 (WT-541) that I have paid $100 on sale years ago. Nice, compact scope for the BE pistol box. Better scope (WT-541) now will serve for longer distances.

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 5/20/2018, 8:07 am

SMBeyer, thanks for the tip....I've used the scope and it is perfect.  The optics will "see" down to .22 at 50 yds.  Excellent choice for the money.  Not very often a deal like that comes along.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by rebs 5/22/2018, 7:10 am

the gunbroker link did not work and the web site only shower ar stuff

rebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 5/22/2018, 7:26 am

rebs wrote:the gunbroker link did not work and the web site only shower ar stuff
Rebs, I ordered mine in early Dec. '17.  He only had 10 so my guess is they are sold out.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 5/22/2018, 7:29 am

Nothing there, move along. Lol
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content