Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help from Pardini SP shooters

+7
Jon Math
MarkOue
Ghillieman
Toz35m
CrankyThunder
gregbenner
30harry
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Need help from Pardini SP shooters Empty Need help from Pardini SP shooters

Post by 30harry 12/2/2017, 4:46 pm

I want to buy a Pardini SP but the more research I do, the more I realize I don't know what to look for Smile

Am I correct in assuming that the only models with the rail built into the top of the frame are the ones with 2017 engraved into the right side of the frame/barrel ?  

If it's an older one, is it possible to Mill the frame like the newer ones?  

Are there other differences between the older and the 2017 models?  Triggers/grips, etc. 

What about conversions to 32?  The issue with the flat sided bolts versus rounded sided bolts and 32 conversions?  

Anything else I might need to know?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

I was able to fire a few rounds through one and I'm impressed.

Thanks,. Harry

30harry

Back to top Go down

Need help from Pardini SP shooters Empty Re: Need help from Pardini SP shooters

Post by gregbenner 12/2/2017, 6:31 pm

I have an SP, as well as the 32 long HP conversion. I shoot both calibers regularly and really like the gun. The factory grips didn't fit me well and I purchased  Rink grips instead. I don't know the history well enough to answer your questions, but I found Vladimir at Pardini USA very helpful in a couple of circumstances when I was looking at specific used guns.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 12/2/2017, 8:08 pm

dear 30harry:

I purchased a brand new pardini bullseye a few years ago, when the bullseye model first came out. 

Yeah, it was expensive and a bit of a stretch, but damn this is a awesome pistol.  I think mine is a 2013 model.  It has scope groves on it and I have a red dot. I cannot give enough praise to the pardini. 

My buddy down in texas has a older model.  a nygord one and he has a red dot on it.  That is a awesome pistol although he does not have the counterweight recoil suppression system.  would not feel undergunned with that pistol.  

Not sure what to make of the new longer barreled models.  I like the picatinny mount but not sure why the longer barrel is required. Maybe you get a tenthousands of an inch better accuracy at the expense of increased muzzle flip sensitivity.  

the conversion kits to 32 have their own bolts, Vlad at pardini will help you out.  

personally I got the dick horton 1911 angled grips.  a work of art that fit me like a glove.  

All in all, I look at the high used prices and wonder why someone would pay that much for a used one when you can get a new one for close to the same cost with the warranty and the pardini usa support.  about 10 percent more or so on the price.  doesnt make sense to me but what do I know.  

What I do know is that I have shot over 100,000 rounds through my pardini and I think it might be time to replace the recoil spring (have one on hand but it seams that the original is just as stiff as the unused one).  The mechanical trigger?  damn, give you a orgasim fingering it.  balance?  yeah, a bit front heavy but deal with it, it works.  Recoil?  them counterweights are worth their weight in gold,  Make you smile in rapid fire.  

Basically, get yourself a new one.  not going to save much on a old one and the support you get from pardini usa is worth it. 

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 30harry 12/2/2017, 9:29 pm

CrankyThunder wrote:Basically, get yourself a new one.  not going to save much on a old one and the support you get from pardini usa is worth it. 

Regards, 
Crankster
Thanks for the response Cranky.  I'm thinking the same way. What I have seen are fairly high prices for used, when you actually see a used one.  

From what I've read they put that grip angle on it to better absorb whatever recoil there is.  I'm not sure I will like it either but I'm going to give it a really good workout before I decide to go with an aftermarket grip.  

I watched the olympic rapidfire shootoff and I'm pretty sure every one of them was using an SP.  You can't have a better testimonial than that.  

100k !  Man that is some amount of rounds down range.  

I'm pretty close to just going for the new one. 

thanks again,

Harry

30harry

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 12/3/2017, 7:28 am

The pardini grip comes with a european high rake grip that tilts the hand forward.  

Personally, this high rake grip does seam to lock your hand in a more sturdy grip on the pistol but, in my case, I developed a pain on the wrist right behind the thumb that forced me to put the pistol down for a couple weeks.  

the 1911 angled grip from Dick Horton made it all better.  Not as steady a hold but no pain. 

Regards, 
Cranky
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m 12/3/2017, 11:17 am

I have been shooting a Pardini for for more than 20 yrs.  About 2 yrs ago I picked up a newer one that was slightly used.  The triggers can take some time to set up to get them they way you like but if you go slow it is worth it.

For me I really like the balance.  

my 20+ yr old Pardini does not have any weights to absorbs recoil. At some point they added 4 weights and then more recently they increased to 6 weights.  They did make some improvements to the trigger in the current models.

I do not think you can go wrong with an older Pardini. The older versions have a lighter slide than the current BE version.  The BE version has a heaver slide to help improve accuracy but also has an impact to the recoil but the recoil weights help this.  I think the ports on top would also help this if you are thinking of getting a new one.

- You can move the Dot forward and back to adjust the balance on either new or older version.  
- Both versions will shoot under 1/2" so that is not a factor in a decision.

Since I got the 2015 version my outdoor averages have gone from 865 to 876.  Some of this could be the pistol and some me.  My personal best between the 2 pistol are only 2 points off from each other.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 12/6/2017, 3:59 am

All Pardini SP has a 19mm European dove tail rail milled into the frame. 19mm European dove tail rings are available from Warne Precision. An optional picatinny rail is available, although I think this is unnecessary. I have had a lot of luck with the standard model. Pistol really likes Aguila Pistol Match, SK Pistol Match, Eley Club. CCI Standard Velocity is too long to fit in the magazines.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkOue 12/6/2017, 4:57 am

Can the counterweight system be added to an older SP22?

MarkOue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math 12/6/2017, 8:05 am

duplicate post

Last edited by Jon Math on 12/6/2017, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math 12/6/2017, 8:07 am

After struggling with a Benelli for way too long I bite the bullet and purchased a “New to Me” 2015 Bullseye SP a few months ago.  Best decision I ever made; I was really ready to give the entire sport up, now I almost enjoy it.  The 2015 model was grooved for rings.  I came to Bullseye from the ISSF sports of Free Pistol and Air Pistol so the steeply raked grips were not an issue for me, but most of the men using them in the league I shoot in have converted to straight grips FWIW.  I like a muzzle heavy pistol so I shoot it will all the weights installed but there is a nice range of adjustment available too.

It did take some getting used to. I dropped a lot of points the first time I used the pistol in a match, but once I became used to it’s trigger I quickly put 40 points onto my average. No more flyers and having to shoot alibis rounds sure helped.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m 12/6/2017, 3:20 pm

MarkOue wrote:Can the counterweight system be added to an older SP22?
no the frame design changed.  I asked.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math 12/6/2017, 3:26 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drop-In-Heavy-Brass-Target-Compensator-for-22-Cal-Pardini-Competition-Pistols/302345155681?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Will this weight work for you?  Not my listing BTW.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkOue 12/6/2017, 3:55 pm

Jon Math wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drop-In-Heavy-Brass-Target-Compensator-for-22-Cal-Pardini-Competition-Pistols/302345155681?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Will this weight work for you?  Not my listing BTW.

Thanks!  

This weight is also a port.  Are ported guns legal in NRA Bullseye?  Chances are they are not legal for CMP competition.  

Thank again,
Mark

PS: I read the entire add and this won't fit the older frames.   That doesn't mean I can't get a local machinist to make me one that will fit.

MarkOue

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 12/6/2017, 11:09 pm

Ghillieman wrote:CCI Standard Velocity is too long to fit in the magazines.

CCI SV fits and feeds perfectly in all four of the magazines that I have for my SP.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 12/6/2017, 11:41 pm

Ghillieman wrote:All Pardini SP has a 19mm European dove tail rail milled into the frame. 19mm European dove tail rings are available from Warne Precision. An optional picatinny rail is available, although I think this is unnecessary. I have had a lot of luck with the standard model. Pistol really likes Aguila Pistol Match, SK Pistol Match, Eley Club. CCI Standard Velocity is too long to fit in the magazines.
Strange.  CCI SV works fine in mine, but Eley Club is too long and tends to get hung up in my mags.  I've had the best luck with Wolf Match Extra and SK Pistol Match, but usually use the latter because it's cheaper.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 12/7/2017, 11:31 am

gregbenner and mpolans, what model SP are your mags for? Newer models? Mine is an older Don Nygord SP with the four weight shroud. Maybe the magazines were a little different dimension on the older mags.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 12/7/2017, 12:14 pm

I have a Nygord Pardini as well. And CCI std, does not fit. I do know people who swage the CCI std to get it to fit to good effect. I just shoot Norma or SK.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math 12/7/2017, 12:59 pm

A number if the guys that I compete with have older SP’s and they seem to like the Aquilla blue box ammo.  I always assumed it was an availability or cost issue, hearing how many old pistols magazines will not chamber CCI now I got to wonder if that’s the reason.

I got a new magazine two days ago it chambers CCI SV ammo fine.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 12/7/2017, 4:34 pm

Mine is maybe 2 years old.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 12/7/2017, 7:44 pm

Ghillieman wrote:gregbenner and mpolans, what model SP are your mags for? Newer models? Mine is an older Don Nygord SP with the four weight shroud. Maybe the magazines were a little different dimension on the older mags.
I believe a couple of my mags are from an old Nygord-era gun.  The rest are for a newer (2015ish?) SP.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by tceva 12/8/2017, 4:57 am

You Gents are killing me. I can't help but think that a Pardini would resolve my struggles with a Benelli. I have gotten to the point I won't take it to the range in the cooler months because of ftf issues. Any major concerns with the BE model? My Benelli is like a teenage daughter, if you know what I mean.
Alex
tceva
tceva

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math 12/8/2017, 5:44 am

My Benelli would not shoot well at all in cold weather; and living in New England we can hang meet outside 8 months of the year.  I picked up a Ruger as a cold weather shooter, and even started using it indoors when the Benelli earned it nick name of “Double Alibi”.  Mine went to a southern clime and the gent who purchased it is delighted so maybe they are truly warm weather pistols.

No pistol is a magic wand—you are the shooter—but confidence in your pistol does count for something.
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 12/8/2017, 9:38 am

tceva wrote:You Gents are killing me.  I can't help but think that a Pardini would resolve my struggles with a Benelli.  I have gotten to the point I won't take it to the range in the cooler months because of ftf issues.  Any major concerns with the BE model?  My Benelli is like a teenage daughter, if you know what I mean.
Alex

I have a pair of MP90Ss, 22 and 32, and have found them to be quite reliable. Mine are older, well used versions which I purchased used. I like my Pardini better, mostly the trigger.  Plus, on mine, the fit and finish on the Pardini is better. Sort of a Chevy v Lexus.  This may not really be a fair compare though, since the Benellis are older.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 12/8/2017, 9:04 pm

I confirmed this today.

CCI Standard Velocity will not feed in the old SP magazines. You can insert the cartridges but they will wedge and seize when the follower pushes them up.

CCI Standard Velocity will feed in the new SP magazines, and cycled just fine through my pistol.

The old magazines are identifiable with 4 spring coils visible in the window, new magazines have 6 spring coils visible.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 12/9/2017, 10:38 am

Greetings Ghillieman,

Sounds like you have both versions of the magazines, yes?

If so, is the follower machined at a different angle?

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next