Swaging .32 S&W HBWC bullets

Go down

Swaging .32 S&W HBWC bullets

Post by Bullseye_Stan on 4/22/2018, 6:27 am

Greetings,

I am interested in these .32 S&W wadcutter pistols as sold by Benelli, Walther, Pardini, Matchgun, and a few others.  The trouble seems to be getting high quality lead bullets.  For whatever reason, and I have yet to investigate this, H&N sold a very good swaged bullet (no surprise there) but they have become difficult to obtain in the states. 

Being part of that 'can do' group, I have to ask... how much trouble is swaging my own lead 0.314" diameter HBWC 98 grain bullet?  After doing a cursory view of the Corbin swaging site, it seems possible.  But, I figured it would be prudent to ask if any other intrepid (i.e. foolish?) shooters have considered such an activity?

At this point, I'm looking to make a high quality swaged bullet and essentially duplicate the H&N 98 grain HBWC.  A converted reloading press can be used with dies to swage the bullets, but I'll need to get more details before coming up with a true cost.  Personally, if this can be done for ~ $1k then I'm considering it 'feasible' with regard to cost.

Any experience or thoughts on this topic would be appreciated.

Stan

p.s.  Getting lead (and lead wire) can vary the cost.  Rotometals sells 99.9% pure lead at @$2.66/lb - is that a reasonable price?

Bullseye_Stan

Back to top Go down

Re: Swaging .32 S&W HBWC bullets

Post by Wobbley on 4/22/2018, 8:32 am

Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye_Stan on 4/22/2018, 8:58 am

Thanks.  I should have done more searching.  Apparently, it's an option from that thread.

Bullseye_Stan

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer on 4/22/2018, 8:00 pm

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?356260-WTS-Corbin-Mitey-Mite-Press-with-Core-Seat-And-6s-Point-Forming-Die-and-More
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner on 4/22/2018, 8:55 pm

I used a borrowed swager to slightly modify a Speer Plinker HBWC into a clone of a .314 H&N Bullet.  The resulting bullets shot as well as H£N in my GSP in a Rasom Rest.  I am currently in discussion with someone to make me dies To duplicate this.

With 1.3 gr of Bulleye for SL loads, 32s are a hoot to shoot.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum