Wad Gun Buying Season

Go down

Wad Gun Buying Season

Post by mikemyers on 5/4/2018, 11:00 pm

I'm curious about something.  Last November and December I thought I wanted to buy a use Les Baer Wad Gun.  I posted a WTB post, and got back a lot of information, most of it suggesting that this would be a mistake, and any of several other guns would be better for me.  A week or so after this, lots of wad guns were popping up here in the classified forum - every few days another one showed up.  By the time I got to think about whether or not it was good for me, the gun was sold.  I wrote a few people here for advice, but the guns didn't last long enough to really give them enough thought.  The Clark that I finally decided on could have been mine, if I was a day earlier....   I missed it, but the owner had a Salyer gun he wanted to sell two months later, about when I was going to be back in the USA, so we agreed on that one.  (Very happy with it!!!!!!)

Anyway, my question - was this just a random thing, or is there something happening at that time of year that prompts so many people to post wad guns for sale?  Guns were still showing up for sale after I agreed to buy the one I wanted, but the rate was slowing down, then stopped.  Does something happen at that time of year that is an opportunity/excuse/reason for Bullseye shooters to want to sell their old gear (either because they're excited and want to buy something better, or they're frustrated and want "out")???
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Re: Wad Gun Buying Season

Post by LenV on 5/4/2018, 11:07 pm

Lets see if this makes sense. " I know it's winter but your not buying another pistol until you sell one of those you just had to have last winter. Or was it the winter before last"
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley on 5/4/2018, 11:31 pm

There was one rifle shooter who purposely had an annual “getting out of shooting sale”. The next year he was shooting with another set of new equipment. Makes perfect sense.
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on 5/4/2018, 11:54 pm

I just sold here 3 Rugers and a 52.  And locally sold a S&W Victory and a Ruger MKIV.  Also sold a Colt revolver made in 1939.  I believe it is seasonal.  Spring.  Tax refunds.  ???
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo on 5/5/2018, 5:00 am

mikemyers wrote:I'm curious about something.  Last November and December I thought I wanted to buy a use Les Baer Wad Gun.  I posted a WTB post, and got back a lot of information, most of it suggesting that this would be a mistake, and any of several other guns would be better for me.  A week or so after this, lots of wad guns were popping up here in the classified forum - every few days another one showed up.  By the time I got to think about whether or not it was good for me, the gun was sold.  I wrote a few people here for advice, but the guns didn't last long enough to really give them enough thought.  The Clark that I finally decided on could have been mine, if I was a day earlier....   I missed it, but the owner had a Salyer gun he wanted to sell two months later, about when I was going to be back in the USA, so we agreed on that one.  (Very happy with it!!!!!!)

Anyway, my question - was this just a random thing, or is there something happening at that time of year that prompts so many people to post wad guns for sale?  Guns were still showing up for sale after I agreed to buy the one I wanted, but the rate was slowing down, then stopped.  Does something happen at that time of year that is an opportunity/excuse/reason for Bullseye shooters to want to sell their old gear (either because they're excited and want to buy something better, or they're frustrated and want "out")???
Not random the outdoor season is over so people sell off guns either because they are moving on or because they are buying a new custom gun and are raising funds to buy the custom. 

On a secular basis older guys are retiring from the sport and from time to time they sell off nice guns.
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on 5/5/2018, 6:21 am

Like golf clubs.
Out with the old, in with the new.
It's always the clubs fault.
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content