Ruger Mark I for sale on Gunbroker

Go down

Ruger Mark I for sale on Gunbroker

Post by willnewton on 5/16/2018, 4:27 pm

I was in a gun shop today and saw an old Ruger Mark I in the case for sale.  I almost bought it, but was already walking out with a pistol and my wife was in the car.  I didn’t feel like pushing my luck!  Very Happy

It turns out that the store has it listed on gunbroker.com, so if anyone here has any interest, here is the link.  
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/771145534

I handled the gun briefly, racked and dry fired it, and gave it a quick look over.  The gun needed some cleaning and fresh oil.  The trigger was snappy and did not feel bad.  The pics in the listing give a fair representation of the wear.  This is not a safe queen, but neither is it so far gone that a little TLC would not turn this into a plinker you could take anywhere and leave the safe queens at home.  I did not fire the pistol or look at it for long, so you know about all I know about it.

It’s not normally like me to post up a Gunbroker listing, but it is unusual that I was able to actually handle a gun listed online.  I have no financial interest here, the folks at WT’s Guns were pleasant to deal with for my other purchase today and I told him I would return the favor and post a link to his listing where there might be some interest.

If you have any questions about the pistol, ask them directly to the owner via Gunbroker.
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruger Mark I for sale on Gunbroker

Post by AllAces on 5/16/2018, 6:34 pm

IMO, it not worth 299.00 starting bid. Buggered up front sight needs replacing. Dry firing these pistols can also bugger  up the chamber.
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 on 5/16/2018, 6:51 pm

It’s not a MKI. It’s a Ruger Standard. The MKI was the designation for the first model target pistol with a “Micro” adjustable rear sight. They later made their own design that we still see them using today. The MKII and so on just designated a new “generation”. So there are MKII Standards, and MKII Target models. Same for MKIII. Confusing.
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton on 5/17/2018, 6:02 am

Interesting about the difference between MKI and Standard.  I did not know that.  I do recall looking at the rear sight and thinking “That is not very adjustable looking.” Smile

If the price seems high for what it is, then negotiate.  He was flexible on his in store pricing.  As pointed out and seen in the pics, the pistol has had some use.  That is why I described it as a plinker, not a BE pistol.  Wink
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum