Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pachmayr 5 gun box

5 posters

Go down

Pachmayr 5 gun box Empty Pachmayr 5 gun box

Post by JLK 6/18/2012, 9:10 am

Several years ago while at a gun show I stumbled across what appeared to be an unused
5 gun Pachmayr box. The price was too good to pass up so I bought it. One of the regrets
I have about the box is it did not have a back door. There is a partition in the lower part of it
but the tray must be slid out to access it. Because of this I have never used the box.

I don't want to butcher it up and botch cutting a back door. Does anyone have any experience
or recommendations for modifying it?
Thanks!
JLK
JLK
JLK

Back to top Go down

Pachmayr 5 gun box Empty Re: Pachmayr 5 gun box

Post by Smokey99 6/19/2012, 7:49 am

If it will hold pistols with Red Dots I could take it off your hands - trade for my Pachmayr (from late 70's) that is used but has a back door.bounce

Smokey99

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 6/19/2012, 7:30 pm

I ve got one myself . I had to modify it for red dots...by lowering the divider . The box is just stapled together ..not hard to take apart and adjust to your needs ....then once back together just sand off the glue from the vinyl cover and paint it with trunk type paint .....yea its big but I can have 4 guns and ammo etc ....one bad point is since I lowered the shelf i cant mount a spotting scope ...so I just use a hand held monocular....not sexy but it works....but the box looks good and I only have $25.00 bucks invested

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Pachmayr 5 gun box Empty Pachmayr Gun Box Key

Post by tonycastro 6/27/2012, 9:16 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a key for my 5 gun Pachmayr box?

tonycastro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 6/27/2012, 10:45 pm

OK here goes. Peel back the vinyl from the bottom of the back cover. Since there is no inside shelf you will need to use that vinyl to reupholster the thing. If you don't have enough vinyl to overlap, maybe use the vynil on the bottom? To get the thinnest kerf you should use a bandsaw with a fence, but that would require a complete rebuild of the box. Try one of those vibratory multi cutting tools and you have to rig up some kind of fence to cut straight. Re-upholster with the vynil you peeled back, Add some hinges and a hasp. DONE!

Since it's a new box, I think you will have a hard time making it look 100%. Maybe leave it as is?

Tony Castro, order an excelsior 151 key for the front and a 6k11 for the back. Ebay usually has them.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey99 6/29/2012, 3:13 pm

Paper-Puncher wrote:I ve got one myself . I had to modify it for red dots...by lowering the divider . The box is just stapled together ..not hard to take apart and adjust to your needs ....then once back together just sand off the glue from the vinyl cover and paint it with trunk type paint .....yea its big but I can have 4 guns and ammo etc ....one bad point is since I lowered the shelf i cant mount a spotting scope ...so I just use a hand held monocular....not sexy but it works....but the box looks good and I only have $25.00 bucks invested

True, my scope is mounted but if I lower divider as you suggested, I could probably come up with a means to clamp it to the lid after opening.

Smokey99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down