Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electronic triggers

+3
dronning
javaduke
hengehold
7 posters

Go down

Electronic triggers  Empty Electronic triggers

Post by hengehold 8/14/2018, 8:13 am

I looked at the NRA precision pistol rule book and did not see a mention of electronic triggers. Are these used for  NRA precision bullseye shooting?

-T

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Electronic triggers  Empty Re: Electronic triggers

Post by javaduke 8/14/2018, 8:48 am

They are not explicitly forbidden, so yes, technically, they are legal. But I only knew one person who used an electronic trigger, if Im not mistaken, it was Pardini SPE, and after three or four repairs he decided to get rid of it and trade for a mechanical SP. Turns out, those electronic triggers suffer too much abuse in semi auto pistols. They work fine in air guns and free pistols though.

javaduke

https://bullseyepistolblog.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 8/14/2018, 8:53 am

I watched a interview with Sanderson from US Olympic pistol team and he was advocating for the use of an electronic trigger. He shoots a rapidfire rimfire event. It just seems like a natural progression to use an electronic trigger in precision pistol  Also. 
-T

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 8/14/2018, 9:08 am

One of the great benefits to the electronic trigger is that it apparently actuates each time you pull it regardless of whether or not the pistol was actually fired with a piece of ammunition. This would allow for realistic training for rapidfire events.

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 8/14/2018, 9:17 am

hengehold wrote:I looked at the NRA precision pistol rule book and did not see a mention of electronic triggers. Are these used for  NRA precision bullseye shooting?

-T
No, There are several 22lr pistols with eTriggers you could use, as stated by javaduke no rules against it, but I don't know anyone that is currently using one.  If anyone is it would be Keith Sanderson as he uses an electronic trigger on his Pardini for ISSF/Olympic rapid fire events.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 8/14/2018, 11:59 am

dronning wrote:
hengehold wrote:I looked at the NRA precision pistol rule book and did not see a mention of electronic triggers. Are these used for  NRA precision bullseye shooting?

-T
No, There are several 22lr pistols with eTriggers you could use, as stated by javaduke no rules against it, but I don't know anyone that is currently using one.  If anyone is it would be Keith Sanderson as he uses an electronic trigger on his Pardini for ISSF/Olympic rapid fire events.

- Dave

I’m not close with Keith but shot next to him. Didn’t look like an electronic model

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 8/14/2018, 6:27 pm

hengehold wrote:I watched a interview with Sanderson from US Olympic pistol team and he was advocating for the use of an electronic trigger. He shoots a rapidfire rimfire event. It just seems like a natural progression to use an electronic trigger in precision pistol  Also. 
-T

Past tense Used. After some shooters experienced reliability issues Pardini dropped the product.
http://ttorg.targettalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=46671&p=221838

Steyr also dropped their five shot LP50E air pistol too. Not sure where Matchguns is at.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/14/2018, 6:59 pm

Sa-tevp wrote:
hengehold wrote:I watched a interview with Sanderson from US Olympic pistol team and he was advocating for the use of an electronic trigger. He shoots a rapidfire rimfire event. It just seems like a natural progression to use an electronic trigger in precision pistol  Also. 
-T

Past tense Used. After some shooters experienced reliability issues Pardini dropped the product.
http://ttorg.targettalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=46671&p=221838

Steyr also dropped their five shot LP50E air pistol too. Not sure where Matchguns is at.

Not only dropped it, but won't support or repair either. If you have one that fails they'll offer you a mechanical frame for almost $1,000. Seems pretty steep for what amounts to a defective product.

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/14/2018, 8:19 pm

Vladimir at Pardini USA, essentially talked me out of buying a used one.  When they fail, no warning, and no fix.  Plus, at some point, replacements will be not just expensive, but unavailable.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Electronic triggers  Empty NO! They are too delicate!

Post by CraigB5940 8/14/2018, 8:56 pm

Based on what has been said above I don't think I'd trust one for anything other than air pistol. And I don't plan on having any more electronic air pistols with one!

First the good:
I have a Morini 162 EI that is over 10 years old, I bought it used in 2015 and I put about 18K rounds through it in the last 3 years.
Knock on wood it seems to be going on strong. Neil at ISS sold it to me and he said that everyone is buying the electronic model over the mechanical model but he told me he is hard pressed to have a preference for the electronic over the mechanical. Based on that, I bought the electronic for resale value.  So far go good. It shoots very well for me.

Now the Bad and the Ugly:
After I got the Morini, I  bought  a minty near new Styer (8 months old) Lp10 E that gave up the ghost early-I discovered that you could make the trigger fire by moving the battery pack a certain way once the battery cover was off-the wires flexing a certain way made it fire! It was replaced under warranty by the dealer that sold the pistol to the first owner-they were able to confirm I was the second owner and deemed it still under warranty which is a customer service above and beyond the call of duty. 

That was a scary omen to me-think of it on a rapid fire pistol. I have no idea if I would have kept the defective trigger in service that it would degrade to where it would fire totally at rest or with the vibrations of the shot was fired. It was my moral obligation to get it fixed immediately.

I estimated that this pistol malfunctioned after about 2,500 total shots total from both me and the first owner, it was a late model made 8 months before the EVO came out. I sold this pistol promptly after the dealer replaced the trigger circuit board. The dealer told me the Styer Electronic triggers did this "once in a while." According to the first owner, the problem was not evident to him.

So there you have it!

CraigB5940

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down