Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9mm bullet weight & twist rate compatibility

4 posters

Go down

9mm bullet weight & twist rate compatibility  Empty 9mm bullet weight & twist rate compatibility

Post by hengehold 2/1/2018, 6:51 pm

I am a longtime rifle competitor and a new pistol competitor. For rifles I can go to the bullet manufacturers websites and they will list the twist rate that each bullet is compatible with. I was unable to find that info on the Sierra bullets webpage for a 9mm Pistol bullet.

My question is this: what bullet weight range can I use in my 9mm, 1-16” twist barrel?

Thanks,
-T

hengehold

Back to top Go down

9mm bullet weight & twist rate compatibility  Empty Re: 9mm bullet weight & twist rate compatibility

Post by rreid 2/1/2018, 7:18 pm

Any
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

9mm bullet weight & twist rate compatibility  Empty Re: 9mm bullet weight & twist rate compatibility

Post by LenV 2/1/2018, 8:18 pm

What rreid said. I have used everything from 110gr LSWC to 147gr JHP's. You just end up adjusting your load for best performance. My best load for that twist is 6.4gr Power Pistol and a 115gr XTP. Substitute HAP, Zero or Magnus for XTP. All work.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV 2/1/2018, 9:55 pm

147 GR XTP FOR THE LONG LINE,  147GR HORNADY FMJ FOR THE SHORT LINE. BOTH ARE BOAT TAILED.

4.2 VV330 BEST ACCURACY
4.0 WSF    REAL GOOD ACCURACY BUT REAL SOFT SHOOTING

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down