Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KART Conversion Orginal Instructions

+4
Amati
fc60
PMcfall
budgetbob
8 posters

Go down

KART Conversion Orginal Instructions Empty KART Conversion Orginal Instructions

Post by budgetbob 3/12/2018, 1:09 pm

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I was cleaning out the safe and came across a set of instruction for a KART conversion from around 1978.   I have attached a copy of the PDF.  Check out the 1978 price list and dream.
Attachments
KART Conversion Orginal Instructions Attachment
KART Conversion.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(991 Kb) Downloaded 97 times

budgetbob

Back to top Go down

KART Conversion Orginal Instructions Empty Re: KART Conversion Orginal Instructions

Post by PMcfall 3/12/2018, 1:24 pm

Thanks.  Nice to have them.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

KART Conversion Orginal Instructions Empty Re: KART Conversion Orginal Instructions

Post by fc60 3/12/2018, 5:09 pm

Greetings,

Many thanks for sharing this piece of History.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 3/14/2018, 8:52 pm

Looking at the parts list in the linked pdf of the OP's post, it appears that Mr. Kart's conversion uses a different concept than the various Marvel & such kits currently available.

Good, bad or indifferent and how accurate were they? One wonders why they are no longer manufactured.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 3/14/2018, 9:52 pm

Making more money with barrels

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall 3/15/2018, 9:20 am

Last time I heard, John Dworack is still making them.  Exact copies.  I have bought parts from him for my Kart and they are nice and right.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 3/15/2018, 11:34 am

Given the option which would be the better choice, a complete Kart or a Marvel on a Foster?

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 3/15/2018, 12:04 pm

Amati wrote:Given the option which would be the better choice, a complete Kart or a Marvel on a Foster?
Karts were designed around iron sights. Dworark makes a shroud for optics if you can get a hold of him. They are also 6” but I believe some kart 5” are out there

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 3/15/2018, 4:00 pm

Amati wrote:Given the option which would be the better choice, a complete Kart or a Marvel on a Foster?
Having owned multiple Kart's both 5" and 6", multiple Marvel and multiple Dvorak conversion's I can say that slapping a Marvel on your receiver of choice is the most painless way to go. Kart and Dvorak conversions take tuning, usually a lot if you have never done it,  both in magazines and recoil/main spring areas to get perfect. Getting a Kart to even slide on a Caspian/Foster frame can take significant fitting of the rails, that is just to get to slide on then all the other tuning begins.  I have no doubt that KC Crawford could tune these Kart setups quickly I just wanted to do it myself, not that I really enjoy that type of stuff. I guess I am cheap.  All of the Marvel's I have had were plug and play with only minor ammo or magazine lip adjustments.

That is my experience but I am sure others disagree. That is what we do here. That said once tuned my 5" Kart is the best feeling conversion out of them all. It took many hours to tune to perfection though.  A Dvorak conversion is close since it has an aluminum shroud over the barrel so the weight is balanced with a dot mounted. I have a 6" Marvel that balances about the same as the Dvorak but really there is no need for a 6" barrel when using a dot sight, only irons. Too bad Dvorak didn't make 5" versions.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 3/15/2018, 4:14 pm

KART Conversion Orginal Instructions Dscn0510

In my opinion these are not for the new shooter, whose time is better spent just shooting a Marvel designed conversion. I manage to shoot 8's with these. I too, should have spent my time training instead of hunting for hen's teeth.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 3/15/2018, 9:17 pm

KART Conversion Orginal Instructions Caspia10

This was a brand new custom build by Clark Custom Guns on a Caspian lower with a 6" Kart upper, the extra Optics Slide and two magazines. Built,  fitted and tuned by Clark with a BE trigger action. Ransom fired with results comparable to their S&W Mod. 41 specials.
Sold by Clark directly to a prior client.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 3/17/2018, 9:33 pm

The "Description" portion of Fred Kart's U.S. Patent is impressive.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US4127056

Gave me new appreciation for his kit.

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 3/17/2018, 9:45 pm

I built a Kart conversion last year. Required fitting frame/slide on Caspian. Had issues with light strikes and 5th rd locking up the pistol during ejection. Finally figured out that slidestop pin is sensitive to being inserted too deeply into the frame and a few magazine issues with contacting disconnector rail in slide. Light strikes attributed to wrong mainspring in parts bag; company put 17# in a #19 bag. Shot awesome when finished; very accurate. Also ran reliably with cci & Aguila. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot one competitively if you get it tuned correctly.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 3/17/2018, 10:10 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:company put 17# in a #19 bag.

Quite the opposite of my boss, who routinely expects me to fit 10# in a 5# bag.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 3/17/2018, 10:44 pm

john bickar wrote:
Jon Eulette wrote:company put 17# in a #19 bag.

Quite the opposite of my boss, who routinely expects me to fit 10# in a 5# bag.

John I love your sense of humor...keep'em coming....lol
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Amati 3/18/2018, 7:57 am

Jon Eulette wrote:I built a Kart conversion last year. 
Jon
Sounds as if you really liked it. Was it a 5" or a 6" and was it an original Fred Kart or John Dworak's kit?

Last edited by Amati on 3/18/2018, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Amati

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 3/18/2018, 10:10 am

6" original with Dworak scope mount shroud.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down