Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

+2
Chris Miceli
Sheriff1962
6 posters

Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by Sheriff1962 Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:06 pm

I want to replace super wide thumb safety on my Les Baer PII.  Any recommendations? I am looking at WC. They offer two different sizes .

Sheriff1962

Posts : 176
Join date : 2018-07-04

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by Chris Miceli Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:15 pm

 since i'm a lefty and don't rest my thumb on the safety i like egw gi 

Chris Miceli

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by Sheriff1962 Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Looked at EGW. Ended up with BP narrow WC.  Looks good and not wide. The wide LB safety relay is uncomfortable.

Sheriff1962

Posts : 176
Join date : 2018-07-04

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by orpheoet Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Personally I prefer the WC wide thumb safety because I do rest my thumb on it. I vastly prefer it on my EIC gun.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2014-07-29
Age : 56
Location : Berea, Oh

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by apipeguy Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:07 pm

I went with Wilson’s wide safety on my PII. Very happy with it.
apipeguy
apipeguy

Posts : 66
Join date : 2018-03-28
Age : 68
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by lablover Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Ok, all thru the military I always rested my thumb on the safety.  Always did it as a civilian as well.  My first BE practice I was told by several salty dogs that was a nono...as it would affect my shooting.  So, no or ok?
lablover
lablover

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2015-07-30
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by Chris Miceli Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:09 pm

lablover wrote:Ok, all thru the military I always rested my thumb on the safety.  Always did it as a civilian as well.  My first BE practice I was told by several salty dogs that was a nono...as it would affect my shooting.  So, no or ok?

Most the best shooters I know not only rest on the safety but add forward and downward pressure as well

Chris Miceli

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by lablover Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:
lablover wrote:Ok, all thru the military I always rested my thumb on the safety.  Always did it as a civilian as well.  My first BE practice I was told by several salty dogs that was a nono...as it would affect my shooting.  So, no or ok?

Most the best shooters I know not only rest on the safety but add forward and downward pressure as well
I may go back to it then...might have to adjust my load because the slide drags along my thumb.  Then again, the new grip seems to be doing well too.  I need to decide and stick with it
lablover
lablover

Posts : 1275
Join date : 2015-07-30
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by Chris Miceli Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:45 pm

lablover wrote:
Chris Miceli wrote:
lablover wrote:Ok, all thru the military I always rested my thumb on the safety.  Always did it as a civilian as well.  My first BE practice I was told by several salty dogs that was a nono...as it would affect my shooting.  So, no or ok?

Most the best shooters I know not only rest on the safety but add forward and downward pressure as well
I may go back to it then...might have to adjust my load because the slide drags along my thumb.  Then again, the new grip seems to be doing well too.  I need to decide and stick with it
yes, your thumb interfering with slide operation is definitely a no no. Just find what is comfortable and works for you.

Chris Miceli

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by rich.tullo Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:53 pm

I shoot with my finger low because a high hold interferes with my trigger finger.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2015-03-27

Back to top Go down

Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911 Empty Re: Thumb safety on a bullseye 1911

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum