Pardini SP

Go down

Pardini SP

Post by Multiracer on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oU3CeW6mRI


What is the price going to be ?

Multiracer

Posts : 454
Join date : 2017-03-15
Location : North Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Chris Miceli on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:39 am

https://www.pardiniguns.com/store/
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2133
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Multiracer on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:01 pm

So....The pistol is $2,650.00, and the upgrade is $1,150.00 and the Dot is another $300.00 and the shipping is what it is ?
By the time you load the first cheep CCI round it will cost almost 4K..am I reading this correctly ?

Multiracer

Posts : 454
Join date : 2017-03-15
Location : North Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Chris Miceli on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Multiracer wrote:So....The pistol is $2,650.00, and the upgrade is $1,150.00 and the Dot is another $300.00 and the shipping is what it is ?
By the time you load the first cheep CCI round it will cost almost 4K..am I reading this correctly ?
I would say you are reading that incorrectly. Call vlad to be sure.
Where’s did 1150 come from ?
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2133
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by mpolans on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Why bother?  The only advantage I see would be a longer sight radius if you're using irons, perhaps for EIC.  If you're using a dot for bullseye, I don't see any advantage.  Even for EIC, .22 EIC rules limit the sight radius to 10.0 inches.  The stock SP sight radius is 220mm, or 8.66 inches.  It'd probably be easier and whole lot cheaper to just make a custom front sight extension to fit in the slot to extend the sight radius an extra 1.34 inches for EIC matches.

mpolans

Posts : 223
Join date : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by dronning on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Multiracer wrote:So....The pistol is $2,650.00, and the upgrade is $1,150.00 and the Dot is another $300.00 and the shipping is what it is ?
By the time you load the first cheep CCI round it will cost almost 4K..am I reading this correctly ?

The compensated version is $2,650 non-compensated is $2,550.  The $1,150 upgrade isn't needed it is if you want to convert a 5" gun you already own to a 6" gun.

- Dave
avatar
dronning

Posts : 1654
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 64
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Multiracer on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:54 pm

dronning wrote:
Multiracer wrote:So....The pistol is $2,650.00, and the upgrade is $1,150.00 and the Dot is another $300.00 and the shipping is what it is ?
By the time you load the first cheep CCI round it will cost almost 4K..am I reading this correctly ?

The compensated version is $2,650 non-compensated is $2,550.  The $1,150 upgrade isn't needed it is if you want to convert a 5" gun you already own to a 6" gun.

- Dave



That is where I got the $1,150.00 from.

Multiracer

Posts : 454
Join date : 2017-03-15
Location : North Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Chris Miceli on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Multiracer wrote:
dronning wrote:
Multiracer wrote:So....The pistol is $2,650.00, and the upgrade is $1,150.00 and the Dot is another $300.00 and the shipping is what it is ?
By the time you load the first cheep CCI round it will cost almost 4K..am I reading this correctly ?

The compensated version is $2,650 non-compensated is $2,550.  The $1,150 upgrade isn't needed it is if you want to convert a 5" gun you already own to a 6" gun.

- Dave



That is where I got the $1,150.00 from.

why would you buy a 5" then upgrade it to 6" vs buying a new 6" ?
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2133
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by fc60 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:23 pm

Greetings,

Wow! Buying a score keeps getting more and more complicated, and expensive.

Cheers,

Dave
avatar
fc60

Posts : 327
Join date : 2011-06-11
Location : South Prairie, WA 98385

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by zanemoseley on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Too bad they didn't just go with the barrel shroud with the cantilever picatinny rail, it gave much more options on where you could mcount the dot. Instead they put the tiny picatinny rail on top of the shroud which forces you to put the dot further forward. One of these years I'll own a 32acp but between the startup costs and the complicated reloading I've not bit the hook yet.

zanemoseley

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Chris Miceli on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:41 pm

zanemoseley wrote:Too bad they didn't just go with the barrel shroud with the cantilever picatinny rail, it gave much more options on where you could mcount the dot. Instead they put the tiny picatinny rail on top of the shroud which forces you to put the dot further forward. One of these years I'll own a 32acp but between the startup costs and the complicated reloading I've not bit the hook yet.

the pardini has a dovetail cut on top for rings(euro spec), or you can just a aimpoint base from KC or Totts
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2133
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by zanemoseley on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Yeah but I heard the built in dovetail sucks pretty bad. The KC or Torts mount may be nice but they stay on the frame so if you want to shoot 22 & 32 you have to adjust between them and change from 25 to 50 yards, so you have 4 total settings and that is assuming the barrel bolts exactly in the same each time.

The cantilever brace attached to the shroud allows you to keep a dot dedicated to each caliber and it stays fixed to the barrel so you know your zero won't change.

zanemoseley

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Chris Miceli on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm

zanemoseley wrote:Yeah but I heard the built in dovetail sucks pretty bad. The KC or Torts mount may be nice but they stay on the frame so if you want to shoot 22 & 32 you have to adjust between them and change from 25 to 50 yards, so you have 4 total settings and that is assuming the barrel bolts exactly in the same each time.

The cantilever brace attached to the shroud allows you to keep a dot dedicated to each caliber and it stays fixed to the barrel so you know your zero won't change.
Simple fix 2 Guns
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2133
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Multiracer on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:32 pm

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

Wow! Buying a score keeps getting more and more complicated, and expensive.

Cheers,

Dave

jocolor jocolor jocolor ....my point in different language.

Multiracer

Posts : 454
Join date : 2017-03-15
Location : North Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by dronning on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Multiracer wrote:
That is where I got the $1,150.00 from.

You don't need to buy the 5" gun and convert it, if you want the 6" gun just buy the 6" one.  

For those that bought a Pardini before 2017 a 6" version wasn't offered.  That's why they made the 6" conversion available - for those that may wish to get the 6".

- Dave
avatar
dronning

Posts : 1654
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 64
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by mpolans on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:00 am

So I just measured it out, and even on a 5" model, if you custom made a front sight, you'd hit a 10.0" sight radius about 0.25" in from flush with the muzzle, so getting the 6" model for the longer sight radius in EIC wouldn't make sense.

Any enterprising gunsmith want to make a run of custom front sights that have the face of the sight 0.25" in from the muzzle (and might have to be slightly taller)?

mpolans

Posts : 223
Join date : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Ghillieman on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:31 am

1) I would be game for a new front sight that extends the sight radius.

2) If you want a HP32 for a centerfire gun, just buy the whole gun. Messing around with conversions and different sight settings and different trigger weights is just a recipe for disaster.

3) I have had 3 different dots mounted 3 different ways all on the dove tail milled in the frame. All the extra rails and picatinny mounts are unnecessary.

4) Over 11,000 rounds through my SP and I have never had any issue with return to zero after bolting the barrel shroud back on. It's always dead on after cleaning.
avatar
Ghillieman

Posts : 396
Join date : 2012-02-15
Location : TEXAS

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Jon Math on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:56 am

I purchased a used year old Pardini, I’m not sure the original owner ever shot it.  I saved a lot of money buying used.  A number of shooters just cannot warm up to their steep grip angle, or expected to add 50 or more points to their average just by switching and did not; so gently used ones turn up pretty commonly.
avatar
Jon Math

Posts : 239
Join date : 2016-12-05
Age : 57
Location : Mass.

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by carykiteboarder on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm

To summarize and simplify...

.22 SPBE5  is $2450.  Add $100 if you want the 6".  Add another $100 if you want the compensator.
.32ACP Conversion is $1200.
Shooting both on a single frame is $3650.  Add $60 for Totts mount and $600 for Aimpoint micro.
Grand total is $4310.  (One trigger; one grip)

Two guns (SPBE & HP .32ACP) would be $5050.  (Add $100 for 6"; Add $100 for comp)  Add TWO Totts mounts and TWO Aimpoints is another $1320.
Grand total is $6370.

For two guns, you spend an extra $2060 so you don't have to keep track of .22 and .32 zero marks on your Aimpoint sight.  Personally, I like the Rink "steep" grip so that's another $250.  With two frames, you'll need two grips so that brings the difference to $2310.  To each, his own.

Have I ever forgotten to change my sight settings?  Rarely but, yes.  It costs me 1 point per shot until I realize the reason shots are not on call is sights.

Shooting .32ACP is fun... center fire scores are the same as .22LR scores.  If you shoot for fun, I highly recommend it.  However, it's not helping you shoot .45 and you won't make master without getting good with the big gun. If your goal is to become national champion, shoot a world class .22 (e.g. Pardini) and spend the money for a world class .45 (especially trigger) and invest the time and suffering necessary to master the .45.
avatar
carykiteboarder

Posts : 137
Join date : 2014-10-29
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by mpolans on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Or how about buying a used SPBE 5" for about $1800, get a .32acp conversion for $1200 (hard to find used), get a Matchdot 2 for $250 (maybe $200 used), and a set of Warne CZ rings for $140 (or $100 used)?  That gets you in the game with both calibers for around $3300-3400.

As for whether one can be a top shooter using a Pardini for CF vs. a .45 for CF, it seems old habits die hard in the bullseye world, so it might take some time to see how things play out.

mpolans

Posts : 223
Join date : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by fc60 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Greetings,

Say, shooters, ease up. It's only money.

Do you plan to die rich?

Cheers,

Dave
avatar
fc60

Posts : 327
Join date : 2011-06-11
Location : South Prairie, WA 98385

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Jon Eulette on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

Say, shooters, ease up. It's only money.

Do you plan to die rich?

Cheers,

Dave


+1
avatar
Jon Eulette

Posts : 1948
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by john bickar on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:
fc60 wrote:Greetings,

Say, shooters, ease up. It's only money.

Do you plan to die rich?

Cheers,

Dave


+1

I spend a lot of my money on booze, guns, and ammo. The rest I just waste.
avatar
john bickar

Posts : 859
Join date : 2011-07-09
Location : Menlo Park, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by sbtzc on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Want a Lamborghini or Ferrari - arguably the finest production sports cars. Just not realistic for most of us. 

A Pardini? Again, arguably the best. Most of us can save enough to own the finest.

sbtzc

Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-05-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Ghillieman on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:30 am

carykiteboarder wrote:To summarize and simplify...

.22 SPBE5  is $2450.  Add $100 if you want the 6".  Add another $100 if you want the compensator.
.32ACP Conversion is $1200.
Shooting both on a single frame is $3650.  Add $60 for Totts mount and $600 for Aimpoint micro.
Grand total is $4310.  (One trigger; one grip)

Two guns (SPBE & HP .32ACP) would be $5050.  (Add $100 for 6"; Add $100 for comp)  Add TWO Totts mounts and TWO Aimpoints is another $1320.
Grand total is $6370.

For two guns, you spend an extra $2060 so you don't have to keep track of .22 and .32 zero marks on your Aimpoint sight.  Personally, I like the Rink "steep" grip so that's another $250.  With two frames, you'll need two grips so that brings the difference to $2310.  To each, his own.
I got in to both of my Pardini's for way, waaayyyyy, less than that.
avatar
Ghillieman

Posts : 396
Join date : 2012-02-15
Location : TEXAS

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardini SP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum