FS Vintage 1911 left grip scope mount and white dot scope SOLD

Go down

FS Vintage 1911 left grip scope mount and white dot scope SOLD

Post by Rimfire on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:21 pm

For those that would like to go old school with a 1911 left grip scope mount and dot sight. The scope is marked Oxford, no identification on the scope mount. The scope works and has vertical and horizontal adjustment knobs. It take 2 AA batteries and shows a small white dot in the tube. No magnification on the tube just glass. I mounted it on my 1911 by just removing the left panel and attaching the mount.

Asking $30 shipped CUS.

Interesting history on this type of equipment. This came in the same box as the Bomar rib sight sold here that was acquired from the estate of a gunsmith. Not saying that these are the actual items discussed below.

SOLD
Attachments
dotscope.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(165 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

Last edited by Rimfire on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:57 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added info, REDUCED PRICE Sold)

Rimfire

Back to top Go down

Re: FS Vintage 1911 left grip scope mount and white dot scope SOLD

Post by Axehandle on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Interesting...  For you old heads out there:  Is this an example of the Oxford Sight that Joe Pascarela won Camp Perry with in 1980?

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Blsi2600 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 am

Joe Pascarella was the winner in 1980 with 2657-39x.  I believe this to be the first overall win at Perry for a optical sight.

The picture on the cover of the Oct '80 American Rifleman magazine shows Joe holding the 45 wad gun with a very tall left side grip mount for the Oxford dot.  The wad gun also has a Bomar extended front sight rib mounted on the slide.

845 competitors that year.

Blsi2600

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum