WTB Les Baer Wadcutter Gun - FOUND Thank you all

Go down

WTB Les Baer Wadcutter Gun - FOUND Thank you all

Post by oxbowbob on 4/24/2018, 3:45 pm

I’m looking for a decent Les Baer wad gun for a reasonable price.  Want it for a friend in BE league so not sure what the budget is.
Please PM me with details.

Thanks for your help,
Bob

Last edited by oxbowbob on 4/25/2018, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

oxbowbob

Back to top Go down

Re: WTB Les Baer Wadcutter Gun - FOUND Thank you all

Post by mikemyers on 4/24/2018, 3:54 pm

I posted a thread just like this a year ago.  I thought I knew what I wanted.  Fast forward a year, and I am very happy I changed my mind, and ended up with a Salyer.  

I do have a Les Baer Premiere II that I'm likely to be offering for sale (at what would be a very unreasonable price for this forum which is why I won't post it here).  

As someone told me, how many people did I see here competing with a Baer?
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by oxbowbob on 4/24/2018, 4:19 pm

Actually I never gave that any kind of thought.  Who is Les selling all those guns to??  And what are the top shooters using. I'd really like to know that.  At this point I don't think what I'm shooting matters so much as how I'm shooting it.  However, like I said ... this one is for a friend and not for me.

I'm not so sure it would bother me if I had to buy one or two (or 16) different kinds before I found the one I like:)

oxbowbob

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on 4/24/2018, 4:28 pm

oxbowbob wrote:Actually I never gave that any kind of thought.  Who is Les selling all those guns to??  And what are the top shooters using. I'd really like to know that.  At this point I don't think what I'm shooting matters so much as how I'm shooting it.  However, like I said ... this one is for a friend and not for me.

I'm not so sure it would bother me if I had to buy one or two (or 16) different kinds before I found the one I like:)
I'll start..

Shue
Accuracy X
KC Crawford
Salyer
Eulette

just to name a few...
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 on 4/24/2018, 4:37 pm

james r chapman wrote:
oxbowbob wrote:Actually I never gave that any kind of thought.  Who is Les selling all those guns to??  And what are the top shooters using. I'd really like to know that.  At this point I don't think what I'm shooting matters so much as how I'm shooting it.  However, like I said ... this one is for a friend and not for me.

I'll start..

Shue
Accuracy X
KC Crawford
Salyer
Eulette

just to name a few...
Kc accurize my Range officer and the final product is superior than a Baer. Roll trigger,checkered front strap,slide to frame fit,kart barrel,Egw bushing,Marvel Disconnector cut,scope mount,aimpoint H-1.
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 4/24/2018, 4:55 pm

Something more to add.   The Les Baer Wad Gun comes with a frame mount for the red dot sight.  A year ago, I thought that was an excellent choice for me, but I see most people here using a slide mounted sight.  Check the Les Baer website to see what I mean.

I don't know enough to tell you why one is preferable to the other, but I felt comfortable doing what most people here seem to do.

mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman on 4/24/2018, 5:12 pm

james r chapman wrote:

I'll start..

Shue
Accuracy X
KC Crawford
Salyer
Eulette

just to name a few...
What are Shue guns? I know who Jonathan Shue is. Did you mean Cabot? Or did he start building guns? Or a different Shue? Color me confused. 

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV on 4/24/2018, 7:04 pm

DON'T FORGET ROCK RIVER ARMS. THEY ARE AT PERRY EVERY YEAR HELPING ALL WHO ASK FOR IT.
P.S. I WAS AT THE PLANT LAST WEEK AND THEY HAVE A FINISHED .45 WAD GUN WITH FRAME MOUNT WITH NO ONES NAME ON IT. JP

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 on 4/24/2018, 7:18 pm

Yep Shue is building pistols..

Blackmass custom
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 4/24/2018, 7:52 pm

mikemyers wrote:Something more to add.   The Les Baer Wad Gun comes with a frame mount for the red dot sight.  A year ago, I thought that was an excellent choice for me, but I see most people here using a slide mounted sight.  Check the Les Baer website to see what I mean.

I don't know enough to tell you why one is preferable to the other, but I felt comfortable doing what most people here seem to do.

Jerry Keefer was putting a ton of time into building VERY soft shooting frame mount guns.  Nothing wrong with a frame mount gun.  KC built 2 frame mount guns (38 Super & 45) for me using a REDBUFF mount. I had him convert the 45 to a integral cut H1 mount when I decided to convert everything to Aimpoint.  Both guns (all 3 barrels) are sub 1.25" guns.

Oh and I started with a Les Baer because I could get a new one shipped over night from Champions Choice.  It served me well I cleaned a few Timed and Rapid targets with it.
- Dave

Integral Mount (not mine pictured)

Red buff Frame mount below, KC converted the 9MM he built me into a 38 Super w/6" fast 1-10 twist barrel
so I could shoot very soft lead loads for indoor matches.  Notice how close the mounts are to the slide.
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 on 4/24/2018, 9:25 pm

JIMPGOV wrote:DON'T FORGET ROCK RIVER ARMS. THEY ARE AT PERRY EVERY YEAR HELPING ALL WHO ASK FOR IT.
P.S. I WAS AT THE PLANT LAST WEEK AND THEY HAVE A FINISHED .45 WAD GUN WITH FRAME MOUNT WITH NO ONES NAME ON IT. JP
+1
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on 4/25/2018, 6:14 am

I suspect the deal with frame mounts is the extreme frame/slide/barrel fitting required.
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum