Shipping a firearm question.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shipping a firearm question.

Post by kjanracing on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

I sold my 52-2, shipp8ng it to a guy back east. I’m not going to ship through a FFL. I have the paperwork from the FFL I’m shipping to. I’ve read the UPS site on requirements for shipping a handgun. One of the reqs is to inform the driver or counter person that the box contains a handgun. Why? Do they treat it any differently, separate the package from the others? Secret stamp? The package can’t have any labeling that leads anyone to think there is a handgun inside. Does anyone know what the deal with that req is? 
Kurt
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

Re: Shipping a firearm question.

Post by Wobbley on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:13 pm

cheers
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by kjanracing on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:23 pm

I wanted to follow up on how shipping my handgun turned out.
I e mailed the receiving FFL about the transfer. They sent me their FFL license and address to send it to. I used my business UPS account and printed a Next Day Air Saver label. It costed about $102.00 using a UPS medium box. Packed the gun and accessories, and an envelope with the FFL and a copy of my driver’s license. The UPS guy came and I handed him the box. I got a delivery notice the next day. Easy.  I asked another driver about telling him I’m shipping a firearm. He said it’s so they can separate it for getting an adult signature on delivery. So everything worked just fine. Now I know what to do for the next one.
Kurt
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum