Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire

Post by 10sandxs on 6/23/2018, 12:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, in the never ending search for an ultradot replacement, I can Eleminate the vortex crossfire.  Yes, Im left handed, but my jerk isn't quite this bad

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Re: Another one bites the dust, vortex crossfire

Post by gregbenner on 6/25/2018, 3:52 pm

10sandxs wrote:Well, in the never ending search for an ultradot replacement, I can Eleminate the vortex crossfire.  Yes, Im left handed, but my jerk isn't quite this bad

I am curious, how does a dot sight cause this problem?  Does it move somehow?

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on 6/25/2018, 5:53 pm

I'm guessing the windage & elevation adjusts crap out and the dot just wanders around.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 6/25/2018, 6:33 pm

LenV wrote:Mike, It is 724.00 with the mount but they are "sold out". I wonder what they go for on the used market?

Rob, Zero problems with my Vortex Crossfire but have it mounted on a 52 so not much recoil.

Have S-30 on a wad gun (45). Works like a champ after 2 years.
LenV, I just checked - I can add it to my shopping cart, so it's apparently still available.

Read the article on the Aimpoint sights at:  https://bigtexoutdoors.com/blogs/news/88201863-differences-between-aimpoint-micro-sights

You will find the text "Save 15% THESE SIGHTS with the code Aimpoint Article.

If you're still having trouble, call Ike Stephens at BigtexOutdoors, who is the person who helped me.
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 6/25/2018, 6:54 pm

Mike. Sorry, not true Laughing. You asked what it would cost with the standard mount. I checked. It is 724.00. Only about 25.00 more then without. Worth getting... But they are sold out (the mount). I am not having trouble. I have zero desire to spend 600.00 on a dot that just goes down in value. I like Aimpoints don't get me wrong. I now have 6 of them and have a little less then 750.00 into all 6. I kind of wonder why I bought the 2000 but 3000, 7000 and 9000 are super nice. Just shot State matches (Oregon) and had one of each in the match. Call me a cheapskate. Rolling Eyes

LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 6/25/2018, 7:05 pm

Oh, you mean the mount is sold out?   I didn't realize what you meant.  There is a 15% discount on the sights.  I never even checked on the mount, as I have a spare, since I replaced the stock mount with a Kodiak mount on my Salyer.

Yep, with the discount, it's $600 or so.  It's a lot more than other sights, but it's $100 less than what I was going to have to spend with MidwayUSA.  

I only know what I see, and have only used four tube-style sights, ADCO, Tasco, Matcdot II, and Aimpoint H-1.  As a photographer, I prefer the image through the Aimpoint, and as a 74-year old dude who isn't as strong as he'd like to be, I greatly prefer the reduction in weight with the Micro Sights.  

If you did get one, for a wad gun, plan on $100 more for the Kodiak machined steel mount from KC.   

....you've got a very nice collection!!!!
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Wile E Coyote on 6/25/2018, 7:17 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:… anyone have an user opinion on the UltraDot HD micro ?

no es bueno

Wile E Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 6/25/2018, 7:53 pm

If I remember right, I was told it is off-set to the side.  I never found anything good about it, so I stopped searching.
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs on 6/25/2018, 8:12 pm

gregbenner wrote:
10sandxs wrote:Well, in the never ending search for an ultradot replacement, I can Eleminate the vortex crossfire.  Yes, Im left handed, but my jerk isn't quite this bad

I am curious, how does a dot sight cause this problem?  Does it move somehow?
a friend said that you could see my shots shifting down as I was shooting the strings.  each shot went farther down and right the equivalent of a click or two... the elevation and windage adjustments are slipping.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by paul noles on 6/25/2018, 9:49 pm

Was it in the vortex base or the kodiak base???

paul noles

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs on 6/25/2018, 10:14 pm

paul noles wrote:Was it in the vortex base or the kodiak base???
vortex

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by paul noles on 6/25/2018, 10:17 pm

Thanks....i just aquired 1 but gonna use the kodiak ....i think that will help....good luck in your search ..its been on going for me.. I even purchased two 9000 s c and I'm not overly happy with them

paul noles

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs on 6/25/2018, 10:25 pm

paul noles wrote:Thanks....i just aquired 1 but gonna use the kodiak ....i think that will help....good luck in your search ..its been on going for me.. I even purchased two 9000 s c and I'm not overly happy with them
My next option is to go frame mount to minimize recoil impact to the sight. I have a design, just need to find the time to make it and install a dot on it...  I'm going to turn the dot 90 degrees and remove the scope rail from the slide to enable a lower bore to dot axis. on my next build, I'm going to flat top the slide to get it even lower, but that is probably this winter's project...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by paul noles on 6/25/2018, 10:28 pm

I think i may know you ....i live in st charles mo ....have we shot together somewhere

paul noles

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs on 6/25/2018, 10:54 pm

paul noles wrote:I think i may know you ....i live in st charles mo ....have we shot together somewhere
I don't think so... I live in West Fargo ND.  I've shot Perry several times, but none recently...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 6/25/2018, 10:57 pm

I put a Sightron 30mm on a frame mounted 45 I built. I liked it better than the UD 30 mm. It didn’t have negative magnification. I personally only use Aimpoint Micro and 9000SC on my pistols. 2 moa only and have no issues with the fit being not bright enough or distorted. 
Jon
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs on 6/26/2018, 6:31 am

JKR wrote:Rob,

After an UltraDot crash last year at Perry, I bought a Sightron S30-5. I seriously like this sight and recently bought another for my 22. So far I have a bit over two thousand rounds on the first one on my slide mounted 45. So far, so good!

They're advertised as a 5 minute dot but that's wrong. The dot is half the size of the UD 4 minute dot. The adjustments are crisp and there's no negative magnification. I'm sure other shooters have tried them but I've not heard much except from Len V who's always a good source to check with about dot sights. 

The Springfield you re barreled for me is performing fabulously! I'll be shooting it at Perry with the Sightron.

Jim
Good to hear jim.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 7/29/2018, 3:53 pm

What about Bausch & Lomb 2x?
AP
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 on 7/30/2018, 4:00 pm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Aimpoint doesn't make a 4 MOA dot any more.  Just 2 MOA across the board.  That change was done the beginning of the year.
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zippy on 7/30/2018, 4:22 pm

Thank you KC for the heads up on the 4MOA at Perry, I picked up 2   Just waiting until you get the Kodiak for the Pardini back in stock.

Thanks

Zippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum