Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions?

+6
lyman1903
davekp
Allen Barnett
Wobbley
BE Mike
willnewton
10 posters

Go down

Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions? Empty Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions?

Post by willnewton 1/16/2018, 10:33 am

I just picked up a set of vintage Fitz Ten-0 plastic grips off eBay just to try an actual BE style thumbrest revolver grip without forking $$$ out for some Nills.  They are are bit small for my hands, but better than the squishy, too small Hogue factory grip on a SW 625 revolver.

I would like them to be a bit grippier, as the plastic and plastic checkering is bit slick.  I was wondering if some of the older, uh I mean more experienced shooters might be familiar with these grips and some solutions from when they were more common on the shooting line.

I am not sure how interested in stippling them I am.  I also suppose I could go the grip tape route as well.....  There seems to be some light colored crap embedded in the checkering and I was wondering if it might be grip rosin.

Just interested in seeing what anyone has to say.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions? Empty Re: Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions?

Post by BE Mike 1/16/2018, 11:35 am

Had Fitz grips on my first bullseye pistol, a Ruger Mk I. This was back in about 1971. I'd try the grip tape or if you don't have much invested in them and want a more permanent solution, try glue and sand.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions? Empty Re: Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions?

Post by Wobbley 1/16/2018, 1:48 pm

This works for a while.

Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions? Ae004010
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 1/16/2018, 3:03 pm

The light colored stuff you describe I am sure is residue from rock rosin same stuff baseball pitchers use.  I personnally use rock rosin myself and that is how I would desribe it on my pistols.  Do not confuse it with pine tar which is a whole different ball of wax.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by davekp 1/17/2018, 7:04 am

You could break the glaze by sanding them a bit.

davekp

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 1/17/2018, 9:35 am

not sure how well you could stipple them,  thinking (which is dangerous) that it may crack or chip them when you try, (older resin may not like heat either??)

grip tape,  or even some cloth type gaffers tape may be better,  just to build it up where needed
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins 1/17/2018, 7:23 pm

They are plastic and had a few of them and good grips for what they are.
Stipple them with a soldering iron using the proper tip.
Experiment with a hunk of plastic until you get it right.

Good luck;
Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 1/17/2018, 11:01 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-14-5oz-Performix-PLASTI-DIP-Plastic-Multi-Rubber-Grip-Coating-Handle-Tool/132201951026?epid=1100162316&hash=item1ec7d9af32:g:nuQAAOSwYlRZJHU4
Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions? S-l1600
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 1/18/2018, 9:35 am

Really Len? Plasti-Dip?  Surprised

Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions? Fitz6210

You can see the light stuff in the crevices.  It does resemble rosin.

Thanks for all the replies folks.  I am going to give it a go with the grip tape, as it is the easiest to test and remove and is 100% reversible with no damage to the grip (hopefully). Plus, I have some right here.

I was wondering if someone (Chris Miceli Smile ) was going to put up a pic of super glue.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 1/19/2018, 10:47 am

I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted about the dip. That stuff sticks to anything and leaves a very grippy feel. I would never suggest dipping the entire grip. I have painted it on with a stiff brush where I need it. Hmmm. Never thought about super glue.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 1/19/2018, 12:58 pm

rustoleum makes a clear spray on grip product.. I've used it on my boat's trailer frame to keep from busting my butt climbing all over it.. works pretty well... you can find it at HD or Walmart I bet
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 1/22/2018, 9:43 pm

I was actually looking for it in Lowe’s today, thinking it might be worth a test. I might have to swing by the WallyWorld and see if they have it.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 1/23/2018, 12:38 am

Sometimes I spend money just looking for other peoples solutions. I found these (with 34 minutes to go)while looking for something for a N frame like yours with a thumb rest. I started to post them here then realized there just wasn't enough time. Now I have to figure out what to put them on. Laughing

LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 1/23/2018, 10:55 am

LenV wrote:Sometimes I spend money just looking for other peoples solutions. I found these (with 34 minutes to go)while looking for something for a N frame like yours with a thumb rest. I started to post them here then realized there just wasn't enough time. Now I have to figure out what to put them on. Laughing

sounds like a good reason to buy another handgun! Cool
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daflorc 1/23/2018, 11:54 am

LenV wrote:Sometimes I spend money just looking for other peoples solutions. I found these (with 34 minutes to go)while looking for something for a N frame like yours with a thumb rest. I started to post them here then realized there just wasn't enough time. Now I have to figure out what to put them on. Laughing

Ummm....Are those for sale?

daflorc

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 1/23/2018, 6:55 pm

Shocked
iTac2 – The Choice of Champions
Highly recommended for all pole dancers, from beginners to experts
Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions? Faa32a10

http://itac2.com/product/itac2-pole-fitness-extra-strength-200g/
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 1/26/2018, 7:11 pm

daflorc, I saw the question but had to wait to see them to respond. I guess the answer would be "no". They fit my hand and look good. I don't know if that means my scores will go up but lookn good points count too. You just don't get to put them on the score card. Smile

Got Fitz revolver plastic grip, need more "grip", suggestions? 20180118
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down