M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Go down

M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by Distinguished 1121 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:03 am

I have one of the finest Match Grade Garand's available, with this gun I will selling a case of Lake City Match ammo, Leather Competition jacket, stool, gloves, and mat. Also have a competition Sling. One price for all $6500 or OBO. I can send pictures and you can e-mail me for any further information you might need, at dba30x@bellsouth.net

Distinguished 1121

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 77
Location : Rutledge GA

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by Baydawg on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Omg....$6500? That better be two mccoys for that!
avatar
Baydawg

Posts : 98
Join date : 2017-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by Wobbley on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 pm

If it was an AMU built NM in 30 that has not been fired, perhaps.
avatar
Wobbley

Posts : 1699
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

M1 Garard

Post by Distinguished 1121 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Sorry fellows I really had no idea what to list this M1 Garand for and prices. If someone would give me a decent number I would by happy to that into consideration, thank you for your response and fed back.

Distinguished 1121

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 77
Location : Rutledge GA

Back to top Go down

M1 Garand

Post by Distinguished 1121 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:41 pm

Baydawg wrote:Omg....$6500? That better be two mccoys for that!
Sorry, Baydawq, I wasn't really sure what this unit should sell for. This gun was built by a Navy smith in Jacksonville years ago, and I shot it in 1 match only since being built. If you could give an idea of a price, I sure would take that advice. Thank you

Distinguished 1121

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 77
Location : Rutledge GA

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by dronning on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:14 pm

I am not sure what this M1 would be worth BUT try the Garand Collectors Assoc. THIS LINK
they might be able to give you better info.
- Dave
I own several M1's one is a Collector grade valued between $4-5K
avatar
dronning

Posts : 1928
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 65
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by cdrt on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 pm

I have a Don McCoy Winchester M1, chambered in .308.  I would expect something in the $1500 to $2500 range, if I were going to sell it.  It all depends on how much someone really wanted it.
avatar
cdrt

Posts : 491
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Amarillo, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by rich.tullo on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:46 pm

cdrt wrote:I have a Don McCoy Winchester M1, chambered in .308.  I would expect something in the $1500 to $2500 range, if I were going to sell it.  It all depends on how much someone really wanted it.
$2K is about right, maybe higher if the base gun was a NM gun with "matching parts". 

Original NM guns go for $3K to 6K but in this case the customization probably offended the collectors value so low end is about right. 

I am no expert on Garands but to get big numbers you need a very appropriate gun.
avatar
rich.tullo

Posts : 1059
Join date : 2015-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by L Valdez on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:53 pm

If you have two buyers at that price, send one to me. I would part with mine.

L Valdez

Posts : 47
Join date : 2016-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by USSR on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:05 am

This begets the question: Why do you advertise for sale items at exorbitant prices for which you have absolutely no knowledge of their true value?

Don
avatar
USSR

Posts : 257
Join date : 2017-07-14
Age : 68
Location : Finger Lakes Region of NY

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by jmdavis on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 am

I know people who have paid $3k+ for a mix master wood and glue bedded M1 to shoot in JCG matches. I also know that in 2008 Don McCoy quoted me $1800 for a rifle in 308 with his modifications. He also recommended that I buy a CMP Service Rifle and then if I chose have Gus Fisher look it over and make any "needed" modifcations. My desire was for a shooter, not a match rifle at that time.
avatar
jmdavis

Posts : 1290
Join date : 2012-03-24
Location : Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by dronning on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:52 am

Here is a rifle to compare, you are about double what you should be selling it for.

New unfired M1 Match gun on Gun Broker Buy It Now price of $2,995.
M1 Garand - HRA- FULL National Match Competition KRIEGER Barrel - XX Fancy Walnut - Superb finish

The stock is gorgeous!

Case of ammo 173gr? and what qty, 100, 500, 1,000?, Creedmore match ammo is going for $1.30/round.  But I've found LC match ammo in bulk for $0.98/round boxed is more like $1.10-1.25.
Coat $125-175
Stool or is it a cart?
Mat $20
Sling $20
  
- Dave 

Gun Broker rifle description
"This is a full out, all H&R, Match Grade, M1 Garand for serious competitors and collectors. It was assembled using the best components and procedures available, by a retired former AMU national match armorer with over 40 years experience and thousands of builds to date. This Garand is made to compete at 1000 yards at the National Matches at Camp Perry, but is unfired and in New condition. NO RESERVE AUCTION! Starting price is hundreds less than an identically equipped Fulton Armory Peerless M1 and you won't wait 6 months for it. You can have it NOW!"


ACTION is Acraglass epoxy bedded to perfection & hand fitted to stock. Additionally steel rods inserted into stock for added rigidity and strength around the action. NM unitized front end "floats" the barrel for accuracy. GAS CYLINDER is NM modified for clearance. The TWO STAGE TRIGGER has been polished and thoroughly tuned to NM standards and breaks like a glass rod at just over 4.5 lbs. SIGHTS: 1/2 MOA NM rear sight, .0595" hooded aperture, .062" tapered NM front sight. This rifle has been built specifically to meet match rules and come out on top of the competition....... 
avatar
dronning

Posts : 1928
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 65
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by Wobbley on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:21 pm

A case of 30-06 Lake City match was 800 rounds 2 cans of 400).

Current prices for LC M72 is about $500 for 400 in boxes. Add $20 for the can each. So maybe $1100.

The mat, coat and other stuff try 2/3 of current Champions Choice prices for like and kind items. http://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx
avatar
Wobbley

Posts : 1699
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by 1joel1 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:11 pm

dronning wrote:Here is a rifle to compare, you are about double what you should be selling it for.

New unfired M1 Match gun on Gun Broker Buy It Now price of $2,995.
M1 Garand - HRA- FULL National Match Competition KRIEGER Barrel - XX Fancy Walnut - Superb finish

The link for this one is $4995

Joel

1joel1

Posts : 186
Join date : 2012-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by zanemoseley on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:54 pm

1joel1 wrote:
dronning wrote:Here is a rifle to compare, you are about double what you should be selling it for.

New unfired M1 Match gun on Gun Broker Buy It Now price of $2,995.
M1 Garand - HRA- FULL National Match Competition KRIEGER Barrel - XX Fancy Walnut - Superb finish

The link for this one is $4995

Joel

They must have changed the ad, it was $3k. Very nice rifle.

zanemoseley

Posts : 964
Join date : 2015-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by dronning on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:03 pm

zanemoseley wrote:
1joel1 wrote:
dronning wrote:Here is a rifle to compare, you are about double what you should be selling it for.

New unfired M1 Match gun on Gun Broker Buy It Now price of $2,995.
M1 Garand - HRA- FULL National Match Competition KRIEGER Barrel - XX Fancy Walnut - Superb finish

The link for this one is $4995

Joel

They must have changed the ad, it was $3k. Very nice rifle.

Yep, it was priced at $2,995 someone decided it was priced wrong, too bad it wasn't snapped up right away!!! LOL
- Dave
avatar
dronning

Posts : 1928
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 65
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by Baydawg on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:52 am

TBH....Im not sure this ANY Match conditioned Garand worth more than $2500. They are purely nostalgic these days and in no way competitive.  I know there are still some guys that can drive them to good scores...but, they are few and far between.
avatar
Baydawg

Posts : 98
Join date : 2017-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by jglenn21 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:53 am

Ah, but they now have garand matches. Believe they had around 300 shooters at the cmp Talladega park this summer
avatar
jglenn21

Posts : 1490
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 70
Location : monroe , ga

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by Baydawg on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:11 am

jglenn21 wrote:Ah, but they now have garand  matches.  Believe they had around 300 shooters at the cmp Talladega park this summer
sure... but definitely not for match conditioned guns.

no bedding
no unitizing handguards
etc


cw
avatar
Baydawg

Posts : 98
Join date : 2017-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by dronning on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:49 am

Baydawg wrote:
jglenn21 wrote:Ah, but they now have garand  matches.  Believe they had around 300 shooters at the cmp Talladega park this summer
sure... but definitely not for match conditioned guns.

no bedding
no unitizing handguards
etc


cw
They do have an unlimited class now so it would qualify for that, the unlimited class is not always offered.  I think the unlimited class is only offered during CMP games matches, but I could be wrong.

Interesting point 2017 Nationals
As Issued class winning score 199-11X
Unlimited class winning score 194-5X

Kind of makes you wonder if the extra $4k is worth it??
 
At a couple of our local Garand matches they even issue you the ammo, so no super duper accurate ammo allowed either!
- Dave
avatar
dronning

Posts : 1928
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 65
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by Baydawg on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:10 am

dronning wrote:
Baydawg wrote:
jglenn21 wrote:Ah, but they now have garand  matches.  Believe they had around 300 shooters at the cmp Talladega park this summer
sure... but definitely not for match conditioned guns.

no bedding
no unitizing handguards
etc


cw
They do have an unlimited class now so it would qualify for that, the unlimited class is not always offered.  I think the unlimited class is only offered during CMP games matches, but I could be wrong.

Interesting point 2017 Nationals
As Issued class winning score 199-11X
Unlimited class winning score 194-5X

Kind of makes you wonder if the extra $4k is worth it??
 
At a couple of our local Garand matches they even issue you the ammo, so no super duper accurate ammo allowed either!
- Dave
The matches are all shot at 200 yards and are on the SR1 (standing and rapid sitting target).

The cmp but a ridiculous weight limit on the "Unlimited class" effectively knocking out everyones Match Conditioned Grands out.
avatar
Baydawg

Posts : 98
Join date : 2017-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 Match Grand Garand with all the accessiories

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum