.32 wadcutter snap caps?

Go down

.32 wadcutter snap caps?

Post by Mike38 on 12/1/2017, 11:19 pm

Looking for snap caps for my .32 wad cutter pistol. I found some for .32 S&W Long, but they are the round nose bullet configuration, and I doubt they will fit in a wad cutter chamber. Will .32 S&W Short snap caps work? Thanks!
avatar
Mike38

Posts : 255
Join date : 2016-09-15
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 wadcutter snap caps?

Post by Jon Eulette on 12/2/2017, 12:00 am

Should work fine....rimmed case.
Jon
avatar
Jon Eulette

Posts : 2144
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 wadcutter snap caps?

Post by Mike38 on 12/3/2017, 8:47 am

Yep, I guess it will work. Got digging around the net and found that the overall length of a .32 S&W (short) is 0.92 inch. The case length of the .32 S&W Long is 0.92 inch, (overall length of wadcutter would be ~0.92). Base and rim diameter are the same. Heck, the .32 S&W snap caps might even feed from the magazine in a .32 S&W Long.
avatar
Mike38

Posts : 255
Join date : 2016-09-15
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 wadcutter snap caps?

Post by Magload on 12/3/2017, 10:54 am

Reading the small print on two different brands of 22 LF snap caps I have both says NOT FOR DRYING.   The rims will not take a constant beating.  Don
avatar
Magload

Posts : 1174
Join date : 2016-11-18
Age : 71
Location : NE Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 wadcutter snap caps?

Post by Mike38 on 12/3/2017, 5:28 pm

Magload wrote:Reading the small print on two different brands of 22 LF snap caps I have both says NOT FOR DRYING.   The rims will not take a constant beating.  Don


The type I plan to buy are the ones that have a spring loaded "piston" of sorts in the place of a primer. Supposed to be good for dry firing, or at least I hope.
avatar
Mike38

Posts : 255
Join date : 2016-09-15
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 wadcutter snap caps?

Post by Magload on 12/3/2017, 5:30 pm

Mike38 wrote:
Magload wrote:Reading the small print on two different brands of 22 LF snap caps I have both says NOT FOR DRYING.   The rims will not take a constant beating.  Don


The type I plan to buy are the ones that have a spring loaded "piston" of sorts in the place of a primer. Supposed to be good for dry firing, or at least I hope.
Never really felt I needed anything for center fire.  Don
avatar
Magload

Posts : 1174
Join date : 2016-11-18
Age : 71
Location : NE Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 wadcutter snap caps?

Post by troystaten on 12/3/2017, 9:15 pm

Don't know if you really need them for a center fire gun but if you reload you could de-prime and resize some brass then fill the primer pocket with hot glue and trim the glue flush.

troystaten

Posts : 304
Join date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 wadcutter snap caps?

Post by Mike38 on 12/4/2017, 9:39 pm

troystaten wrote:Don't know if you really need them for a center fire gun but if you reload you could de-prime and resize some brass then fill the primer pocket with hot glue and trim the glue flush.


Now that's a great idea. Thanks.
avatar
Mike38

Posts : 255
Join date : 2016-09-15
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 wadcutter snap caps?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum