green tag 495 a case

Go down

green tag 495 a case

Post by 3 gun Gus on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Midwayusa has green tag on clearance. 495 a case.
avatar
3 gun Gus

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-04-05
Age : 63
Location : Behind you!

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by BE Mike on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:27 am

I see that they have CCI Pistol Match for a very good price, too! It has always shot outstanding groups in my Hammerli 208s.
avatar
BE Mike

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Indiana

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by arnold jim on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:34 pm

I have not checked it lately, but Green Tag Ransomed worse in my mod 41 & H.S. than the cheaper brands did.
   Your results may be different...Jim

arnold jim

Posts : 23
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : arnold, md... surprise

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by Jack H on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:55 pm

I had very disappointing Ransom groups from Green Tag some years ago.  4-5 inches while Eley did great in the same conditions.  50yds.
avatar
Jack H

Posts : 1573
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by Dr.Don on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Be sure you have shot some of these before buying a case of Green Tag. I think they have grouped significantly worse than CCI SV in every gun I've tried them in.
avatar
Dr.Don

Posts : 501
Join date : 2012-10-31
Location : Cedar Park, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by 3 gun Gus on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Both my M41's shoot inch groups off of bags and 9X rifle scope. But as we know not all guns like the same ammo.
avatar
3 gun Gus

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-04-05
Age : 63
Location : Behind you!

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by lablover on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:04 pm

BE Mike wrote:I see that they have CCI Pistol Match for a very good price, too! It has always shot outstanding groups in my Hammerli 208s.
How does the pistol match compare with cci SV

lablover

Posts : 445
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by BE Mike on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:44 am

The best machine rest group I ever got with CCI PM was .79" (ten shots at fifty yards). That's about half the size groups that I got with CCI SV. Years ago at a Kentucky State Match, I talked to Jerry Chaney about CCI PM. It was his "go to" ammo for his Hammerli 208s also.
avatar
BE Mike

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Indiana

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by 30harry on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:45 am

Dr.Don wrote:Be sure you have shot some of these before buying a case of Green Tag. I think they have grouped significantly worse than CCI SV in every gun I've tried them in.
The subject of accuracy is so weird.  This is my Walther gsp last week  25 yds 10x scope off the bench. Tested several different brands and nothing close to green tag
Attachments
2017-12-26 09.41.17.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(25 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
2017-12-26 09.40.39.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(27 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

30harry

Posts : 57
Join date : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by BE Mike on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:52 am

30harry wrote:
Dr.Don wrote:Be sure you have shot some of these before buying a case of Green Tag. I think they have grouped significantly worse than CCI SV in every gun I've tried them in.
The subject of accuracy is so weird.  This is my Walther gsp last week  25 yds 10x scope off the bench. Tested several different brands and nothing close to green tag
No offense intended, but how'd it hold up at 50 yards? That really is what is the test for 2700 bullseye pistol shooters.
avatar
BE Mike

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Indiana

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by Tim:H11 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:37 am

My grandfather used to swear by CCI Greentag for small bore rifle matches indoors years and years ago. Back when he was shooting what is now my Winchester Model 52B. I’ve shot it recently with green tag and it was not good. CCI Standard Velocity was better, wolf was excellent, and anything else that cost more was good too. But from what I saw in the rifle I didn't even try it in the pistol.
avatar
Tim:H11

Posts : 1439
Join date : 2015-11-04
Age : 30
Location : Columba, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by james r chapman on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 am

BE Mike wrote:
30harry wrote:
Dr.Don wrote:Be sure you have shot some of these before buying a case of Green Tag. I think they have grouped significantly worse than CCI SV in every gun I've tried them in.
The subject of accuracy is so weird.  This is my Walther gsp last week  25 yds 10x scope off the bench. Tested several different brands and nothing close to green tag
No offense intended, but how'd it hold up at 50 yards? That really is what is the test for 2700 bullseye pistol shooters.
I don't disagree, but, 25 yds is generally a good sorting out point.

I'm  always interested to see great 25 yd groups that totally sucked at 50yds. What a Face
avatar
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 2792
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 69
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by dronning on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:27 am

james r chapman wrote:I'm  always interested to see great 25 yd groups that totally sucked at 50yds. What a Face
The worst I've had were some .38 SPL HBWC bullets that punched out a great group @ 25yd but would go all "tumbly" before arriving @ 50yd.  Switching to Remington's solved that.
- Dave
avatar
dronning

Posts : 1858
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 64
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by 30harry on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:43 pm

BE Mike wrote:
30harry wrote:
Dr.Don wrote:Be sure you have shot some of these before buying a case of Green Tag. I think they have grouped significantly worse than CCI SV in every gun I've tried them in.
The subject of accuracy is so weird.  This is my Walther gsp last week  25 yds 10x scope off the bench. Tested several different brands and nothing close to green tag
No offense intended, but how'd it hold up at 50 yards? That really is what is the test for 2700 bullseye pistol shooters.
Smile I only shoot indoors. 25 yds max.

30harry

Posts : 57
Join date : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

Re: green tag 495 a case

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum