Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go?

+14
AllAces
Paper-Puncher
Carbide
s1120
chefmossy
Jim Mc
Jacob53
BHeintz
jakuda
Bryan Coyle
ddivins
N5XTH
SMBeyer
Eages
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go? Empty Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go?

Post by Eages 6/17/2012, 9:49 am

Anyone know here I can get some CCI Standard Velocity?

Eages

Back to top Go down

Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go? Empty Re: Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go?

Post by SMBeyer 6/17/2012, 9:59 am

My dad just got some in from Champions Choice
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go? Empty Re: Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go?

Post by Eages 6/17/2012, 10:37 am

SMBeyer wrote:My dad just got some in from Champions Choice

Thanks, I just placed an order.

Eages

Back to top Go down

Post by N5XTH 6/17/2012, 4:47 pm

Dicks Sporting Goods normally carries it.

N5XTH

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins 6/17/2012, 6:39 pm

N5XTH wrote:Dicks Sporting Goods normally carries it.

That's where I get it. It's just under $28 for 500.

-dsd

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Coyle 6/18/2012, 8:17 am

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-884-cci-standard-velocity-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-round-nose-ammunition.aspx
$259 a case of paperboxed - free shipping.
/B

Bryan Coyle

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda 6/18/2012, 11:42 am

+1 on targetsportsusa. Customer service may be spotty, but I've never had a problem with my orders yet.

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Coyle 6/18/2012, 12:39 pm

Their shipping info page states 3-4 days delay before they'll ship. I recently ordered 2 cases and they shipped on the 4th day. I'd presume the reference is to 3-4 business days but that's not clarified.
/B

Bryan Coyle

Back to top Go down

Post by BHeintz 6/18/2012, 7:49 pm

I have purchased CCI Standard Velocity from Champions Choice several times, they always had it in stock, and for a good price. The customer service was always very good as well.

BHeintz

Back to top Go down

Where did all the CCI Standard Velocity go? Empty CCI Std Velocity in stock

Post by Jacob53 8/9/2012, 9:50 pm

Just bought 2 bricks of CCI SV from sgammo.com, $24 per brick. Total of $12 shipping for both bricks. Works out to just over $.06/round. Shipped out the next day. Move quickly, they show their inventory running low.

See you on the line.

Jacob

Jacob53

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Mc 8/10/2012, 8:38 pm

+1 on sgammo.com
I just received 2 cases in the last 2-3 weeks, they shipped it out fast, like the day I ordered on one case and the next day on the other.
$239.50 plus $22 shipping and $2.50 for fully insured ups, $264 to the door, they had 9 cases @ 8pm today. Dick's never has it in-stock in Mid-Mo
http://www.sgammo.com/product/cci/5000rds-22-lr-cci-standard-velocity-22-long-rifle-ammo-0035

Jim Mc

Back to top Go down

Post by chefmossy 9/5/2012, 8:07 pm

I ordered a case from sgammo today
chefmossy
chefmossy

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 9/6/2012, 5:06 am

Ive had a heack of a time finding it also. As of this time, Im not doing any mail order. So been visiting a lot of places. Most dont stock it at all, and I have yet to find a brick of it. just the 100 round plastic boxes. Dicks is a joke around here. I think I have more amno then they do. WalMart as you all know dont stock any SV stuff at all. I did find a local shop that does stock a lot of it. Not as cheap as a brick... but cheaper then a lot of other places, so that where Ive been going.

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer 9/17/2012, 4:13 pm

Just called Champions Choice to order a hand pump for my air rifle and while I was at it was going to order some CCI in the paper pack and they said that they were out of it and were not taking any backorders. She thought that they would be getting some but they had no idea when. Just giving you guys a heads up if you are needing any you might want to be looking. Scott
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Carbide 10/14/2012, 11:40 am

For those that don't need 5000 rounds, Palmetto State Armory have them for $5.99 in 100 round plastic box. Shipping is reasonable.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rimfire-ammunition.html

Sale ends tomorrow.

Carbide

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 10/14/2012, 2:08 pm

now that cooler weather is here.....most of you will be inside at 50ft......if your gun will allow it use the Blazer stuff....Ive shot it rested with both my MKIII's and the difference between the 2 at that distance is barely noticeable....I used to get CCI std at dicks....now every time I try to find it there they dont have any......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 10/15/2012, 8:13 am

Paper-Puncher wrote:now that cooler weather is here.....most of you will be inside at 50ft......if your gun will allow it use the Blazer stuff....Ive shot it rested with both my MKIII's and the difference between the 2 at that distance is barely noticeable....I used to get CCI std at dicks....now every time I try to find it there they dont have any......

I have two High Standards, so im stuck with SV amno.Sad The local Dicks were pretty clueless. Didnt have it, and seemed kinda shocked, and confused when I asked

I did find a local shop that stocks it though. 9 bucks a box of 100 but better then nothing. I have a brick and a half of old 70's era Rem target that I shoot up for pratice/plinking. When thats gone Im stuck with the CCi SV, and pretty much the cheapest I can get.

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces 10/15/2012, 3:46 pm

For those who can drive to it, Grice's Gun Shop, http://www.gricegunshop.com/

has CCI SV for $279/5000 case.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda 10/24/2012, 7:54 pm

Something must have happened to the supply. TargetSportsUSA went out of stock for a couple of weeks, and now the price is increased to $275/case. Still worth a buy IMHO.

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 10/24/2012, 9:41 pm

I've heard more than one shooter say that their recent SV has been full of duds---Bad primers, so they went to some older backstock from last year, and used the newer batch for practice.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda 10/25/2012, 12:35 am

I'm still working through my case from last year, which had no problems however I'm nearing my last 1000 rounds. Hope the next case I buy continues to be trouble free.

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 10/25/2012, 1:02 am

All of my SV from last year has been good. The people who have mentioned FTFs were from CCI SV that they just bought within the last few weeks.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Mc 10/25/2012, 5:17 am

It seems sgammo.com had a price increase also, up $25.40 a case. So now it's $286.90 to the door.

Jim Mc

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 10/25/2012, 8:41 pm

Ive quite lookin...CCI std is my prefer'd ammo ...but as far as my guns go winchester M-22, CCI Blazer , Federal Champion . All shot just as well , at least for 50ft and 25yds.....10 shot groups differ maybe 1/8'' at 25yds . I dont understand why all of a sudden any std vel. seems like a needle in a hay stack .but at the same time my scores dont change by using the other ammo Ive metioned.....About the only ammo I wont use is remington...there rim-fire stuff has taken a serious bean counter dive the last 10yrs or so.....I can remember using Rem - sub sonic hollow pts for tree-rats and BR-50 in my 541-t's 10-15yrs ago ...today I wouldnt use it if they paid me...

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda 10/26/2012, 3:11 am

I agree, the remingtons have never worked reliably in my Ruger. I haven't tried it in my Marvel. Shooters I know give Remingtons away just to get rid of it.

Realistically speaking, there will be little noticeable accuracy difference between most ammunition at 25 yards off hand. We can nitpick with sandbag and ransom rest performance but unless we break 2650 scores, we won't notice it in matches. What I do experience is that cheaper ammunition is particularly lot sensitive and has a higher percentage of duds, which is unacceptable for match use, but just fine for practice.

I use CCI standard (paper box) for all practice, and for sustained fire in matches. Haven't had a dud yet in about 5000 rounds. *fingers crossed*
Using more expensive ammo for the long line in matches gives me some peace of mind, but doesn't help my scores.

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next