Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about your 32acp experience.

5 posters

Go down

Tell me about your 32acp experience. Empty Tell me about your 32acp experience.

Post by zanemoseley 3/30/2018, 4:48 pm

I've been intrigued by the 32acp's for a couple years. I wish there were more options for new pistols using the 32acp but it appears you're stuck with Pardini unless you want to rebarrel a S&W long and figure out the magazines.

The reason I've been thinking of a 32 acp is to make matches a bit more fun. Days where the 45acp is having its way with me it feels a bit torturous to shoot it twice. I know people say to master the 45 but for me its all about having fun while improving. I don't plan on reducing my 45 practice one bit.

So of those of you that have taken the plunge to 32acp what are your opinions. If given the opportunity to go back would you do it again.

Reloading 32acp sounds to be a bit tricky especially with the oversized Pardini bore. After reading the Hornady 60 grain XTP seems to be the easiest to load but you pay more than lead.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your 32acp experience. Empty Re: Tell me about your 32acp experience.

Post by Dr.Don 3/30/2018, 5:05 pm

I'm only about 3 weeks into 32acp with the Pardini.  So my opinions are very preliminary.  I'm shooting both 60gr XTP's and the T&B 60gr SWC sized at .314.  I made a custom M-style expander for the Dillon 550 so I don't swage the lead bullets down in reloading.  I'm still playing with loads, but so far it is shooting well.  I haven't shot it in a match yet, but am getting significant improvement in my sustained fire drills.  I attribute that to a combination of reduced recoil and a very, very nice trigger.  I like the trigger so much I may eventually get a .22 conversion for it and move away from my very nice Marvel.  

That's all for now; I'm too new with it to be more useful.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your 32acp experience. Empty Re: Tell me about your 32acp experience.

Post by Chris Miceli 3/30/2018, 5:09 pm

The Pardini 32acp uses 32 s&w long magazines

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/30/2018, 5:20 pm

Does anyone make a 32 acp target pistol with magazines actually made for the 32acp.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your 32acp experience. Empty 32 ACP Target Pistols

Post by fc60 3/30/2018, 7:52 pm

zanemoseley wrote:Does anyone make a 32 acp target pistol with magazines actually made for the 32acp.

Probably not. Most quality target pistols come from Europe.

In most of the European countries, it is illegal to own a pistol chambered for 32 ACP.

Pardini in Italy is subject to this as well as the barrels are chambered in the USA.

By the way, converting a 32 S&W Long pistol to 32 ACP is not a good idea. The bolt of the pistol will still fire a 32 S&W Long when chambered in a 32 ACP barrel. The exposed case will rupture ruining a good day.

Pardini covers this by machining a special bolt for the 32 ACP and the rim of a 32 S&W Long will not fit.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 3/30/2018, 8:02 pm

fc60 wrote:
zanemoseley wrote:Does anyone make a 32 acp target pistol with magazines actually made for the 32acp.

In most of the European countries, it is illegal to own a pistol chambered for 32 ACP.

Pardini in Italy is subject to this as well as the barrels are chambered in the USA.

By the way, converting a 32 S&W Long pistol to 32 ACP is not a good idea. The bolt of the pistol will still fire a 32 S&W Long when chambered in a 32 ACP barrel. The exposed case will rupture ruining a good day.

Pardini covers this by machining a special bolt for the 32 ACP and the rim of a 32 S&W Long will not fit.

Cheers,

Dave

My p240 breach face was welded so it couldn’t be done. Also had it stamped 32acp

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 3/30/2018, 8:40 pm

fc60 wrote:

Cheers,

Dave

Amazing how far out of battery most of the Euro guns will still fire. Very dangerous in my opinion.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 3/31/2018, 12:02 pm

"My p240 breach face was welded so it couldn’t be done. Also had it stamped 32acp "

A mark of good workmanship.

I have a partially finished Walther GSP-C I am converting to 32 ACP.

I also had my trusty Welder fill in the breech and I recut the recess.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down