Aimpoint 9000sc

Go down

Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by KBarth on 5/4/2018, 7:14 am

Anyone using a slide mounted 9000sc? If so, what is your load info?  Looking to find a good reliable powder weight with a 185 jhp and 185 swchp, preferably bullseye powder. Thanks
avatar
KBarth

Posts : 108
Join date : 2017-05-18
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by Chris Miceli on 5/4/2018, 8:04 am

4.2- 4.5 BE 185jhp 4.0-4.2 lswchp your gun many vary depending how tight it was put together and the springs you use. I haven’t made any drastic changes to my gun to shoot 4.2 BE 1.2oal .470crimp was using 3.8BE 200lswc before. I don’t have any targets just a blah performance score card.


Last edited by Chris Miceli on 5/6/2018, 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2190
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by lablover on 5/6/2018, 4:12 pm

I’m using 4.1 BE 11 lb spring 190 swc

lablover

Posts : 294
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by Jon Eulette on 5/6/2018, 4:21 pm

3.4 BE 200 lswc short line 3.8 BE 20 lswc long line. 
Jon
avatar
Jon Eulette

Posts : 1964
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by LenV on 5/6/2018, 5:15 pm

You know what they say about a picture....
avatar
LenV

Posts : 2910
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 68
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by lablover on 5/6/2018, 5:24 pm

Yea, I’m gonna try that 4.2.  Lol

lablover

Posts : 294
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by Tim:H11 on 5/6/2018, 6:10 pm

I love my Ultradots because I haven’t had any issues and they’re affordable. But the more I see those Aimpoint 9000SC models the more I think about buying one....
avatar
Tim:H11

Posts : 1228
Join date : 2015-11-04
Age : 29
Location : Columba, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by zanemoseley on 5/6/2018, 6:46 pm

My pistol built by Jon needs 4.2 WST under Magnus 185gr #801, on my home cast H&G 68 185gr I have to go up to 4.6 WST, I attribute the difference to bearing surface length.

zanemoseley

Posts : 580
Join date : 2015-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by lablover on 5/6/2018, 7:41 pm

LenV wrote:You know what they say about a picture....
Hey Len, what recoil spring you using in that beast

lablover

Posts : 294
Join date : 2015-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by Tim:H11 on 5/6/2018, 8:21 pm

zanemoseley wrote:My pistol built by Jon needs 4.2 WST under Magnus 185gr #801, on my home cast H&G 68 185gr I have to go up to 4.6 WST, I attribute the difference to bearing surface length.

Do you know what the velocity is with these charges or possibly what you'd be using for an amount if using Bullseye powder instead? just curious - I shoot bullseye and only shoot 200 grain LSWC. I've only played around with the 185 grain bullets a little. I haven't really fully explored that type of bullet. I've just been very pleased with 200 grain LSWC so I haven't bothered to venture out much.
avatar
Tim:H11

Posts : 1228
Join date : 2015-11-04
Age : 29
Location : Columba, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by LenV on 5/6/2018, 8:39 pm

Recoil spring in the "beast". You made me look. I decided to clean it while I had it apart. Just an FYI the poundage lines on my home made spring scale were calibrated using new Wolfe recoil springs. I have a lot of springs so I had to make myself something to reference. It turns out that the recoil spring measures about 11.5 on my trusty tester. It really will be close to that. It probably was a 12 new.

avatar
LenV

Posts : 2910
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 68
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by mikemyers on 5/7/2018, 7:59 am

LenV wrote:......the poundage lines on my home made spring scale were calibrated using new Wolfe recoil springs.....

Can you please take another photo, that shows how this device works?
avatar
mikemyers

Posts : 922
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 74
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by LenV on 5/7/2018, 9:10 am

Had one in my computer. I originally had it marked in inches then changed to actuals.

avatar
LenV

Posts : 2910
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 68
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by mikemyers on 5/7/2018, 11:07 am

Now it's clear - thanks!   I should try to make something like this...
avatar
mikemyers

Posts : 922
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 74
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by messenger on 5/7/2018, 11:18 am

Chris Miceli wrote:4.2- 4.5 BE 185jhp 4.0-4.2 lswchp your gun many vary depending how tight it was put together and the springs you use. I haven’t made any drastic changes to my gun to shoot 4.2 BE 1.2oal .470crimp was using 3.8BE
200lswc before. I don’t have any targets just a blah performance score card.


I wouldn't mind having a Blah scorecard like that!
avatar
messenger

Posts : 283
Join date : 2011-06-18
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by Chris Miceli on 5/7/2018, 11:25 am

messenger wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:4.2- 4.5 BE 185jhp 4.0-4.2 lswchp your gun many vary depending how tight it was put together and the springs you use. I haven’t made any drastic changes to my gun to shoot 4.2 BE 1.2oal .470crimp was using 3.8BE
200lswc before. I don’t have any targets just a blah performance score card.


I wouldn't mind having a Blah scorecard like that!
every match my goal is all in the black.... but 8s suck.
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2190
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by Wobbley on 5/7/2018, 11:50 am

Chris Miceli wrote:
messenger wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:4.2- 4.5 BE 185jhp 4.0-4.2 lswchp your gun many vary depending how tight it was put together and the springs you use. I haven’t made any drastic changes to my gun to shoot 4.2 BE 1.2oal .470crimp was using 3.8BE
200lswc before. I don’t have any targets just a blah performance score card.


I wouldn't mind having a Blah scorecard like that!
every match my goal is all in the black.... but 8s suck.

7s suck even worse.
avatar
Wobbley

Posts : 1440
Join date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by zanemoseley on 5/8/2018, 8:30 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:
zanemoseley wrote:My pistol built by Jon needs 4.2 WST under Magnus 185gr #801, on my home cast H&G 68 185gr I have to go up to 4.6 WST, I attribute the difference to bearing surface length.

Do you know what the velocity is with these charges or possibly what you'd be using for an amount if using Bullseye powder instead? just curious - I shoot bullseye and only shoot 200 grain LSWC. I've only played around with the 185 grain bullets a little. I haven't really fully explored that type of bullet. I've just been very pleased with 200 grain LSWC so I haven't bothered to venture out much.

Sorry, not real sure on the velocity.

zanemoseley

Posts : 580
Join date : 2015-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000sc

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum