Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Precsion Pistol Rule Book, new revision problems

5 posters

Go down

Precsion Pistol Rule Book, new revision problems Empty Precsion Pistol Rule Book, new revision problems

Post by cdrt 6/24/2018, 2:05 am

I got an email from the NRA. The fixed the Precision Pistol rule book online, sort of. They did clean up page 9, but it still has a disturbing sentence just before the paragraph on safeties, which says they are prohibited. Not sure why that sentence is there and I wrote them back, pointing out that it should not be there, since safeties are not prohibited, but necessary. Also, they still did not clean up the index, like I asked.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Precsion Pistol Rule Book, new revision problems Empty Re: Precsion Pistol Rule Book, new revision problems

Post by Ed Hall 6/24/2018, 6:29 am

cdrt wrote:I got an email from the NRA. The fixed the Precision Pistol rule book online, sort of. They did clean up page 9, but it still has a disturbing sentence just before the paragraph on safeties, which says they are prohibited. Not sure why that sentence is there and I wrote them back, pointing out that it should not be there, since safeties are not prohibited, but necessary. Also, they still did not clean up the index, like I asked.
That sentence was part of:

NRA Rule Book wrote:The following items are prohibited:

a) Peep, ghost, optical or electronic sights.
The list got removed along with the Production Division that followed.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Precsion Pistol Rule Book, new revision problems Empty Re: Precsion Pistol Rule Book, new revision problems

Post by cdrt 6/24/2018, 6:50 am

Well, that explains that, thanks.  Hopefully they will delete the sentence and fix the index.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Precsion Pistol Rule Book, new revision problems Empty Are they non-paid volunteers?

Post by IT1 Wes 6/24/2018, 1:03 pm

Are they non-paid volunteers?
IT1 Wes
IT1 Wes

https://bookspublicdomain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 6/24/2018, 3:52 pm

IT1 Wes wrote:Are they non-paid volunteers?
No, these are staff people in the Competitive Shooting department that oversees all the disciplines.  I've had conversations with them on the phone and in emails.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 6/26/2018, 5:08 pm

cdrt wrote:
IT1 Wes wrote:Are they non-paid volunteers?
No, these are staff people in the Competitive Shooting department that oversees all the disciplines.  I've had conversations with them on the phone and in emails.
Respectfully, they need to hire someone who understands documentation and who is capable of making a concerted effort to bring all of their rulebooks into line.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 6/27/2018, 1:39 am

It's my understanding that the Precision Pistol rules will get an administrative "scrub" after Nationals to fix the multiple administrative issues still remaining, and make the necessary corrections to Section 17, that add the collegiate category to national records.  Additionally, I understand that the NRA Board approved rules from 2017 for the International Pistol rules will be added, just in time for the 2018/19 Collegiate Pistol season.  Strongly recommend you all continue to make substantive and administrative recommendations to the NRA rules via e-mail to pistol@nrahq.org.

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 6/27/2018, 7:57 pm

ted.carter.568 wrote:It's my understanding that the Precision Pistol rules will get an administrative "scrub" after Nationals to fix the multiple administrative issues still remaining, and make the necessary corrections to Section 17, that add the collegiate category to national records.  Additionally, I understand that the NRA Board approved rules from 2017 for the International Pistol rules will be added, just in time for the 2018/19 Collegiate Pistol season.  Strongly recommend you all continue to make substantive and administrative recommendations to the NRA rules via e-mail to pistol@nrahq.org.

I think the rules committee is overlooking one major issue.
They shouldn't be revising or "scrubbing" individual rulebooks. ALL the rulebooks should be revised together in one master file.
I wrote about the issue here:
https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t9705-2018-rulebook#84277
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down