Eastern Armed Forces Memorial Games

Go down

Eastern Armed Forces Memorial Games

Post by Chris Miceli on 5/16/2018, 10:23 pm

A copy and paste from facebook, just passing along info (not my Facebook post)

A "Plug" for this match. This is an awesome match. I attended it last year and it gave me goosebumps when a Gold Star Father opened up the match. If you can attend, it will be well worth your time to spend Memorial Day doing what we LOVE, and remembering the sacrifices for our freedom. The base shooting club is sponsoring/hosting the match. They are looking for donations, but due to a conflict of interest with the base itself they cannot ask. So I am. So far we have Eric Hollis Slings, The Civilian Marksmanship Program, Creedmoor Sports, KC Custom Creations (for the pistol match), Compass Lake Engineering, Criterion Barrels, Davenport Guns, Sig Sauer, and Ron Brown slings that have agreed to donate to the prize table, and calls into a few other industry partners. It should prove to be an excellent prize table as well. Would be great if this match was full, waiting list only. Please help me to promote this awesome match. If you are an industry partner, please PM me if interested in making a donation.  Here is the match program:  http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/sites/default/files/PDF%20FILES/RTB%202018%20Bulletin.pdf
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Re: Eastern Armed Forces Memorial Games

Post by jmdavis on 5/17/2018, 10:10 am

I'm there for the 2700.
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans on 5/20/2018, 9:36 pm

I’m shooting the shotgun stuff on Sunday. I couldn’t do them and the 2700.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans on 6/4/2018, 11:47 pm

While I appreciate what they were trying to do, and think it might be a great match for rifle shooters, for everyone else, particularly shotgun (and I suspect bullseye and "falling steel"), the match was a total administrative train wreck.  Registration was haphazard, about every 5th target thrown broke in the machines, the electricity to the machines went out briefly, and the awards ceremony focused almost exclusively on rifle shooters and was almost 3 hours long.  The organizers couldn't even be bothered to type up and post proper results for the shotgun events, only posting raw score sheets for skeet, and none for trap.  They didn't post any results for the 2700, so I'm not sure they even held it.   

I admit, the awards ceremony was at times moving for its involvement gold star families and readings of backgrounds of the folks KIA for whom matches were named, even that was poorly organized, with the Marines who were supposed to be doing the reading frequently caught off guard and unprepared.

Bottom line, if you're a rifle shooter, it might be a good match.  If you're not, I wouldn't recommend it.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 6/5/2018, 1:38 am

mpolans wrote:While I appreciate what they were trying to do, and think it might be a great match for rifle shooters, for everyone else, particularly shotgun (and I suspect bullseye and "falling steel"), the match was a total administrative train wreck.  Registration was haphazard, about every 5th target thrown broke in the machines, the electricity to the machines went out briefly, and the awards ceremony focused almost exclusively on rifle shooters and was almost 3 hours long.  The organizers couldn't even be bothered to type up and post proper results for the shotgun events, only posting raw score sheets for skeet, and none for trap.  They didn't post any results for the 2700, so I'm not sure they even held it.   

I admit, the awards ceremony was at times moving for its involvement gold star families and readings of backgrounds of the folks KIA for whom matches were named, even that was poorly organized, with the Marines who were supposed to be doing the reading frequently caught off guard and unprepared.

Bottom line, if you're a rifle shooter, it might be a good match.  If you're not, I wouldn't recommend it.
They didn't post any results for the 2700, so I'm not sure they even held it.   

They cancelled that 2700. Only 5 shooters pre registered.......then again they didn't advertise the match at all. 
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum